ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa For JR Applicant--Bank statement problem

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

hsmpaspire
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa For JR Applicant--Bank statement problem

Post by hsmpaspire » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:23 pm

Hello,
Iam currently in UK from past 4 years and very recently got my HSMP visa extended under JR.Now i want to get my wife who is in india to UK.
VFS india asked me to fill up VAF10 form with 54k rupees.
Also they said that i need to submit bank statemetnts which are not more than 7 days old.Now iam in trouble as i just cant get statements from bank as well as send it to india in 7 days from UK.
Has anyone faced this situation.

Thanks for your help

and2
Newly Registered

Re: Dependent Visa For JR Applicant--Bank statement problem

Post by and2 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:03 am

hsmpaspire wrote:cant get statements from bank as well as send it to india in 7 days from UK.
why can not you DHL/UPS your papers? does not it take a couple of days?

i am now going to apply for the same type of visa for my wife i've also just extended my JR HSMP. What is not clear for me - the dis the ependant visa fee? On the http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk it showed me a ZERO fee, is it true?

basitali

Post by basitali » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:54 pm

To my understanding this 7 days rule only applies to Tier 1 dependant not HSMP Dependant. Is that right can any one please confirm..

Thanks

mincolt
Newly Registered

Post by mincolt » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:37 am

when i applied for my wife, i went into the bank and i asked them to print out the statements on their letterhead. So it specifically showed my name, address, account number and balance. And it had their HSBC symbol.

i didn't have it signed bc they refused to sign, but i did put a small note stating what i did and that they refused to sign. i think if you did that, it should be okay and you can send it to india on the same day.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:27 am

R u sure Uhave to pay 54K oR 18K

As per hsmp applicant it should 18k

vaf -10 , and if u r in UK than bank statement of last / latest month

if in home country than dated not more than 7 days

Bukhari

Post by Bukhari » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:29 am

As per my understanding, Correct me If i am wrong.
In my latest extension (JR) visa endorsed as Tier1, so cant claim HSMP benefits any more.
For spouse application have to use VAF 10 with equivalent £600 fee. But maintenance funds are not required as written in VAF 10 guidance (due to JR).
Last edited by Bukhari on Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:15 pm

ANY one with practical experience ?

hsmpaspire
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpaspire » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:24 pm

My wife is going to submit stuff day after tomorrow...its crystal clear that in my case(JR applicant dependent whose visa has been extended as Tier 1(General)Migrant)

1)She has to fill VAF10 form with 600 pound fees
2)Though i dont have to show any specific amount as maitainence funds,i have to show last 6 mnths bank statements and last 6 months salary slips.
Bank statements shouldnt be older than 7 days...i have got it confirmed atleast 3 times,both from VFS and BHC

so what i did was,i went and took letter from HSBC...i made my point clear...i spoke to manager directly rather than the people who stand and smile near the door...after getting letter from HSBC with my statements signed/stamped,i used UPS to courier it..It took 2 days to reach india...
Will keep you posted abt progress

good luck

Bukhari

Post by Bukhari » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:16 pm

hsmpaspire wrote:My wife is going to submit stuff day after tomorrow...its crystal clear that in my case(JR applicant dependent whose visa has been extended as Tier 1(General)Migrant)

1)She has to fill VAF10 form with 600 pound fees
2)Though i dont have to show any specific amount as maitainence funds,i have to show last 6 mnths bank statements and last 6 months salary slips.
Bank statements shouldnt be older than 7 days...i have got it confirmed atleast 3 times,both from VFS and BHC
That really helpful.
thanks

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:05 am

really helpful - kindly update progress

i have to apply for my two kids ec , really a hell of money