ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS and National Insurance number required?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Enrico
Newly Registered
India

NHS and National Insurance number required?

Post by Enrico » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:22 am

Hello,

I have completed my A Levels and Undergraduate degree in the UK and intend to pursue my Postgraduate degree in the coming year (Jan 2022 intake), I'm in the process of applying for my UK student visa, as I was filling in my form; there was a section that asked if I have a National Insurance and NHS number. I have both, however have not used them during my study time in the UK. My National insurance has a mistake in my name (my last name is my first name and vice versa- this was because there was a mistake in my old passport which is now amended but I hadn't gotten a chance to change it) and as for NHS, I haven't used the medical facilities hence, do not need the feel to emphasis it. Having said that, I would appreciate your insight regarding this matter. Since, I have an academic background in the UK, I don't want to make things complicated as they are.

Thank you!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: NHS and National Insurance number required?

Post by sah10406 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:37 am

Enrico wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:22 am
there was a section that asked if I have a National Insurance and NHS number. I have both
Hence the answer to both questions is "Yes".

Answering "No" would be a lie. Given that you appear to be thinking that it would be best to lie about this matter, I would strongly urge you to get proper advice on your application from the international student adviser at your university.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.