ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk Visit Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

princessfiona
Newly Registered

Re: Uk Visit Visa

Post by princessfiona » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:57 am

Applied for visit visa for mum 3/September/2021, Cochin vfs. Got email saying received in Chennai 4/9/21.15 working day finished on 25/9/21. 24/9/21 did paid email service got reply about delayed processing on 28/9/21. First escalation done on 15/9/21. Again paid email enquiry done on 5/10/21, got reply it’s on processing waiting for decision. Another reply email was given its reescalated on 8/10/21. Today is 27wd, no reply yet. Until or just before October 15 they were prioritising student visa. Most of the students who applied on the same timeframe got visa & already here. Some visit visas also here. We applied through solicitor & he said no one applied on the same timeframe through him got it yet. Even if it’s rejection they should have informed. I might have made atleast 5 calls as well. It’s all the same answer it’s on processing. If anyone else applied on the same timeframe and got it, please reply.

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:16 am

princessfiona wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:57 am
Applied for visit visa for mum 3/September/2021, Cochin vfs. Got email saying received in Chennai 4/9/21.15 working day finished on 25/9/21. 24/9/21 did paid email service got reply about delayed processing on 28/9/21. First escalation done on 15/9/21. Again paid email enquiry done on 5/10/21, got reply it’s on processing waiting for decision. Another reply email was given its reescalated on 8/10/21. Today is 27wd, no reply yet. Until or just before October 15 they were prioritising student visa. Most of the students who applied on the same timeframe got visa & already here. Some visit visas also here. We applied through solicitor & he said no one applied on the same timeframe through him got it yet. Even if it’s rejection they should have informed. I might have made atleast 5 calls as well. It’s all the same answer it’s on processing. If anyone else applied on the same timeframe and got it, please reply.
Applied 13th Sept (Visit visa) and waiting.
Emailed the paid service and standard response.

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:18 am

I will try to call VFS lahore today. To see if they have an update regarding people whos passport was not taken.

arovbukay
Newly Registered
England

Post by arovbukay » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:37 am

I'm in the same boat, Mother in law applied 01/09/21 but still yet to hear. Got the same email as you did below, also chased on the paid email but same result. what's going on. did yours come through in the end?
shamshi223 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:25 am
hi,

please follow the link below:

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

thanks
yomishu wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:27 am
shamshi223 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:58 am
Hi,

Yes it is the first time I am getting it done for my parents. One of my friend's mother has visited twice to UK so far and they are still waiting too - they did their biometrics on 30th Aug. So absolutely no idea with what's happening in Home Office this time.

yomishu wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:39 am
shamshi223 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:06 am
Hi,

This is what i got. looks like for some reason it went to New Delhi as i got an email from nedelvisainfo@fcdo.gov.uk

Thank you for your UK visa application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process applications:

Non-settlement within 15 working days
Priority Visas within 5 working days
Settlement within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to make a decision on your visa application within these service standards because we require further information to fully assess your application. We will contact you should we require any additional information from you.

Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible. We will notify you by email once a decision has been made.

I wrote a paid email to home office and they responded with below:

We advertise extensively that it can take up to 15 days to consider standard applications. There are however instances where further information is required which will invariably take us over the advertised consideration period. We are presently awaiting further information and will proceed to make a decision on your application as soon as practicable after this is received.

They haven't asked for any further information from us though and it's so confusing now on what additional information they are waiting for :( So looks like it's just a waiting game.

Thanks
yomishu wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:40 am

Hi

Could you please let me know what they mentioned in the delay email? Is there a way to contact the centre to find out the status of the visa since i think Bangalore /cochin visa application go to Chennai to get processed?
Thanks for the detailed reply

Just wanted to know if this is the first time your applying for your parents for uk visit visa , if not did you get this type email before? .

The reason why im asking this is because my parents have come to UK before (stayed for a month) and i expected that the visa process for the same person whose applying the second time would be quicker since they didnt break any rules
ok i have friend who applied on 24th August and he got the visa by 30th September so its taking more then 30 days for now. So i think your friend would have got the visa by now .

Could you please provide me the email address you used to send the email regarding your visa?

Fergi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Fergi » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:26 am

My mother applied from Calcutta, biometrics on 6th September. I sent paid email after 15 working days got over and it was escalated on 28th September. On 29th September got standard email response from nedelvisainfo... as below:

"We advertise extensively that it can take up to 15 days to consider standard applications. There are however instances where further information is required which will invariably take us over the advertised consideration period. We are presently awaiting further information and will proceed to make a decision on your application as soon as practicable after this is received."

Nothing since then. No further information requested by them either. I enquired to the paid email service again last week and was told to wait as it can take up to 15 working days after escalation. No idea what's going on. Students have already arrived as university term has started everywhere, so it can't be that anymore! Panicking now as I don't know what the next step should be!

[quote=yomishu post_id=2036492 time=1634020863 user_id=242662]
Fergi wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:58 pm
My mother applied for visit visa from Kolkata, biometrics done on 6th Sept, delay email on 29th September, nothing since then. I made enquiry using the paid email service and they escalated it on 28th Sept, but was informed that it can take 15 working days even after escalation.
My mother has visited UK several times and also travelled to other countries. I cannot understand what can be the problem in issuing her a visa this time. Other people I know applied from the same VFS after her but got their visas. So I am really worried....

I do know that cochin vfs had a delay in issuing visit visa since they were priotizing student visa in august and beginning of September but again i think they would have mentioned a reason in your delay email / letter
[/quote]

samspidey
Pakistan

Post by samspidey » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:09 am

Hi all,

I got an ''Issued Email'' early morning, but my passport is with me i don't know the instructions about how can I submit my passport to VFS ?

Khurram any idea did you speak with VFS or something to paddle up ?

samspidey
Pakistan

Post by samspidey » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:10 am

Khuram1987 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:18 am
I will try to call VFS lahore today. To see if they have an update regarding people whos passport was not taken.
Khurram any update or instructions from VFS I'm on same boat with you.

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:20 am

I managed to speak to them.

They have said that we have to wait for another email. The email will instruct us to submit our passports.

Once submitted it will take 7-10 days to be ready.

Hope this helps.

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:21 am

Also congratulations on your issued email.

samspidey
Pakistan

Post by samspidey » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:22 am

Khuram1987 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:20 am
I managed to speak to them.

They have said that we have to wait for another email. The email will instruct us to submit our passports.

Once submitted it will take 7-10 days to be ready.

Hope this helps.
That's probably mean's now we've to wait for VFS email any idea when it's expected ?

samspidey
Pakistan

Post by samspidey » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:22 am

Khuram1987 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:21 am
Also congratulations on your issued email.
Thanks Bro.

lieferschurke
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lieferschurke » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:46 am

samspidey wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:09 am
Hi all,

I got an ''Issued Email'' early morning, but my passport is with me i don't know the instructions about how can I submit my passport to VFS ?

Khurram any idea did you speak with VFS or something to paddle up ?
VSF contact with you email or call soon

kufarooq1
United Kingdom

Post by kufarooq1 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:59 pm

No idea how they are working. I was expecting passport collection email ( since the issue email last Saturday) but instead just received visa application issued email again for only one applicant ( we have two applications for my mum and dad).

Anyone in similar situation? Why would they send me again and for only one? Or is it just an admin error?

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:11 am

jacsll55 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:16 am
princessfiona wrote:
Applied 13th Sept (Visit visa) and waiting.
Emailed the paid service and standard response.
Quick update in response to my paid online query (email service) got the reply below:

Thank you for your query from the information you have provided, we have escalated your case to the relevant department on 12-10-2021 and you should be contacted within 15 working days. Please wait until the 15 working days have passed before contacting the service again as we are unable to do anything further before this time.

We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.

princessfiona
Newly Registered

Post by princessfiona » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:49 am

I lost faith now. I am expecting it by November now. I’m thinking of withdrawing the application and apply ing for priority service. Now that more countries come out of red list, they might be processing the old applications from these countries; as they applied before us.

princessfiona
Newly Registered

Post by princessfiona » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:46 am

Someone I know applied on August 16 got visa this week, so it’s taking 8 weeks now.

Charu79
Newly Registered
India

Post by Charu79 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:57 am

Finally received uk visitor visa for 2 years for my BIL.

Biometric done : 31/08/2021,chennai,vfs
Passport received with visa : 14/10/2021.

No issued email or despatched email from vfs..passport arrived with visa

samspidey
Pakistan

Post by samspidey » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:23 am

Hi Khurram,

Any news from VFS or any call ?

arovbukay
Newly Registered
England

Post by arovbukay » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:06 am

Passport delivered with Visa today 14/10/21
arovbukay wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:37 am
I'm in the same boat, Mother in law applied 01/09/21 but still yet to hear. Got the same email as you did below, also chased on the paid email but same result. what's going on. did yours come through in the end?
shamshi223 wrote:
hi,

thanks
yomishu wrote:
shamshi223 wrote:
Hi,

Yes it is the first time I am getting it done for my parents. One of my friend's mother has visited twice to UK so far and they are still waiting too - they did their biometrics on 30th Aug. So absolutely no idea with what's happening in Home Office this time.

yomishu wrote:
shamshi223 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:06 am
Hi,

This is what i got. looks like for some reason it went to New Delhi as i got an email from nedelvisainfo@fcdo.gov.uk

Thank you for your UK visa application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process applications:

Non-settlement within 15 working days
Priority Visas within 5 working days
Settlement within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to make a decision on your visa application within these service standards because we require further information to fully assess your application. We will contact you should we require any additional information from you.

Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible. We will notify you by email once a decision has been made.

I wrote a paid email to home office and they responded with below:

We advertise extensively that it can take up to 15 days to consider standard applications. There are however instances where further information is required which will invariably take us over the advertised consideration period. We are presently awaiting further information and will proceed to make a decision on your application as soon as practicable after this is received.

They haven't asked for any further information from us though and it's so confusing now on what additional information they are waiting for :( So looks like it's just a waiting game.

Thanks

Just wanted to know if this is the first time your applying for your parents for uk visit visa , if not did you get this type email before? .

The reason why im asking this is because my parents have come to UK before (stayed for a month) and i expected that the visa process for the same person whose applying the second time would be quicker since they didnt break any rules
ok i have friend who applied on 24th August and he got the visa by 30th September so its taking more then 30 days for now. So i think your friend would have got the visa by now .

Could you please provide me the email address you used to send the email regarding your visa?

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:46 pm

princessfiona wrote:
Hi

Which number did you call? Uk number?
When you used the paid service - did they give an answer or the standard reply saying processing ?

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:54 pm

princessfiona wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:46 am
Someone I know applied on August 16 got visa this week, so it’s taking 8 weeks now.
I have two of my friends who applied from cochin vfs and it took them 30 days after biometrics to get the visa
one applied in august and after 30 days of biometrics -he got it
Another friend had his biometrics on 7th sept and he got visa on 8th october

so i am guess it takes 30 days after biometrics

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:02 pm

Charu79 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:57 am
Finally received uk visitor visa for 2 years for my BIL.

Biometric done : 31/08/2021,chennai,vfs
Passport received with visa : 14/10/2021.

No issued email or despatched email from vfs..passport arrived with visa
When did you do the biometrics? date?

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:02 pm

arovbukay wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:06 am
Passport delivered with Visa today 14/10/21
arovbukay wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:37 am
shamshi223 wrote:
hi,

thanks
yomishu wrote:
shamshi223 wrote:
Hi,

yomishu wrote:

When did you do the biometrics? date??

princessfiona
Newly Registered

Post by princessfiona » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:24 pm

https://iasservices.org.uk/track-uk-visa-status/
This is the link.
you can phone an English-speaking helpline on +44 (0) 300 790 6268. You can phone the helpline Monday – Friday, and it is open for 24 hours a day. Calls cost 69p per minute.

princessfiona
Newly Registered

Post by princessfiona » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:15 pm

Yomishu,

Is it visitor visa???