ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother's settlement visa refused from Islamabad

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tanvir1611
Newly Registered

Mother's settlement visa refused from Islamabad

Post by tanvir1611 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:13 am

Dear All,

I applied for my mothers settlement visa few months ago. She has already visited us 6 times in last 5 years on visit visas. My father died in Feb. and we thoght to apply settlement visa. she is 68, widow and have no one to live with her at the moment. I live in UK from last 10 years, work full time, own two houses, have more than 20K in savings and got ILR. They refused visa on three reasons
1- Sponsor letter is not original
2- Form B is not original
3- she could not prove that she is my mother.

I was so shocked to see these reasons as they did not read all papers provided by me.

1- I sent them original sponsor letter. It was printed black, my signatures are also black and stamp of solicitor is also black. I wonder this is the reason they assused it is photocopy and not original. But any one can guess by looking carefully that it is not photocopy but original.

2- our original form b was in Urdu, so we translated in English and it is certified by solicitor that it is the true copy. To make it more authentic, I attached ID cards of all of my family, just to prove that all names and date of births written in form B are orginal.

3- I gave them my deceased father orginal passport, and my passport where it says my fathers name. In my mothers passport, it says wife of. So it was quite clear from passports that she is my mother. Also form B proves that she is my mother. What else they need? would they expect to provide a DNA test or what???

I am so upset and dont know what to do now. They gave us 28 days to appeal, but what other documents i could produce as every thing we already provided is authentic and original.

Please help

Tanvir

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:09 pm

I dont think you have to provide any further evidence.Just complete the appeals form stating reasons you have given, and ask them to look at case again.

I think they have either cocked up, or the VAF centre (Fedex) have forwarded the BHC copies instead of originals.

I find it difficult that they have given these reasons as refusals.

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:00 pm

how about a DNA test certificate proving 100% that she is your mother?

Alishah

DNA will help

Post by Alishah » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:16 pm

One of my friend who moved to UK long time ago got same problem while he was to bring his family and depandant from Lahore, he apeal and they asked to provide DNA test report and finally that solved the problem.

But I am not sure coz BHC is not constant in their openion, they may argue on some documents and other case give visa on same type of documents.

But it is worth to apeal and see what they ask.

Bye
Ali
Knowledge speaks and wisdom listen

Alishah

Can I opt the same

Post by Alishah » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:17 pm

I am on Five year work permit and has got permanant job, I am in UK since July 2008, can I apply for my mother`s visa?

Bye
Ali

djb123
Member of Standing

Re: Can I opt the same

Post by djb123 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:44 am

Alishah wrote:I am on Five year work permit and has got permanant job, I am in UK since July 2008, can I apply for my mother`s visa?

Bye
Ali
What type of visa? If you mean visit (ie up to 6 months) then yes. If you mean permanently then no, I don't think it's possible until you get ILR.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:09 am

djb123 wrote:
Alishah wrote:I am on Five year work permit and has got permanant job, I am in UK since July 2008, can I apply for my mother`s visa?

Bye
Ali
What type of visa? If you mean visit (ie up to 6 months) then yes. If you mean permanently then no, I don't think it's possible until you get ILR.
Correct, u'll have to wait for ILR in five years time based on current rules.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:30 pm

Can my other dependants join me in the UK? wrote:As a special condition outside the Immigration Rules, children over the age of 18 and dependent parents can join you if:

* you have been posted to the UK branch of your employer's company by your employer, and
* the person applying:
o is genuinely dependent on you
o is, and will continue to be, part of the family unit, and
o will not stay in the UK after your stay has ended.

MEWP and SBS applicants cannot bring their dependants with them to the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Alishah

Post by Alishah » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:39 pm

Thank you Vinny and Wanderer.

I am on five year work permit and I wanted to call my mother or if expend more to sibling for visit and live with me for month or two.

What would be the requirement to sponcer their visit? I mean what I need to show that I am financially well and has rented flat (2 BR) in which I am only living.

Hope you wount mind answering.

Thanks again.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:21 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Diva
Newly Registered

Post by Diva » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:14 pm

Tanvir-in regards to Form B being in Urdu (original) and you having an english translated one-if you are appealing take both the original in urdu and the translated one. Out of curiousity was the translated one stamped etc to confirm it was a true translation from England or the UK?

Second quick point-I know you've said you've included passports/copies of them to varify who your mum is. Do you have a copy of your parents Nikaahnama? It would state all the details on their too. Plus it can be submitted with a english translation.

Before I forget, you've mentioned that your mum has visited you 6 times in 5 years-I am guessing she would have visited on the grounds she is family. So surely this is something to highlight too as she has previously been granted visas on the grounds she is your mother.

Alishah

Post by Alishah » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:00 pm

Thank you very much Vinny.

Bye
Ali