ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa - genuine student

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Osgarath
Newly Registered
Peru

Student visa - genuine student

Post by Osgarath » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:55 pm

Hi all,

My girlfriend has been asked to write an extra personal statement for her CAS application to confirm things like why the choice of university? course? and plans upon finishing the course.

She plans on staying in the UK beyond the completion of her course on the 2 year graduate route visa. Will mentioning this raise flags over her status as a genuine student? Or do they expext "future career plans" to be in her home country (Peru)?

Thanks for any help

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Student visa - genuine student

Post by manci » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:48 pm

What subjects is your girlfiend planning to study or what course is she planning to take?
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Student visa - genuine student

Post by sah10406 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:58 am

Osgarath wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:55 pm
She plans on staying in the UK beyond the completion of her course on the 2 year graduate route visa. Will mentioning this raise flags over her status as a genuine student?
No.

Moreover this statement appears to be a university requirement, not specifically linked to her own Student visa application.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.