ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU citizen , visa for dependent father in Russia(not russian)

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lalalandy2021
Newly Registered
Mood:
Barbados

EU citizen , visa for dependent father in Russia(not russian)

Post by lalalandy2021 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:33 pm

hi
Im an eu citizen in Russia. I want to visit Denmark for less than 90 days with my father who is dependent on me. The Dannish embassy in Moscow told me that i needed to get a registration certificate from denmark first(because of covid) and then my father could apply at the VFS in Moscow.(given the fact that there is no dannish embassy in my fathers home country)

The thing is, my father is not russian and he is here only on a free visa passport and the VFS is asking for proof of residence! is this legal? i read someone here on the forum that they shouldnt ask for this.
Any inputs?

lalalandy2021
Newly Registered
Mood:
Barbados

Re: EU citizen , visa for dependent father in Russia(not russian)

Post by lalalandy2021 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:23 pm

anyone? :cry:

the hurricane

Post by the hurricane » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:14 pm

Hi lalalandy2021,

The general guideline with regards to the schengen visa code is that one must lodge his/her application at the diplomatic mission that is responsible based on his/her nationality or permanent residence. In very exceptional cases you can apply at other embassy but that must be justified and the other diplomatic mission must give their consensus.

i hope the above explanation give more clarity on the matter

lalalandy2021
Newly Registered
Mood:
Barbados

Post by lalalandy2021 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:53 pm

thank you!
well, the good news is that i read somewhere that ''there is no legal requirement for the family member to apply in his/her country of residency' (this is for family members,,regular people applying for a shcnguen visa DO have to apply from their country of residency.

The Danish embassy confirmed me this and said that if i get registered in Denmark their would give my father the visa.

I also applied at the hungarian embassy in the country where my father is and they said I would need a letter of invitation and approval from hungary, i explained to them that this info was wron in my case and they said they do as they please and they have their own protocol(third world country) mamma mia!!!!!!