ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa free travel with refugee travel document

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gstarr44
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Visa free travel with refugee travel document

Post by gstarr44 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:56 am

Hi

I hope i am posting this in the right place and if not apologies in advance. I am a Zimbabwean and I currently hold a UK refugee travel document and I was looking to travel to South Africa for the xmas holidays but i'm not sure if I need a visa or not.
Looking at their website it appears I don't but i don't want to get there and end up getting denied entry so my question is does anyone know if we need a visa or is that issued on arrival?

Thanks

Longazz33
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Re: Visa free travel with refugee travel document

Post by Longazz33 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:04 pm

you will definitely need a visa to travel to South Africa. The process is simple and you need to make an appointment at the South African embassy and take your application for a visa there. You will need to show you can afford your trip, bank statements , accommodation etc but its very straight forward. You cannot get on the plane without a visa

gstarr44
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Re: Visa free travel with refugee travel document

Post by gstarr44 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:01 pm

Thanks, called SA embassy and they advised their visas are now processed through this company called VFS Global which is a nightmare to deal with because they have no available appointments in London or Manchester so I have to travel all the way from the south coast of England to Edinburgh just to apply for a visa.