ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship granted with ceremony December

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Harley06
San Marino

Citizenship granted with ceremony December

Post by Harley06 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:44 am

Hi guys,

I was wondering something. my friend who has no access to this website received his citizenship approval this week but instead of fidelity, they are calling him to the ceremony in December.

I guess they are starting again with the ceremony but I was wondering something. I know that before everyone had to send back their IRP with fidelity but does he do the same with the ceremony? I guess he does not need to send it back but I just wanted to make sure.

Thank you in advance

tejinderss
Newly Registered
Austria

Re: Citizenship granted with ceremony December

Post by tejinderss » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:18 am

When did he apply ?

Harley06
San Marino

Post by Harley06 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:23 am

sorry forgot to put his timelines:

Applied: April 2020
Second Letter: March 2021
Approved: November 2021

Moh25ah
Ireland

Post by Moh25ah » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:09 pm

I know 2 people received their approval today, they have been invited to a ceremony on 13/12

They both applied: October 2017

So It looks like the fidelity forms are from the past ... The Ceremonies are back

tejinderss
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by tejinderss » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:12 pm

Great to know, hopefully we will have more approvals in coming days

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:53 pm

I am wondering in the old ceremony times if people were bringing GNIB with themselves to the ceremony or sending to INIS directly??

maguis
Brazil

Post by maguis » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:03 pm

Harley06 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:44 am
Hi guys,

I was wondering something. my friend who has no access to this website received his citizenship approval this week but instead of fidelity, they are calling him to the ceremony in December.

I guess they are starting again with the ceremony but I was wondering something. I know that before everyone had to send back their IRP with fidelity but does he do the same with the ceremony? I guess he does not need to send it back but I just wanted to make sure.

Thank you in advance
Do you have more details on the documents they are asking to be sent in advance of the ceremony? I got an email saying my application was approved (after applying for a FOI) and that I should get the approval letter soon but I want to ensure I have all documents ready. thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:09 am

maguis wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:03 pm
Do you have more details on the documents they are asking to be sent in advance of the ceremony? I got an email saying my application was approved (after applying for a FOI) and that I should get the approval letter soon but I want to ensure I have all documents ready. thanks
No documents are requested to be sent at the moment. You simply upload a photo and pay the fee online.

I guess they will have to ask for your IRP card at some stage, maybe on the day of naturalisation. We don’t know yet.

tejinderss
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by tejinderss » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:35 am

maguis wrote:
Harley06 wrote:
Hi guys,

Thank you in advance
Hey when did u apply for FOi? I applied on 2nd Nov and nothing yet

maguis
Brazil

Post by maguis » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:17 am

tejinderss wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:35 am
maguis wrote:
Harley06 wrote:
Hi guys,

Thank you in advance
Hi! I applied in October 18th and got the email saying my application was approved and asking if I wanted to move ahead with the FOI or not in Nov 12th.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:38 am

maguis wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:17 am
tejinderss wrote:
maguis wrote:
Harley06 wrote:
Hi guys,

Thank you in advance
Hi! I applied in October 18th and got the email saying my application was approved and asking if I wanted to move ahead with the FOI or not in Nov 12th.
I can see you've posted the same thing on some threads. You need to calm down. You have been informed that your application has been approved, that's good news. Now wait till you receive your decision letter where you will be asked to pay the fees.

tejinderss
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by tejinderss » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:50 am

maguis wrote:
tejinderss wrote:
maguis wrote:
Harley06 wrote:
Hi guys,

Thank you in advance
Thanks for your reply. I am quite hopeful now I will wait for couple of weeks for FOI response. The last email from team 2 told me that my application has been submitted to minister. I applied in Jan 2020

maguis
Brazil

Post by maguis » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:14 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:38 am
maguis wrote:
tejinderss wrote:
maguis wrote:
Harley06 wrote:
Hi guys,

Thank you in advance
I can see you've posted the same thing on some threads. You need to calm down. You have been informed that your application has been approved, that's good news. Now wait till you receive your decision letter where you will be asked to pay the fees.
Is the suggestion to calm down directly to me? I couldn't say with so many replies. If so, I thank you but politely reject the suggestion and will continue to try to find the answers I am looking for in multiple forums and threads. Every person is dealing with a unique situation and what seems to be a simple / non-stressful situation for one person might be a very delicate for other person. In my case, just for context, I am dealing with a best friend in critical care outside of Ireland and a family member that just got the news of a non-curable cancer, so all this info is paramount for the way I am planning to organize my care duties.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:18 pm

maguis wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:14 pm
johnpromise01 wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:38 am
maguis wrote:
tejinderss wrote:
maguis wrote:
Harley06 wrote:
Hi guys,

Thank you in advance
Is the suggestion to calm down directly to me? I couldn't say with so many replies. If so, I thank you but politely reject the suggestion and will continue to try to find the answers I am looking for in multiple forums and threads. Every person is dealing with a unique situation and what seems to be a simple / non-stressful situation for one person might be a very delicate for other person. In my case, just for context, I am dealing with a best friend in critical care outside of Ireland and a family member that just got the news of a non-curable cancer, so all this info is paramount for the way I am planning to organize my care duties.
No hard feeling, i'm just trying to call your attention to reduce posting the same content in different threads before admin/moderator call you out. Nothing personal.

maguis
Brazil

Post by maguis » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:35 pm

no worries, just wanted to provide context. I didn't know that posting the same question on different treads would be a problem, thanks for the heads up.

tejinderss
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by tejinderss » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:30 pm

maguis wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:35 pm
no worries, just wanted to provide context. I didn't know that posting the same question on different treads would be a problem, thanks for the heads up.
Hi maguis, do you mind telling which Team sent you the last "has been submitted to the Minister" email and when? Thanks in advance

pluto1992
Ireland

Post by pluto1992 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:31 pm

I have received my approval ... finally! Ceremony date is suggested to be on the 13th December. I should be happy but I am not because of the stress that this process has caused. In the end, it took a solicitor who charged crazy money for a letter, which finally resolved all the 'broad range of reasons', 'continues to be processed', 'as expeditiously as possible' cr$p to stop and basically someone to look at my file and see that this is straightforward case and shouldnt have taken years.

tejinderss
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by tejinderss » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:34 pm

pluto1992 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:31 pm
I have received my approval ... finally! Ceremony date is suggested to be on the 13th December. I should be happy but I am not because of the stress that this process has caused. In the end, it took a solicitor who charged crazy money for a letter, which finally resolved all the 'broad range of reasons', 'continues to be processed', 'as expeditiously as possible' cr$p to stop and basically someone to look at my file and see that this is straightforward case and shouldnt have taken years.
Congrats, do you mind sharing your timeline and how much solictor costs for sending a letter ?

tejinderss
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by tejinderss » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:34 pm

pluto1992 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:31 pm
Congrats, do you mind sharing your timeline and how much solictor costs for sending a letter ?

maguis
Brazil

Post by maguis » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:38 pm

tejinderss wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:30 pm
maguis wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:35 pm
Hi maguis, do you mind telling which Team sent you the last "has been submitted to the Minister" email and when? Thanks in advance
It came from "Team 4" in September 20 as a reply from an email I sent in July asking for any updates.

pluto1992
Ireland

Post by pluto1992 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:47 pm

tejinderss wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:34 pm
Thanks. Applied in April 2018, second stage letter in May 2018 based on 5 year non-EU Stamp 1 and Stamp 4
I had applied for FOI in June 2021. Took 8 weeks. Passed the document to my solicitor who promptly sent a letter to the Department in end of August, stating that her client is entitled for a decision (positive or negative) and that the delay in processing has been unjustifiably long. She took 600 euros for initial consultation and the letter. The department responded quickly asking for 12 weeks. Funny how they are sure about the number of weeks it would take whereas normally they insult your intelligence by saying they dont know how long it will take. Anyway I got the e-vetting invite in October and Approval today. Hope it helps.

tejinderss
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by tejinderss » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:51 pm

pluto1992 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:47 pm
tejinderss wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:34 pm
Thanks. Applied in April 2018, second stage letter in May 2018 based on 5 year non-EU Stamp 1 and Stamp 4
I had applied for FOI in June 2021. Took 8 weeks. Passed the document to my solicitor who promptly sent a letter to the Department in end of August, stating that her client is entitled for a decision (positive or negative) and that the delay in processing has been unjustifiably long. She took 600 euros for initial consultation and the letter. The department responded quickly asking for 12 weeks. Funny how they are sure about the number of weeks it would take whereas normally they insult your intelligence by saying they dont know how long it will take. Anyway I got the e-vetting invite in October and Approval today. Hope it helps.
Sorry, one more question. What did they say about the status of the application before FOI?

pluto1992
Ireland

Post by pluto1992 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:57 pm

tejinderss wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:51 pm
Sorry, one more question. What did they say about the status of the application before FOI?
Just standard template responses, 'continues to be processed', then they started saying 'advanced stage of processing' then they actually went back to 'continues to be processed' and for broad range of reasons etc. Then they added the COVID bit in the template. But all these years there was nothing done on my application except for Garda vetting ... twice.

tejinderss
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by tejinderss » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:39 am

Domrep2011
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by Domrep2011 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:02 pm

Im having an issue completing Inis online registration in order to pay 950 fee. I live in north , so have uk residency card . My Dominican passport has expired and I am still waiting for a new one . Is there any other way to pay the fee ?