ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visit visa accommodation question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

juma
Newly Registered
Yemen

UK visit visa accommodation question

Post by juma » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:57 am

Hello

I’m inviting my sister and her family to visit me here in the UK, they will be staying with me for 11 days, they are a family of 5, my sister, her husband and three children, oldest child being 7 years old.

My property is 3 bedrooms/2 toilets. I have 2 children, oldest 6 year old and both my kids share a bedroom. My living and Spam is a big open area and have a empty third bedroom.

Is my property sufficient accommodation for their stay?

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: UK visit visa accommodation question

Post by manci » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:27 pm

As far as I am aware there are no special requirements for visitors' accommodation but even for immigration in other categories the accommodation would be adequate if the living room was counted as being available for sleeping.

For 4 rooms 7.5 people are allowed without overcrowding. Children aged 1-10 are counted as half.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Re: UK visit visa accommodation question

Post by jacsll55 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:09 am

juma wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:57 am
Hello

I’m inviting my sister and her family to visit me here in the UK, they will be staying with me for 11 days, they are a family of 5, my sister, her husband and three children, oldest child being 7 years old.

My property is 3 bedrooms/2 toilets. I have 2 children, oldest 6 year old and both my kids share a bedroom. My living and Spam is a big open area and have a empty third bedroom.

Is my property sufficient accommodation for their stay?

Thanks
You should be fine, don't go into details of the number of bedrooms etc on your application.