ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child/Minor Naturalisation Timelines submitted Pre-Pandemic

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NatSib43
Newly Registered
Ireland

Child/Minor Naturalisation Timelines submitted Pre-Pandemic

Post by NatSib43 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:42 am

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else who applied for their child's naturalisation pre-pandemic could share their timelines. My husband and I are citizens by naturalisation and we applied for our 2 children right before the lockdowns began....

Timeline here:
March 9, 2020- mailed applications
March 24, 2020- return of kids' passports (got lucky!)
June 2020 - application receipt w/app numbers, also request for child benefit statement
July 2020- sent in additional info as requested
August 2020-letter confirming receipt of additional info
Jan 2021- emailed status inquiry, received response that applications are "advanced stage"
June 2021- emailed status inquiry, another response that they are "advanced stage"
Oct 2021- mailed letter whether they need anything further, no response yet.

It seems insane to me that minors' applications are taking this long for a decision- even with the pandemic.
I am passing 20 months now. Anyone have luck with their TD?

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Child/Minor Naturalisation Timelines submitted Pre-Pandemic

Post by johnpromise01 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:42 pm

NatSib43 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:42 am
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else who applied for their child's naturalisation pre-pandemic could share their timelines. My husband and I are citizens by naturalisation and we applied for our 2 children right before the lockdowns began....

Timeline here:
March 9, 2020- mailed applications
March 24, 2020- return of kids' passports (got lucky!)
June 2020 - application receipt w/app numbers, also request for child benefit statement
July 2020- sent in additional info as requested
August 2020-letter confirming receipt of additional info
Jan 2021- emailed status inquiry, received response that applications are "advanced stage"
June 2021- emailed status inquiry, another response that they are "advanced stage"
Oct 2021- mailed letter whether they need anything further, no response yet.

It seems insane to me that minors' applications are taking this long for a decision- even with the pandemic.
I am passing 20 months now. Anyone have luck with their TD?
I applied for my children in February 2020 same day i applied for myself. We are all still waiting for a decision. Really it's totally unacceptable. I know may who applied for the children after us and got approved.

Ali112
Ireland

Post by Ali112 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:07 pm

I known its insane and unacceptable! This system is becoming pain for many of us !!

I am a single dad my and i have applied for my son October 2019 and still waiting! I am naturalized Irish citizen and same as my ex ! The case of my son was straight forward But the department had messed it up asking same documents like 10 times! It seems the have no believe as my son was actually born in Ireland!

They have have me soooo much stressed that i was on anti depressant! Because my son holds a passport which he can’t renew once expired because myself and my ex are Irish citizen and my son holds a passport of my ex wife ‘s country which she is no longer citizen!

I have been to many TDs they just bulshit but i have gave them hard time not sure which area you are from but get your local TD not to just asked parliamentary questions but to give tough time to ministers on this issue

Or worse case contact a solicitor for JR ! I know it cost money which technically we shouldn’t be !!

I am going on Hunger strike next week if nothing works out and in front of parliment ! Let the media knows the reality of this department who are messing with many many lives

Emu1990
Ireland

Post by Emu1990 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:53 pm

Ali112 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:07 pm
I known its insane and unacceptable! This system is becoming pain for many of us !!

I am a single dad my and i have applied for my son October 2019 and still waiting! I am naturalized Irish citizen and same as my ex ! The case of my son was straight forward But the department had messed it up asking same documents like 10 times! It seems the have no believe as my son was actually born in Ireland!

They have have me soooo much stressed that i was on anti depressant! Because my son holds a passport which he can’t renew once expired because myself and my ex are Irish citizen and my son holds a passport of my ex wife ‘s country which she is no longer citizen!

I have been to many TDs they just bulshit but i have gave them hard time not sure which area you are from but get your local TD not to just asked parliamentary questions but to give tough time to ministers on this issue

Or worse case contact a solicitor for JR ! I know it cost money which technically we shouldn’t be !!

I am going on Hunger strike next week if nothing works out and in front of parliment ! Let the media knows the reality of this department who are messing with many many lives

I know it's frustrating 😒 😑.. I am also waiting from November 2018 .. but we can't do anything but wait ..