ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student dependent to skilled worker visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gihanp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Student dependent to skilled worker visa

Post by gihanp » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:49 pm

Can the student dependent or the dependent of a PSW visa holder (graduate route) change her visa to Tier 2 skilled work visa ( Tier 2 General work visa) without leaving the UK ?

If the above is possible,
Can the student or the PSW visa holder become a dependent of the Tier 2 skilled work visa holder without leaving the UK?

"I will be travelling to UK with my wife and child. I'll be a student and wife and child will be the dependents. My wife is a skilled worker in a field which has a high demand in the UK. Therefore, I'm expecting that my wife will be able to get a job offer with a sponsorship while I'm studying or during my PSW period. Just wanted to know whether we all can continue to remain in the UK if she gets the job offer with the sponsorship, without having to come back to the home country to re-apply"

ywlgy

Re: Student dependent to skilled worker visa

Post by ywlgy » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:18 pm

Yes and yes, before visa expiry of course

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Student dependent to skilled worker visa

Post by sah10406 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:28 am

You just need to check Appendix Skilled worker for what are the rules about that.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... led-worker
gihanp wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:49 pm
Can the student dependent or the dependent of a PSW visa holder (graduate route) change her visa to Tier 2 skilled work visa ( Tier 2 General work visa) without leaving the UK ?
See paragraph SW 1.5
gihanp wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:49 pm
Can the student or the PSW visa holder become a dependent of the Tier 2 skilled work visa holder without leaving the UK?
See paragraph SW 26.4
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.