ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired CCJ

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gihanp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Expired CCJ

Post by gihanp » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:14 am

I studied in the UK a few years ago and I recently noticed that there has been a CCJ filed against me. The CCJ is about to expire in the end of next November (after 6 years since the filed date). I'm preparing to go to the UK for a postgraduate in the 2022 January intake. If I apply for the visa just after the CCJ expired, still do I have to answer "Yes" for the question in the visa application - Have you EVER had a CCJ ? (I'll get this question in the online application as I have been in the UK before)

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Expired CCJ

Post by lolo2 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:25 pm

Probably you have answered your own question when capitalising that "EVER".

The question "Have you EVER had a CCJ ?" seems to be not discriminating whether the CCJ is expired or not, etc., so you need to respond accordingly.

gihanp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by gihanp » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:10 am

I put it in that way because that's how they ask that question. I read somewhere that it is not required to say "Yes"for that question if the CCJ is no longer available in the CCJ register. But I'm still doubtful because of that word "ever". What do you suggest ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:00 pm

gihanp wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:10 am
I read somewhere that it is not required to say "Yes"for that question if the CCJ is no longer available in the CCJ register.
Unless you read that in the immigration rules or Home Office guidance, I would advise ignoring it.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

gihanp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by gihanp » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:34 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:00 pm
gihanp wrote:
I read somewhere that it is not required to say "Yes"for that question if the CCJ is no longer available in the CCJ register.
Unless you read that in the immigration rules or Home Office guidance, I would advise ignoring it.
Noted. what do you suggest in this case ?

gihanp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by gihanp » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:56 am

sah10406 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:00 pm
gihanp wrote:
quoting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do I Need to Include A CCJ In My Visa or ILR Application?

Yes. Even though it may not be a criminal matter, you are legally required to include the fact that you have had a CCJ. The official guidance of the grounds for refusal states the following:

“An applicant who has been handed a CCJ must declare it on their application form as long as the CCJ continues to appear on the register. If the CCJ remains on the register, but the debt has been paid off in full, the applicant must provide details of when the debt was cleared, or alternatively if paying in instalments, provide details of those arrangements, including the total amount paid to date.

An applicant is not required to declare a CCJ that no longer appears on the Register of Judgments, Orders, and Fines”.

Therefore, this confirms that:

You must declare a CCJ if it is still on the register

If you have paid off the debt or are paying it off currently, you need to provide details of this, including how much has been paid off to date, how much is being paid, and how often.

If your CCJ is no longer on the register, you do not need to mention it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quoted from: third party weblink removed by moderator

But still I couldn't find the official guidance which states the above.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:18 am

gihanp wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:56 am
But still I couldn't find the official guidance which states the above.
Neither could I, even searching for the specific text.

Probably best to just declare all CCJs. The consequences of just having a CCJ are pretty much zero, while the consequences of witholding information you are specifically asked about are serious.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.