ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply Dependents Visa Application for lesser duration?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vijay1980
Newly Registered
India

Can I apply Dependents Visa Application for lesser duration?

Post by Vijay1980 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:15 pm

Hello,
Currently we are in UK, and I got a new CoS from new company , but I have to self sponsor my application cost.
My CoS is for 5 years and I want to apply for 5 year visa, but I do not have fund to pay for 5 year visa fee for my dependents. Can I apply for 5 visa for self and apply 1 year visa for me dependents...as when I fill the application I was not able to select separate duration for dependents.
Please suggest if there is option as I don't have enough funds now and employer won't support financially.

Thanks

ywlgy

Re: Can I apply Dependents Visa Application for lesser duration?

Post by ywlgy » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:50 pm

No, the duration will be the same as the lead applicant. Your option is to ask employer to re-issue CoS with shorter duration (or add sponsor note to change work end date, ask employer to check with Home office whether this is allowed) or apply for a loan.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

Vijay1980
Newly Registered
India

Re: Can I apply Dependents Visa Application for lesser duration?

Post by Vijay1980 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:32 am

Thank you So much for the clarification, it really helps.