ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Alternatives to Come back to Ireland - IRP renewal delay

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

joleneeee
Ireland

Alternatives to Come back to Ireland - IRP renewal delay

Post by joleneeee » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:19 pm

Hi,

I am losing my hope. I applied to my stamp 4 IRP card renewal on 15th of September and I heard nothing since. I need to travel on 18th of November because of medical reasons. I am delaying it for a long time, and now it became urgent.

I am from a country where I need a visa or an IRP card to come back to Ireland. It is now almost certain that I will not receive my card until my flight. I talked to my friends, and they will post my card to me to Turkey when it is delivered to my post box.

But let's say for a reason the card got lost in the post or delayed. Worst case, can I come back to Ireland by applying for a tourist visa from my home country? I have a house and a permanent job in Ireland , so I have proof that I live here. What do you think?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Alternatives to Come back to Ireland - IRP renewal delay

Post by littlerr » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:42 pm

You should have applied for a re-entry visa. They usually process such requests within a week and they allow applicants to collect their passport in the Burch Quay office directly.

Since you don’t have that time now, the alternative is for you to apply for a long-stay entry visa with your local embassy back home. You will need proof of residence, proof of work and proof of financial independence in Ireland.

Make sure you have all your documents ready - bank statements, employment letter, utility bills, insurance letter (if you need one), salary slips/P60/P21/EDS etc.

Fill in the application form before you leave Ireland, and make sure you have all your required documents with you before you travel. If your embassy requires an appointment, find one as early as possible, as some embassies can take very long time to issue an entry visa.

You cannot apply for a short stay visit visa unless you are married to an EU national.

joleneeee
Ireland

Post by joleneeee » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:00 pm

littlerr wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:42 pm
You should have applied for a re-entry visa. They usually process such requests within a week and they allow applicants to collect their passport in the Burch Quay office directly.

Since you don’t have that time now, the alternative is for you to apply for a long-stay entry visa with your local embassy back home. You will need proof of residence, proof of work and proof of financial independence in Ireland.

Make sure you have all your documents ready - bank statements, employment letter, utility bills, insurance letter (if you need one), salary slips/P60/P21/EDS etc.

Fill in the application form before you leave Ireland, and make sure you have all your required documents with you before you travel. If your embassy requires an appointment, find one as early as possible, as some embassies can take very long time to issue an entry visa.

You cannot apply for a short stay visit visa unless you are married to an EU national.
Thank you very much littler for your reply, this really helps. I have all the documents you mentioned for the long-stay entry visa. I intend to do this only in the worst case. It is good to know that it is possible to return to Ireland somehow without an IRP card.

(The only reason I haven't applied for the re-entry here is that the processing times were much less until recently for an IRP renewal. It is a shame that it is taking now 2 months at least..)

DUBEG
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by DUBEG » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:28 pm

just finished IRP renewal, took me 7 weeks then 5 days in the post.

tyson_fb
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by tyson_fb » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:48 am

Re-entry visa seems to be abolished for adults
I am renewing my stamp4 but It wont finish in time for Christmas
How can I apply for the re-entry visa? I cant find related info online

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:09 pm

tyson_fb wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:48 am
Re-entry visa seems to be abolished for adults
I am renewing my stamp4 but It wont finish in time for Christmas
How can I apply for the re-entry visa? I cant find related info online
Re-entry visas are issued on a case-by-case basis for urgent travels only. If you don't have an emergency for you or your family, they may not be able to issue one for you, but you can certainly try.

Just follow the re-entry visa application process for Stamp 6 holders:
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/vi ... ly-stamp-6

When you send the application, you need to include:
- Proof of address
- Proof of urgent travel
- Passport
- A copy of your existing IRP card
- A cover letter explaining your reason of requiring a re-entry visa instead of waiting for your IRP card, and your travel dates.

tyson_fb
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by tyson_fb » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:20 pm

Looks like we can just print this Travel Confirmation Notice

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/new-imm ... announced/

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:26 pm