ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Spouse Visa Extension - Cat A or Cat B?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

barokut
BANNED

Spouse Visa Extension: Sponsor claimed U.C. but SU07 may have been signed in initial Spouse application

Post by barokut » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:57 pm

Hiya,

So long story short, bullet points style.

- I'm British, sponsor, husband.

- Had solicitor to apply for wife visa on Jan 2019.

- Saw the main application form at that time.

- Wife came on April 2019.

- Few months after, lost my job so claimed Universal Credit benefit but I only got funds for myself whilst wife claimed nothing.

- Pandemic happened in 2020, claimed U.C. throughout plus worked part time (got new job-zero hours from then).

- Using that new job to show income plus another zero hour job, under Cat B as jobs are zero hours (but I get continuous shifts from both and will earn over £18.6k before this December 2021).

- Now Spouse Visa extension is due for renewal on Jan 2022.

- Just found out from some people who had a signed SU07 form from Sponsor, their renewals were affected as Sponsor claimed benefits (under Sponsor name only).

- I do not know if my solicitor had signed on my behalf (he never told me anything about SU07 form, just the main application form).

- If solicitor signed the form (without asking me about it), would my wife's visa renewal be affected?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse Visa Extension: Sponsor claimed U.C. but SU07 may have been signed in initial Spouse application

Post by TODMATT » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:06 pm

barokut wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:57 pm
Hiya,

So long story short, bullet points style.

- I'm British, sponsor, husband.

- Had solicitor to apply for wife visa on Jan 2019.

- Saw the main application form at that time.

- Wife came on April 2019.

- Few months after, lost my job so claimed Universal Credit benefit but I only got funds for myself whilst wife claimed nothing.

- Pandemic happened in 2020, claimed U.C. throughout plus worked part time (got new job-zero hours from then).

- Using that new job to show income plus another zero hour job, under Cat B as jobs are zero hours (but I get continuous shifts from both and will earn over £18.6k before this December 2021).

- Now Spouse Visa extension is due for renewal on Jan 2022.

- Just found out from some people who had a signed SU07 form from Sponsor, their renewals were affected as Sponsor claimed benefits (under Sponsor name only).

- I do not know if my solicitor had signed on my behalf (he never told me anything about SU07 form, just the main application form).

- If solicitor signed the form (without asking me about it), would my wife's visa renewal be affected?
SU07 was only meant for adult dependent relative so it won’t affect your future applications where sponsor claimed benefit which they are entitled to claim.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

barokut
BANNED

Re: Spouse Visa Extension: Sponsor claimed U.C. but SU07 may have been signed in initial Spouse application

Post by barokut » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:58 pm

You sure? as some others were in trouble in terms of having their (british sponsors) money (Universal Credit) taken back by DWP because of the suo7 form. others spouse visa renewal went to the 10 years route

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:05 am

barokut wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:58 pm
You sure? as some others were in trouble in terms of having their (british sponsors) money (Universal Credit) taken back by DWP because of the suo7 form. others spouse visa renewal went to the 10 years route
Pay for legal advice if you want to be sure because I have no time to start explaining myself to you.

barokut
BANNED

Post by barokut » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:09 pm

I replied politely but you responded by saying "because I have no time to start explaining myself to you." Then why are you on the forum? If you want to answer to other people, no need for that tone. That level of tone was unnecessary.

I only asked if you are sure as others on this very website shared their experiences where their sponsor signed the SU07 form and their spouse visa renewal were affected due to sponsor claiming benefits.

Perhaps it's a one in a million error from Home Office side or for other reasons, I don't know.

Hence why I raised this question.

If you have no time to start explaining to other people then you shouldn't be answering to people on the forum.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:55 pm

I do apologies if you found my response to your previous comment unnecessary. If you read the discription below my comment, I specifically said that I am not an legal advisor.

No one respond to your previous comment but I took the initiative to reply based on my experience and interpretation of the rules so therefore anything I said should be checked out independently by an experts.

SU07 is not intended to be used for a spouse visa or fiancée visa except for adult dependent relative applications so if you someone signed it for a previous application and their sponsor claimed any benefit that is because they are entitled to it which shouldn’t affect anything relating to the applicant. The claimed that it affects spouse visa renewal is unfounded and not true! I am not only on this platform but many others. For example Many sponsor claimed UC and have successfully renewed their sponsors visa without any issues despite signing SU07 in the initial entry clearance application.

There’s a lot of misinformation out there relating to spouse visa so always check things yourself to be sure. I was annoyed the fact that you asked me if I am sure hence my response above.

barokut
BANNED

Post by barokut » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:38 pm

Hi,

As you may know from my previous posts, all this time I mentioned that I will apply for my wife's first spousal visa extension on December 2021 under category B.

My two NHS jobs are both zero hour contracts. Non-salaried basically.

I have just found out that it may be possible to apply under Category A where I only have to show 6 months payslips and bank statements.
May I receive clarification regarding this and what is the pay calculation method under Cat A for non-salaried employment? Do UKVA caseworker use the following methods:

- Method 1: Add up weekly payslips gross payments from June 2021 to December 2021, divide by 6 and multiply by 12?

or Method 2: Take the lowest earning payslip and do the calculation from there?

My total gross June 2021 up until now so far is over £10k (due to having worked overtime - 96 hours in a week).
Applying under Cat A would make it much easier for me to gather my payslips (one of them is around £90 for the week as I took some time off) and bank statements thus less paperwork.

Is it the case that my only option is to apply under Category B?

Please let me know soon. Thanks.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: First Spouse Visa Extension - Cat A or Cat B?

Post by manci » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:55 pm

Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

barokut
BANNED

Re: First Spouse Visa Extension - Cat A or Cat B?

Post by barokut » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:25 am

That's indeed a lazy way of giving the answer. If I know that the guidance is straightforward, I wouldn't have asked here. I already read the guidance. I wasn't too sure if I understood the calculation method completely hence why I asked here. Honestly, if you don't want to bother answering in your own ways, then don't waste mine and others time by giving a link to a PDF guidance for which I could've found out myself.