ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to skilled visa (existing visa application in progress)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashish19_2005
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 ICT to skilled visa (existing visa application in progress)

Post by ashish19_2005 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:14 pm

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been posted earlier and responded. This is my first post, appreciate your feedback thanks.

I’m currently on T2 ICT Visa. My current visa expires in Oct’21 and the extension is in progress with Biometric scheduled in last week of Oct.

I got a job which is offering Skilled worker visa. However I’m confused as to what should be the next steps now? I cannot revoke the extension application from the current employer and how does this new application will fit under the process.

Could someone please share their experiences here? What I should do?

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 ICT to skilled visa (existing visa application in progress)

Post by manci » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:08 am

The CoS by the T2 ICT employer has to be withdrawn and a new CoS by the SW sponsor assigned. to you. Once this is done (before the scheduled biometric appointment) you can make a new visa application based on the new SW CoS. This will vary (supersede) your current application. You should answer YES to the question whether you have another application in progress. A new biometric appointment will also be needed.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

ashish19_2005
Newly Registered
India

Post by ashish19_2005 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:02 pm

Thanks manci,

1 more point, what happen if CoS will be offered by new employer after biometric, do I need to wait for extended visa to be arrived before applying skilled visa with the new CoS.

Appreciate your suggestion here please.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:26 pm

Keep in mind that a) you can only have one CoS assigned to you at any one time and b) an application can only be varied before a decision is reached on it.

Decision on an application is normally only made after the biometric appointment but there is no way of telling exactly when.

The key question is when your current CoS will be withdrawn and the new CoS assigned. This will determine how the process will pan out.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice