ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrendring Indian passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ssr

Re: Surrendring Indian passport

Post by ssr » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:08 am

Has anyone managed to get an appointment for passport surrender in Hounslow or Goswell recently? Also is it to ok to submit at Birmingham is there are any slots available?

nishikant945
Newly Registered
India

Post by nishikant945 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:01 pm

ssr wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:08 am
Has anyone managed to get an appointment for passport surrender in Hounslow or Goswell recently? Also is it to ok to submit at Birmingham is there are any slots available?
I was struggling to get an appointment in London - Hounslow or Goswell. I managed to get one for Birmingham. You can submit your application at any centre just make sure the centre you are submitting the application is the same you have selected when filling in the application online.

Hope this helps!

ssr

Post by ssr » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:56 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I do not seem to find an option to select a centre while filling out the application form. When I called VFS today I got similar response , so tried filling a second form but until the submit page couldn't find an option to choose the centre. Now I wonder if I'm filling out the correct form :? . It's one available on the website for passportindia.gov.in, isn't it?

ssr

Post by ssr » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:04 pm

nishikant945 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:01 pm
ssr wrote:
I was struggling to get an appointment in London - Hounslow or Goswell. I managed to get one for Birmingham. You can submit your application at any centre just make sure the centre you are submitting the application is the same you have selected when filling in the application online.

Hope this helps!
Did you submit the form recently. Do you mind letting me know at what point did you have the option to choose the centre while filling out the form.

ssr

Post by ssr » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:11 pm

ssr wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:04 pm
nishikant945 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:01 pm
ssr wrote:

Hope this helps!
Did you submit the form recently. Do you mind letting me know at what point did you have the option to choose the centre while filling out the form.
Just figured out how to do this as someone else had posted earlier about creating a new login to choose a different consulate.

ariesnr
Mood:
India

Post by ariesnr » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:25 am

Hi All,

My wife and daughter have recently got British citizenship and now they need to surrender their Indian Passports/get surrender certificate to proceed with their OCI applications.They have an appointmnet booked at London VFS centre,I am just wondering if I can go and submit the application/documents on behalf of my wife and minor daughter or will my wife only has to go for the application submission. If i am allowed to go are there any documents I need to take (ie) any declaration from my wife/daughter saying that I would be applying/appearing on their behalf?

Please let me know,thanks for your help

Regards

as1501
Newly Registered

Post by as1501 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:27 am

ariesnr wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:25 am
Hi All,

My wife and daughter have recently got British citizenship and now they need to surrender their Indian Passports/get surrender certificate to proceed with their OCI applications.They have an appointmnet booked at London VFS centre,I am just wondering if I can go and submit the application/documents on behalf of my wife and minor daughter or will my wife only has to go for the application submission. If i am allowed to go are there any documents I need to take (ie) any declaration from my wife/daughter saying that I would be applying/appearing on their behalf?

Please let me know,thanks for your help

Regards
You can go on their behalf. Get a declaration from your wife stating the same.

naampadobi
India

Post by naampadobi » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:27 pm

Hi there, wondering what Passport Number to use when booking the appointment on the HCI portal for the Surrender of Indian Passport? Surrender the Indian Passport after naturalisation and received the British Passport already. Thanks!

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:47 pm

naampadobi wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:27 pm
Hi there, wondering what Passport Number to use when booking the appointment on the HCI portal for the Surrender of Indian Passport? Indian Passport Number, British Passport details are to be mentioned in the formSurrender the Indian Passport after naturalisation and received the British Passport already. Thanks!
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

naampadobi
India

Post by naampadobi » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:49 am

dontringthebell wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:47 pm
naampadobi wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:27 pm
Hi there, wondering what Passport Number to use when booking the appointment on the HCI portal for the Surrender of Indian Passport? Indian Passport Number, British Passport details are to be mentioned in the form
Surrendering the Indian Passport after naturalisation and received the British Passport already. Thanks!
Great, Thanks!

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:53 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a bit confused on the signature part. I have appointment in a few days to surrender my kid's Indian passports and not planning to take them to the appointment.

What does the below mean? Should I get my 11 and 4 year old kids signature/thumb impression?

"In case of Minor’s Application/Declaration either of the parents need to sign the application form/declaration along the minor applicant"

Source: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/in ... n-passport (3rd bullet point from the bottom of the page)

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:04 am

srsw wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:53 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm a bit confused on the signature part. I have appointment in a few days to surrender my kid's Indian passports and not planning to take them to the appointment.

What does the below mean? Should I get my 11 and 4 year old kids signature/thumb impression? yes or they may simply write their name

"In case of Minor’s Application/Declaration either of the parents need to sign the application form/declaration along the minor applicant" Declaration to be signed by parent only. Signature under photo is either thumb impression/signature/name of child by child, on Declaration page one parent can sign.

Source: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/in ... n-passport (3rd bullet point from the bottom of the page)
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

srsw

Post by srsw » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:23 pm

dontringthebell wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:04 am
srsw wrote:
Hi everyone,

What does the below mean? Should I get my 11 and 4 year old kids signature/thumb impression? yes or they may simply write their name

"In case of Minor’s Application/Declaration either of the parents need to sign the application form/declaration along the minor applicant" Declaration to be signed by parent only. Signature under photo is either thumb impression/signature/name of child by child, on Declaration page one parent can sign.

Thanks for the info @dontringthebell 👍

jayeshkaushik

Post by jayeshkaushik » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:47 pm

Hi,

I have a surrender appointment in couple of days for myself, wife and 2 children. I am planning to go on my own because it is 300 miles away from our home. I have few queries if anyone can answer them please.
- Can I go and surrender Indian passports on everyone’s behalf?
- I will take a declaration letter from my wife, will that be enough?
- On my kids application form, as I understood, we need to take their thumb impression under the photograph and we need to sign at bottom of page where declaration is?
- The separate declaration needs to be signed by parents only and kids thumb impression is not required there?
- How many prepaid special delivery envelopes are required? Is it just one for all 4 applicants or total 4, one for each applicant?

Thanks
Jayesh

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:34 pm

jayeshkaushik wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:47 pm
Hi,

I have a surrender appointment in couple of days for myself, wife and 2 children. I am planning to go on my own because it is 300 miles away from our home. I have few queries if anyone can answer them please.
- Can I go and surrender Indian passports on everyone’s behalf? yes
- I will take a declaration letter from my wife, will that be enough? yes
- On my kids application form, as I understood, we need to take their thumb impression under the photograph and we need to sign at bottom of page where declaration is? yes, one parent only
- The separate declaration needs to be signed by parents only and kids thumb impression is not required there?yes
- How many prepaid special delivery envelopes are required? Is it just one for all 4 applicants or total 4, one for each applicant?One per application, 4 for 4 application. Please also carry naturalization/registration certificate and British passports, though only photocopies would be submitted.

Thanks
Jayesh

jayeshkaushik

Post by jayeshkaushik » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:19 pm

Thank you for your swift reply.

Just one more query, do we need to print online application form on both sides of paper or at one side only?

Regards
Jayesh

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:40 pm

jayeshkaushik wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:19 pm
Thank you for your swift reply.

Just one more query, do we need to print online application form on both sides of paper or at one side only? there is no true or wright answer to these questions, choose the lesser evil, simply put print one side.

Regards
Jayesh

jayeshkaushik

Post by jayeshkaushik » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:05 pm

Yes, i think that will be better. No point in taking a chance because I am going on my own and in case they don't like it, i will not have other applicants with me to sign new form. Thanks for advise.

srsw

Post by srsw » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:13 pm

srsw wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:23 pm
dontringthebell wrote:
srsw wrote:
Hi everyone,

Update after appointment: I took two forms for each applicant (kid's thumb impression in one and their sign/name under the photo written by them) just in case. For my 11 year old they took the one where she wrote her name and for my 4 year old they took the thumb impression form, but asked me to sign as well below the thumb impression). Basically for little ones you could just write their name (it looks like thumb impression is not mandatory for little kids).

They didn't take copies of their UK birth certificates even though it was mentioned on the VFS website. I asked them to take it just in case, but the lady said that's not required as they didn't receive the instructions yet. Also, they were OK with the two-sided printed form.

I didn't have their UK passport numbers when I filled the online application form but received it before the VFS appointment, so they asked me to write two letters addressing the High Commission of India about the same and mention their passport numbers.

Overall, it was a quick and easy process.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:47 pm

srsw wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:13 pm
Update after appointment: I took two forms for each applicant (kid's thumb impression in one and their sign/name under the photo written by them) just in case. For my 11 year old they took the one where she wrote her name and for my 4 year old they took the thumb impression form, but asked me to sign as well below the thumb impression). Basically for little ones you could just write their name (it looks like thumb impression is not mandatory for little kids).

They didn't take copies of their UK birth certificates even though it was mentioned on the VFS website. I asked them to take it just in case, but the lady said that's not required as they didn't receive the instructions yet. Also, they were OK with the two-sided printed form.

I didn't have their UK passport numbers when I filled the online application form but received it before the VFS appointment, so they asked me to write two letters addressing the High Commission of India about the same and mention their passport numbers.

Thanks for updating. One learns more with each passing day! Indian immigration rules/procedures change with change of location and the person handling case. I got my daughters passport when she was 9 days old (2012), they insisted on thumb impression, this was in london.

jayeshkaushik

Post by jayeshkaushik » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:12 pm

srsw wrote:
srsw wrote:
dontringthebell wrote:
srsw wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for update. May I ask which VFS you have attended and did they give you an indication of how long will it take to receive surrender certificate?

srsw

Post by srsw » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:37 pm

jayeshkaushik wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:12 pm
srsw wrote:
srsw wrote:
dontringthebell wrote:
srsw wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for update. May I ask which VFS you have attended and did they give you an indication of how long will it take to receive surrender certificate?
VFS Cardiff. Yes, they said around 2 weeks.

josephblr
Newly Registered

Post by josephblr » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:18 am

Hi All ,

Attended the appointment for Indian passport surrender at VFS Gosforth , London on 22nd November 2021 . I have not received my surrender certificate yet; or any communication from them .Should I be worried ? Is there any way to chase up ?

jayeshkaushik

Post by jayeshkaushik » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:54 am

Hi,

You can check the status of your application on Passport seva website. The same online page where you filled application form. You can click on your application and it will give you an option of check status.

Thanks

josephblr
Newly Registered

Post by josephblr » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:20 pm

Many thanks