ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent's Application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Faqasim
Jordan

Dependent's Application

Post by Faqasim » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:28 pm

Hello all,

A person is on student visa (master program for more than a year).

The CAS specifies that the program started in Sept 2020, and ends in Sept 2021, and I was granted a leave to remain for that period plus 4 months, which means the visa is to expire in Jan 2022.

The person recently got married, master program is almost ending, but I got 4 extra months in my visa.

1. Can this person apply for his wife to join him in the UK as a dependent? Or is it too late?

This person also planning to switch to Graduate visa, and graduate visa doesn't allow to add "new" dependants. So it is essential that he gets his wife as dependent on the student visa.

2. Should he indicate in the wife's visa application that he intends to switch to the graduate visa? as an explanation of why his wife joining him that late?

Please advise.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Dependent's Application

Post by sah10406 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:07 pm

Faqasim wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:28 pm
1. Can this person apply for his wife to join him in the UK as a dependent? Or is it too late?
Too late? Where are you reading that there is a deadline?
Faqasim wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:28 pm
2. Should he indicate in the wife's visa application that he intends to switch to the graduate visa? as an explanation of why his wife joining him that late?
No, there is no need or opportunity to do so. You are over-thinking.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Faqasim
Jordan

Post by Faqasim » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:04 pm

I haven't read that anywhere, but I was wondering as my program is coming to an end.

Thank you for the clarification.

Best,

Faqasim
Jordan

Post by Faqasim » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:31 pm

Actually, filling the application, whenever you enter the start and the end dates, it is asking me to put an end date for the course that is in the future, however the CAS states that the end date was in Sept.

Should I the BRP expiry date, and clarify it in the cover letter ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:26 am

Faqasim wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:31 pm
it is asking me to put an end date for the course that is in the future, however the CAS states that the end date was in Sept.
This cannot be right. What does the question say exactly?
Faqasim wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:31 pm
Should I the BRP expiry date, and clarify it in the cover letter ?
Cover letters are not used or needed for UK immigration applications, and the application specifically instructs you to not add extra or irrelevant documents. At best it is a waste of your time, at worst it will delay your application by bogging it down with unnecessary documents that the caseworker still needs to plough through.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Faqasim
Jordan

Post by Faqasim » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:37 am

Course Start Date, and Course End Date fields.
If you fill the course end date with a date in the past, it asks you for a date in the future.

However, the BRP is still valid until Jan 2022.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:45 am

Faqasim wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:37 am
Course Start Date, and Course End Date fields.
If you fill the course end date with a date in the past, it asks you for a date in the future.
This seems like a question from the Student application form, not the Student dependant application form.

Faqasim
Jordan

Post by Faqasim » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:54 am

It is not. It is from the student's dependent application.

https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... 1610022767

##
Beside that, you don't believe that the program has ended is relative to the dependent visa, correct? His wife can apply and get the visa granted even if his visa has 3 or 4 months left before it expires.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:41 pm

Faqasim wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:54 am
Beside that, you don't believe that the program has ended is relative to the dependent visa, correct? His wife can apply and get the visa granted even if his visa has 3 or 4 months left before it expires.
Yes, which is why this question does not make sense.

It is very common for someone to make a last-minute Student dependant application, especially now that only those with Student dependant permission can switch to being a Graduate route dependant. Yet I have not come across anyone else with this problem. I would recommend getting advice from international student adviser at the student's university.

Faqasim
Jordan

Post by Faqasim » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:22 am

For IHS surcharge, the website has calculated the surcharge to be 0 USD as the husband visa expires within less than 6 months. and an IHS reference was generated for her. Would that be ok? Or would that cause any problems since the fee is 0 USD ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:22 am

Faqasim wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:22 am
Would that be ok? Or would that cause any problems since the fee is 0 USD ?
What kind of problem are you concerned about?

The only problem would be that they are not covered for hospital fees, so they would be liable to pay for any treatment. It would be wise to get health insurance.