ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 Non-EU questions..

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TryllZ

2 Non-EU questions..

Post by TryllZ » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:02 pm

Hi,

So I'm looking to get married in a religious/traditional wedding back home.

1) As mentioned here https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming- ... ly-member/ evidence needs be provided for when we met all the way up to marriage, and beyond (financial support etc).

What I'm not clear about is if this is applicable to religious/traditional marriages too because in such marriages parents of both man and woman decide and get it done. The man and the woman don't actually get to meet physically until the day of marriage, so I'm a a bit confused about this. Marriage certificates, photographs, and other evidence of marriage etc will be gathered but my concern is about "evidence of meeting circumstances, all the way leading up to the marriage".

2) I'm currently on Stamp 1 with Critical Skills Employment Permit and again on the same link above its mentioned that spouses of holders of CSEP can apply for a Join-Family visa immediately after marriage.

My question is once I am on Stamp 4 then can the spouse apply immediately after marriage or will she have to wait 1 year before applying for Join-Family visa, I could no find a clear answer to this.

Thank You

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: 2 Non-EU questions..

Post by littlerr » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:47 pm

1. Generally speaking, in order to apply for a visa for your spouse, your relationship must be recognised in a similar way as if the marriage (or durable/de-facto relationship) happens in Ireland. The whole purpose of having you produce proof of relationship is to dissuade people who utilise marriage of convenience.

If you don’t have any proof that you know your spouse before marriage or that you have been in a stable relationship, it is highly likely that the visa will be refused.

2. If you have proof that you obtained your stamp 4 via CSEP, there is no waiting period. Information is available on a few different INIS/DoJ sites.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/faq-spou ... r-csep.pdf

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:31 am

Thanks littlerr,

But then if one is to marry with a citizen (passport holder) then its taken as marriage of convenience as well, so not sure if one can get married either ways because of there is a risk there as well.

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:38 am

Another issue being traveling solely to meet for the purpose of marriage that too during Covid.

Plus being unable to find a woman to get married to.

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:35 am

Has anyone one been able to successfully bring his Non-EU spouse where the marriage was arranged / traditional ?

Really looking forward to hear someone's experience in this matter.

Thank You