ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Exam need to be taken again ?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jobs4avinash
Newly Registered
India

English Exam need to be taken again ?

Post by jobs4avinash » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:47 pm

Hi All,

I have applied for staffordshire university for MSc program, I have valid PTE score till Jan 2022. However, university is asking to take up another password English test for generating my CAS.

Is there any alternative way to avoid the english test ?

Please provide your suggestions.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: English Exam need to be taken again ?

Post by sah10406 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:12 am

jobs4avinash wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:47 pm
Is there any alternative way to avoid the english test ?
It is the university that is tasked with assessing your English, or confirming on the CAS that you are exempt from needing to be tested, this is a question for them.

Some people are exempt from testing, but the university will know that, and presumably you are not exempt.

See UKCISA's guide:
https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-3004 > English language ability
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

vinny

Re: English Exam need to be taken again ?

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:39 pm

English language requirement for a Student
ST 13.1. The applicant must show English language ability on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages in all 4 components (reading, writing, speaking and listening) of at least:
  • (a) level B2, where the applicant is studying a course at UK bachelor’s degree level or above; or
  • (b) level B1, where the applicant is studying a pre-sessional course or a course below UK bachelor’s degree level.
ST 13.2. The applicant must show they meet the English language requirement as specified in Appendix English Language.

ST 13.3. Where the student sponsor has assessed that the applicant meets the English language requirement, they must state this and the method of assessment on the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies.

ST 13.4. Where a Secure English Language Test is required, the name of the test provider, the unique reference number for the test and the score for each component tested (reading, writing, listening, speaking) must be included on the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.