ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Original Documents required

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

FLR

Original Documents required

Post by FLR » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:09 pm

Hi All,

I was asked by Canadian Immigration authority to submit my original documents some months ago but then they changed the rules that those who applied before 11 sep 2001 will be assessed by the older rules when they applied. So, when I got that news I did not send them the documents.
And afterwords, I got a letter from them saying that I had to submit all the docs which I could not, so they have placed my application in the queue.
1. Now I am not sure what this mean to me. They have rejected my case?
2. What if I send them the docs in next few weeks?
3. What original docs they require, (as it is not mentioned)

Help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:00 pm

1. Applicants falling into this new rules then old rules scenario were required to submit various documents primarily biodata on height, eye colour, language skills etc to reflect the new points system. Some remain in place even where a case reverts to the old points matrix such as eye colour etc as these details will be included in your permanent resident card which is the only definitive at face proof of your status as a permanent residence. In addition where there has been a long time span between application date and the transitional amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act the visa office will want to verify your skills to date, update criminal records etc.

2/3. Why are you not able to submit the required docs? A request for further documentation always specifies what is required e.g. evidence of transferable funds, employment reference letters. It would also give you a submission by date which if you cannot meet you need to notify the visa office with appropriate reasons and evidence. If neither is done then your file is closed and immigrant visa processing stops.

3. Something just doesn't add up in your query - where is your processing post? You need to fax them and tell them their letter is missing info - perhaps you mean they haven't ticked the relevant boxes in the request letter?

FLR

Post by FLR » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:55 am

Thanks Kayalami,

They asked me to submit original docs but I couldn't send them becuase I was sending those to UK Immigration. But I can't tell them about it I guess.
Moreover, I have received a letter from them a month ago, and I may be able to send them the docs when I will get back the docs from UK immigration. So will it have bad consequences if I send them the required docs in a month or so. By the way, they have said that they have placed by case in the queue and will be processed on it's turn.

What do you say ?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:48 pm

They asked me to submit original docs but I couldn't send them becuase I was sending those to UK Immigration. But I can't tell them about it I guess.
So:

1. The Canadian Officials asked you for a distinct set of original documents.

2. Whereas you said they did not and therefore you did not know what to send :roll: .

3. But in fact these are with the UK HSMP Team (I remember you from the previous board - how is your Oz PR application progressing).

You need to submit the documents required by the Canadian officials within the given timeline usually 60-90 days or your file will be closed and immigrant visa processing stopped. Depending on what is required you have to decide whether to source the originals again or take the risk of the HSMP Team sending them back to you in time. You may also wish to contact the visa office and highlight any compelling reasons where you need more time to get documents - these may or may not get accepted by the visa officer.
What do you say ?
Hope you have been more truthful with HSMP Team than with your original post :) .

FLR

Post by FLR » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:24 pm

They asked me for
1. updated application
2. qualification dcos
3. reference letters
but I could not do so. Now I am planning to send them updated application plus reference letters but won't be able to send them qual docs for now. Will send them when I will get them from HSMP team.

It is for sure that I don't want to miss both of them. If I get the docs from HSMP without any good news, and my case is closed with Canada immigration then that will be too bad. :cry: I want to send them some docs atleast so that they don't close my case. Will it do the work ?
:?

FLR

Post by FLR » Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:33 am

Kayalami, Can you answer my above questions? that If I provide the Canada Immigration authorities with some documents, let's say Updated Application form, and reference letters for the time being; and send them the original education docs after some time, will it work for me?

I don't want that they close my case due to not providing them the docs.

Waiting anxiously for your reply!

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:48 am

Post subject: Original Documents

Posted: 16 Mar 2004 16:09
Posted: 18 Mar 2004 13:24
They asked me for
1. updated application
2. qualification dcos
3. reference letters
but I could not do so. Now I am planning to send them updated application plus reference letters but won't be able to send them qual docs for now. Will send them when I will get them from HSMP team.
You gotta start telling the truth dude :lol:

You are required to submit ALL the requested documentation within the given time frame and it is up to you to make sure you get everything. This is because the visa officer can only make a final decision based on all the evidence before him/her. You may send what you have and put a cover note to the effect that there are qualifications missing and the compelling reasons why as well as give a time frame in which you intend to submit them. The visa officer may or may not accept such a reason but he/she is under no obligation to do such. IMHO that the documents are with HSMP Team would not be a compelling reason for you not to submit your original educational docs - why don't you get new ones from your educational institution via the registrar - they get such requests all the time.

FLR

Post by FLR » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:04 am

As canadian Immigration authorities have asked me to send them the originals, I am planning to send them those in a month's time.
1. So, If I send them the docs, how much time do they take to return back the docs to me.
2. Is it a better idea, for the time being, to send them a fax asking them whether it is accepted to them or in other words, asking about the status of my application. As I don't know what they are going to do with my case, the last time that they sent me the letter was one and a half month ago.

Your prompt expert advice is expected.

syedamir12
Newly Registered

Original Documents

Post by syedamir12 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:51 am

Hi guys,

I would like 2 share my views following are my details:

Apllied from Islamabad/Pakistan
Application Submitted: March 2001
Acknoledgement: Received after 15 days
Last September 2003: Letter Received of Update Forms and IELTS
IELTS Submitted: Ielts and updated form submitted on 09/03/2004
Another letter received: Original Education documents and Prrof of fund required.

Original education documents and prrof of funds submitted on 24/03/2004

and now waiting for next steps