ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SMS tech issues

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Edward_R
Newly Registered

SMS tech issues

Post by Edward_R » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:52 am

Hi all. I'm having an issue whereby I can't download the CAS information as a PDF when using the print function they add at the end of the CAS. :oops:

I followed their steps and downloaded a PDF viewer in order to open the document in there however it always tries to open the PDF in the browser (even after I change PDF viewer to default).

Anybody got a solution to this? or a specific PDF viewer that may fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: SMS tech issues

Post by sah10406 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:00 pm

Edward_R wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:52 am
I'm having an issue whereby I can't download the CAS information as a PDF when using the print function they add at the end of the CAS.
Why do you need it exactly?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Edward_R
Newly Registered

Post by Edward_R » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:12 pm

Sometimes I need to update the SMS then provide PDFs of the SMS information when we add sponsor notes or change fees etc.

I can do this with screenshots but it's such a waste of time. I'm aware I can 'print' the webpage in browser but the format is horrific.

I suppose you don't have a solution? I was wondering if this was the same for others who work on SMS.

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:20 pm

You're a Sponsor institution?!

Why would a Student visa sponsor license holder come to a public online forum to ask for amateur advice about using their Sponsor Management System?

Isn't that what the Sponsor Helpdesk is for? Or your Premium Customer Services Team if you have one?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Edward_R
Newly Registered

Post by Edward_R » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:41 pm

wow no need to be rude about it :) I've only just begun to use this system and assumed there would be people in here who had been using it for longer. It's not like I've given out any confidential information or anything. seems like you're overreacting.

Thanks but you've been no help at all. why even reply ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:41 am

Sorry for any rudeness, I was just confused that an education sponsor was asking advice from applicants and migrants on using the SMS, rather than the normal channels set up for them by the Home Office.

Just in case your employer has not properly briefed you on it, the Home Office has a dedicated helpline on sponsorship and SMS queries and issues for education and employer sponsors, and also offers a premium customer service scheme which many sponsors are signed up to. Details here:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-visa-sponsorship- ... ur-licence