ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker / Health care visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vic2050
Newly Registered
India

TIER 2 VISA / SKILLED WORKER VISA EXTENSION TIMELINE

Post by vic2050 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:15 pm

Hi,

I am going to complete 3 years on a tier 2 visa in 6 months time
I have asked my employer for an extension
what is the timeline for applying for an extension is it the same as within 3 months before expiry as before or has the timeline changed in the new rules

Thanks

Vignesh

ywlgy

Re: TIER 2 VISA / SKILLED WORKER VISA EXTENSION TIMELINE

Post by ywlgy » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:01 pm

Your employer will put the day after your current visa expiry as work start date on your CoS. You can at the earliest apply for the extension 3 months before work start date.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

vic2050
Newly Registered
India

Post by vic2050 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:43 pm

Just one more question
Is proof of English language required for SKILLED WORKER visa extension if you are with the same employer; in case if needed can I use same Naric certificate I used in 2019, 3 years back?

Thanks

ywlgy

Post by ywlgy » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:08 pm

vic2050 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:43 pm
Just one more question
Is proof of English language required for SKILLED WORKER visa extension if you are with the same employer; in case if needed can I use same Naric certificate I used in 2019, 3 years back?

Thanks
It is not required because you have met the requirement in a previous successful application.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

vic2050
Newly Registered
India

Post by vic2050 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:44 pm

Thanks for your reply

I have one more question regarding filling the application for tier 2 extension
There is a question how long you have been in the UK immediately after the question what is the most recent date of entry into the UK
I am on a tier 2 visa since 2019, I have been before In 2016 under tier5 visa for a year
so should I include the number of years spent under tier 5 for the question for time spent in the UK or just the time under tier 2 visa.

Thanks

ywlgy

Post by ywlgy » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:30 pm

Count from 2019

vic2050
Newly Registered
India

Post by vic2050 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:54 pm

I am in the process of extending my skilled worker visa
I am being sponsored by an NHS trust, is there anything usually mentioned in the Cos that specifies its a health care visa or just the shortage occupation code is enough to specify that
and also s the link to apply for the visa application online is it the same for skilled worker visa and health care application visa

Thanks

Vignesh

vic2050
Newly Registered
India

Skilled worker / Health care visa

Post by vic2050 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:13 pm

I am being sponsored by an NHS trust,
1)Is there anything usually mentioned in the Cos that specifies it's a health care visa or just the shortage occupation code(Mine is 2211) is enough to specify that?
2)and also Is the link to apply for the visa application online is it the same for skilled worker visa and health care application visa

Thanks

ywlgy

Re: Skilled worker / Health care visa

Post by ywlgy » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:19 pm

vic2050 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:13 pm
I am being sponsored by an NHS trust,
1)Is there anything usually mentioned in the Cos that specifies it's a health care visa or just the shortage occupation code(Mine is 2211) is enough to specify that?
2)and also Is the link to apply for the visa application online is it the same for skilled worker visa and health care application visa

Thanks
5. The employer will be required to include a brief explanation in the Certificate of Sponsorship setting out how the employee meets the Health and Care Visa eligibility requirement set out in paragraphs 2 and 3. The employer will also be responsible for informing the applicant they are eligible for the Health and Care Visa so the applicant can correctly complete the visa application form. Where an employer is an organisation that provides services commissioned by the NHS, evidence of the contract arrangements with the NHS may need to be provided to UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) as proof that applicants are eligible to apply for a Health and Care Visa.
2. Same

vic2050
Newly Registered
India

Post by vic2050 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:13 pm

Paragraph 2.quotes about the employer :The Health and Care Visa is available to the following individuals:

A person applying under the Skilled Worker route for Entry Clearance or Leave to Remain; and,
A person taking up a job in one of the occupations specified within the list of Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) codes set out in paragraph 3; and,
A person who will be employed or engaged by:
i. An NHS Foundation Trust in England, an NHS Trust in England, the Care Quality Commission, Health Education England, Health Research Authority, Human Fertilization and Embryology Authority, Human Tissue Authority, Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, National Institute for Health and Care Excellence, NHS Blood and Transplant, NHS Business Services Authority, NHS Digital (the Health and Social Care Information Centre), NHS England (the NHS Commissioning Board), NHS Improvement (Monitor and the NHS Trust Development Authority, NHS Resolution (the NHS Litigation Authority or Public Health England, a Local Authority or Clinical Commissioning Group;

Paragraph 3 is the SOC . The Health and Care Visa will apply to the following list of Standard Occupational Classification codes:

So if both are mentioned in the Cos does it mean I am eligible for Health Care Visa?
There s also a brief description of my duties in the NHS trust in the Cos
So is that enough ?

vic2050
Newly Registered
India

Post by vic2050 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:38 pm

If in doubt can I just apply for the usual Skilled worker route or its mandatory for people sponsored by NHS to apply through Health care visa route ?.

Thanks

ywlgy

Post by ywlgy » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:40 pm

As said above, your employer should tell you if you are eligible. Why don't you ask them directly?

Health and care is just a subcategory of Skilled worker. They use the same application form. There will be a simple yes/no question asking if you are eligible for health and care and the answer will change the following questions and fees to pay.

mhineyours
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by mhineyours » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:56 pm

Hi
I applied in update my skilled worker visa instead of extend my visa. I have been working with same employer for almost 3 yrs and is due to extend my visa. But when I applied in ukgov, i clicked the update my visa and then they sent an email after payment that I need to go to UKVCAS for biometrics. Is this still ok? I am applying same time with my dependents as well and my current visa is going to expire 14 of april

ywlgy

Post by ywlgy » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:17 pm

mhineyours wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:56 pm
Hi
I applied in update my skilled worker visa instead of extend my visa. I have been working with same employer for almost 3 yrs and is due to extend my visa. But when I applied in ukgov, i clicked the update my visa and then they sent an email after payment that I need to go to UKVCAS for biometrics. Is this still ok? I am applying same time with my dependents as well and my current visa is going to expire 14 of april
That's fine. If you have dependant children applying with you, the system will not allow you to use the app, but only let you go with the traditional way.