ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO asking for life in the uk test letter, failing to follow their own guidance

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

HurdyGurdynew
Newly Registered
Belgium

HO asking for life in the uk test letter, failing to follow their own guidance

Post by HurdyGurdynew » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:19 am

We received a request for more information where the HO case worker wants us to submit the test notification letter for the life in the UK test.

However since 2019 these are no longer issued and you are supposed to send them the reference number so they can check themselves. This is clearly marked on the gov website
https://www.gov.uk/life-in-the-uk-test/ ... ppens-test.

However the guidance the case worker sends through says they are expecting a letter.

Has anyone else experienced this?

secret.simon

Re: HO asking for life in the uk test letter, failing to follow their own guidance

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:54 am

Did you take the test before 17 December 2019?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

HurdyGurdynew
Newly Registered
Belgium

Re: HO asking for life in the uk test letter, failing to follow their own guidance

Post by HurdyGurdynew » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:48 pm

Hi - no, test was taken in March 2021

magicsign
Italy

Post by magicsign » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:02 pm

This is so strange, what did they request exactly in the email sent to you ?

Clearly from

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 7.0ext.pdf

From 17 December 2019, PSI will not issue pass notification letters and instead
applicants can access their results via their PSI LitUK account. The applicant’s
unique reference number (URN) will be displayed against their test results and it is
this URN that they will need to include on their application form. Applicants will also
receive an email upon sitting the test with their URN, whether they failed or passed
it.
You can access the applicant’s details and validate their application by using the
online verification portal; the portal will show the applicant’s test result and include a
photograph of the applicant. You can obtain access via their local account admin
user. If you have concerns about the test results of an applicant, you must discuss
this with your senior caseworker.

I would reply to them saying exactly that :

From 17 December 2019, PSI will not issue pass notification letters

And send them a copy of the official email received from

donotreply@eassessments.online

When you passed your life in the uk test

HurdyGurdynew
Newly Registered
Belgium

Post by HurdyGurdynew » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:06 pm

Thanks - that is exactly what we did :D

Awaiting response now!

magicsign
Italy

Post by magicsign » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:10 pm

Nice keep us updated!

HurdyGurdynew
Newly Registered
Belgium

Post by HurdyGurdynew » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:55 am

All sorted in the end. The interesting thing is that the online form doesn't ask your reference number but without it home office cannot validate the result.

Bit of a catch 22.

What really is annoying is that home office staff is not acknowledging receipt of emails. We basically kept resending the same email in the hope of getting someone to say "we got it, you're ok ". Then one day the approval letter just appeared.

magicsign
Italy

Post by magicsign » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:14 pm

Good that it got sorted at the end, when I submitted the application on August this year there was a form asking for the life in the uk ref. Number

HurdyGurdynew
Newly Registered
Belgium

Post by HurdyGurdynew » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:25 pm

yeah I think the form changed when they realised they moved to the online system yet forgot to update the application form.

Now on to the fun part of getting a passport - why the HO requires you to send your other passports to apply for a uk one is beyond me, they really aren't allowed to request these as they are not the issuing country. They admit you will be without it for at least 10 weeks now - so not risking it for Christmas this year - given the home office snail pace we will be without any passports if we send anything now.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:27 am

HurdyGurdynew wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:25 pm
why the HO requires you to send your other passports to apply for a uk one is beyond me, they really aren't allowed to request these as they are not the issuing country.
The HMPO policy is to issue a new british passport in the same name as that of your other passport(s), to prevent issues with multiple identities (See from Page 5 of the linked to document).

And the purpose of passports is to present them to foreign authorities. Not only are they allowed to request them, that is literally the job of the passport; to request the foreign authorities to allow the holder to travel through their territory.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.