ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canada Visit Visa query - visa stamping on passport

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

avaismohammad

Canada Visit Visa query - visa stamping on passport

Post by avaismohammad » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:35 pm

Hi there, does anyone know if I can get my application filled in and biometrics done in India and (on successful decision) submit my passport for visa stamp in the UK ?

I am currently in India on holiday for another 2 months so dont want to waste time as already its taking 190 days for visit visa.
I live in the UK on dependant visa with my husband so would have to travel back in 2 months from India.

Anyone know anything regarding this situation please?

Thanks

ashrizvi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Canada Visit Visa query - visa stamping on passport

Post by ashrizvi » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:00 pm

Hi,

We applied for my wife's Visit Visa to Canada in the UK - 16th September 2021.
Then she was in Pakistan for two months - October till end of December.

We received the email request to submit the passport for further processing (visa stamping) as the application had now been processed in November. The passport had to be submitted within 30 days on the receipt of this letter. We couldn't submit the passport within 30 days of the letter in the UK as she would still have been out of the UK, so we made the contact to the relevant office through a form available on IRCC website (in our case London office responded) >> that we can submit the passport to any VFS location.
So we submitted the passport to the local VFS in Pakistan, and got the visa stamped passport in a week! Quite unbelievable but worked for us.

So my advice will be >> contact the IRCC to confirm this and then submit the passport locally for visa stamping.

I know this is a late reply but thought this sharing of experience might help you or someone in the future.

Kind regards,
Ash