ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion on naturalization applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TerryGH
Chile

Re: General discussion on naturalization applications

Post by TerryGH » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:39 pm

Markus2904 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:54 pm
TerryGH wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:50 pm
Markus2904 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:27 pm
faizanminhas2012 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:30 am
Hi Marcus 2904
Just to let you know I received approval email today.
It took 5 month and 24 days
Good luck for you.
Thanks... funnily enough I received my email today.... :D :D

Over the moon...
Congrats to both!
You applied 3 weeks before me, so it gives me hope that I can receive the decision in 2021.
Thanks. I actually got 2 emails with the exact same wording... lol :D
I wanted to say that one of those 2 emails you could share with me, but I actually just received my own email. So they send them not only on Mondays.

faizanminhas2012
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by faizanminhas2012 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:11 pm

Congratulations see you in passport line

mrafgsharoon

Post by mrafgsharoon » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:12 pm

Hello dear friends
My final update
Luckily i have got my approval today
My long journey has came to an end 😪 after 4 years and 4 months wait
This form was very helpful for all of us
Finger crossed now .

Application Date 25-july-2017
Approval date 15-11-2021
Application type ( JCAP )
My Application for the passport was withdrawn due to long HO checks

Hasan1983
Sudan

Post by Hasan1983 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:11 pm

mrafgsharoon wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:12 pm
Hello dear friends
My final update
Finger crossed now .

Approval date 15-11-2021
Congratulations, I am very delighted that you eventually got your BC application approved.

mrafgsharoon

Post by mrafgsharoon » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:40 pm

Thanks Hassan1983
It was a long wait bro
Hope everyone gets their approvals soon
My approval post letter says

Although you have applied under the JACAP route
We have since been informed that HMPO have withdrawn your passport application while we were undertaking further checks

If you still wish you have a British passport after
Attending ceremony you will need to contact HMPO directly for further information .

techy142
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by techy142 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:55 am

mrafgsharoon wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:12 pm
Hello dear friends
My final update
Finger crossed now .

Approval date 15-11-2021
Many congrats. Wow, that was long wait. I hope the decisions make it worth its while. All the best :)

Markus2904
Mood:

Post by Markus2904 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:23 am

Congratulations everyone in here that got their approval...

I was contacted by my local council but was told that the ceremony is done online. I understand Covid restrictions but is part of the fees not for the ceremony itself?

Just a little bit annoyed if I am being honest....

DrAhmad
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by DrAhmad » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:33 am

Hello all,

I applied for the UK naturalisation on 23/06/2021. After terrible waiting, I received an email from my local council at 1535 hrs (19/11/2021) inviting me to book a private ceremony as the group ceremonies weren't available due to covid-19 restriction. I will have to wait till Monday 22/11/2021 to speak to the local council about booking a private ceremony.

My concern is that I haven't received any communication (approval email or ceremony invitation) from the home office yet.

Although the email from the local council indicates that my naturalisation application has been approved I believe the ceremony invitation letter from the home office is a required document to attend the citizenship ceremony.

Could anyone advise that if the ceremony invitation letter from the home office is a compulsory document to attend the citizenship ceremony?

Can I still book/attend the ceremony if I don't receive the ceremony invitation letter or email from the home office?

Best Regards

Markus2904
Mood:

Post by Markus2904 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:32 pm

DrAhmad wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:33 am
Hello all,

I applied for the UK naturalisation on 23/06/2021. After terrible waiting, I received an email from my local council at 1535 hrs (19/11/2021) inviting me to book a private ceremony as the group ceremonies weren't available due to covid-19 restriction. I will have to wait till Monday 22/11/2021 to speak to the local council about booking a private ceremony.

My concern is that I haven't received any communication (approval email or ceremony invitation) from the home office yet.

Although the email from the local council indicates that my naturalisation application has been approved I believe the ceremony invitation letter from the home office is a required document to attend the citizenship ceremony.

Could anyone advise that if the ceremony invitation letter from the home office is a compulsory document to attend the citizenship ceremony?

Can I still book/attend the ceremony if I don't receive the ceremony invitation letter or email from the home office?

Best Regards
Have you checked your spam folder? Give them a buzz...?!

YOLO123
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by YOLO123 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:47 pm

It is of no use. UKVI will give you a generic response along the lines of "Please up to 4 weeks from when you receive the approval email before contacting us".

To give you a sense of what is happening, this is an email I recieved today:

Dear (YOLO123),

Your certificate was not in this latest batch of certificates that we have received.

We have become aware that the Home Office sent out in error some approval emails that shouldn't have been sent out ... we have had other citizens enquiring who have had the same email as you.

We cannot book you a ceremony until we have the certificate and ... have up to 6 months in which to attend a ceremony.

Even if your certificate arrived in next week's batch, those certificates would be booked onto a ceremony on the 15th of December.

Kind Regards

(Registar Office employee)

DrAhmad
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by DrAhmad » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:20 pm

Markus2904 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:32 pm
DrAhmad wrote:
Hello all,

Best Regards
Hi,
I received my approval and invitation email at 835 AM this morning. I booked a private ceremony with my local council right away and had it done. Strangely council wasn't interested in looking at my ID and approval email.

fepute
Newly Registered

Post by fepute » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:09 pm

Are the approval emails sent out on Monday's only?

Hasan1983
Sudan

Post by Hasan1983 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:53 am

fepute wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:09 pm
Are the approval emails sent out on Monday's only?
As far as I know, they are not confined to specific week days. However due to Covid-19 restrictions caseworkers are likely working from home( weekends) that is why an influx of applications desicions sent on Mondays.

prs
BANNED

Post by prs » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:44 am

DrAhmad wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:20 pm
Markus2904 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:32 pm
DrAhmad wrote:
Hello all,

Best Regards
Hi,
I received my approval and invitation email at 835 AM this morning. I booked a private ceremony with my local council right away and had it done. Strangely council wasn't interested in looking at my ID and approval email.
of course not.These cooperations are only interested in the money. Especially the local councils.

Aerotony
Mood:
China

Post by Aerotony » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:37 pm

Received a reply from UKVI:

As part of the application process, UKVI routinely conduct enquiries with other government departments and external agencies. The extent and length of time taken to complete these varies according to the particular circumstances of each application. In some instances, these have to be pursued at length.

Each application is unique and is considered on its own merits and the supporting documentation provided therefore we are unable to compare the processing times of one application to another... one of our case workers will contact you within the next eight weeks. Please accept my apologies that we didn’t communicate this information to you sooner.

So still need to wait for 8 weeks tho. Classic

prs
BANNED

Post by prs » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:31 pm

Aerotony wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:37 pm

As part of the application process, UKVI routinely conduct enquiries with other government departments and external agencies. The extent and length of time taken to complete these varies according to the particular circumstances of each application. In some instances, these have to be pursued at length.

Each application is unique and is considered on its own merits and the supporting documentation provided therefore we are unable to compare the processing times of one application to another... one of our case workers will contact you within the next eight weeks. Please accept my apologies that we didn’t communicate this information to you sooner.

I really hope they stick to their words and you hear back from them within 8 weeks or sooner.

But do not keep your hopes up. I've seen many people on here that had the same email with the "8 weeks" timeline but never heard back anything for months!!

And when they contacted the HO again, they were either ignored or received another generic reply!

One good thing that I see in their reply to you is the fact that they are now 'apologising'!! So the dummies and robots in HO are being taught to be polite now which is a step in the right direction.

Every time I had the displeasure of contacting HO, the person that replied was so robotic and rude!!

rbv79
Newly Registered

Post by rbv79 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:52 pm

...for the money they are taking they should do more...so easy in this age of information to create a dashboard to show the application status, so thus to manage applicants expectations better and make their (HO) life easier. If one sees where his application is (backlog, in evaluation, decision pending, etc) the number of people writing emails, calling, etc will be way smaller. But I guess they have a sort of a "internal guidelines" as it is quite obvious that some applications are done faster than others and no queue is followed.

Anyway if they will not make this process more transparent I guess this state of ambiguity will continue and those enormous fees will not be ever justifiable.

Aerotony
Mood:
China

Post by Aerotony » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:23 pm

prs wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:31 pm
Aerotony wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:37 pm

I really hope they stick to their words and you hear back from them within 8 weeks or sooner.

But do not keep your hopes up. I've seen many people on here that had the same email with the "8 weeks" timeline but never heard back anything for months!!

And when they contacted the HO again, they were either ignored or received another generic reply!

One good thing that I see in their reply to you is the fact that they are now 'apologising'!! So the dummies and robots in HO are being taught to be polite now which is a step in the right direction.

Every time I had the displeasure of contacting HO, the person that replied was so robotic and rude!!
Yes I agree with you... I remember the caseworker told an applicant his/her case will be decided within two weeks. However he/she waited for two months until approval. I don't believe them but can only hope the best.

themisc
Newly Registered

Post by themisc » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:27 pm

11 months of waiting.
MP contacted them too, nothing yet.

Guzz
Newly Registered

Post by Guzz » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:44 pm

Hello everyone, I’m looking for some advice, my 6 months is due to be up next weekend and I’ve not heard anything back; do you think I should contact HO or wait until the deadline passes before doing so?

I highly doubt I will hear anything back before next weekend and, it’s just frustrating since I know for a fact that I won’t hear before February earliest now (taking the Christmas break then the January “christmas backlog” etc. etc.) :cry:

daku
Albania

Post by daku » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:04 am

Been waiting since August. People have applied in October and been approved. Don't get the logic

Vin82
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vin82 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:23 pm

Got this mail from Atlas:
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

We expect to make a decision on your application by date, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

What does that mean ? How much more delay expected?

Vin82
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vin82 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:23 pm

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

We expect to make a decision on your application by date, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

prs
BANNED

Post by prs » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:50 pm

Vin82 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:23 pm

no one knows... its just a waiting game.

Bobo_chan
Newly Registered

Post by Bobo_chan » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:27 pm

Vin82 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:23 pm

Did you email them for an update or you received this email automatically?
When did you submit the application?