ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply for Naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gurnaam21
Newly Registered
Ireland

When to apply for Naturalisation

Post by gurnaam21 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:34 pm

Hi,I will need help from fellow members. Basically my wife she will be applying for Naturalisation very soon but i am confused with the dates i should be putting in residence calculater. please see the details below.
1: she received her visa from irish embassy new delhi as a spouse of irish national, visa valid from 14th dec 2018 to 13 mar 2019.
2. She comes to dublin on 28th January 2019 and gets green stamp on her passport for 3 months for the purpose of registration.
3: we renew her visa on 4th feb 2019 and visa is valid until 4-2-2022.
My concern is now when does she become eligible for Naturalisation? is it 28th January or 4th feb? Which stamps should i put in residency calculater? Should i include stamp issued in New delhi and under which category? If i include stamp issued on purpose of registration (28th jan 2019) what category should i select.
I am more concerned now because IRP renewals are taking more than a month now. I don't want to be late otherwise she might get a gap in her residency. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks again

OneWorld2122
Ireland

Re: When to apply for Naturalisation

Post by OneWorld2122 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:58 pm

I believe it's a date since she got the 'residence permit' which is 4th Feb 2019, visa dates and date given at airport doesn't count.
Same for residence calculator you have to put dates register at INIS and not visas.
Note- if she was away for more than 6weeks in any year then that time need to be minus.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:23 pm

There's a difference between 'visa', 'landing stamp' and 'residence permit'.

A visa is a sticker in your passport which allows you to travel to Ireland between certain dates.

A landing stamp is what the immigration control staff puts in your passport. For first-time arrivals, the stamp will have an expiry date (usually valid for between 1 - 3 months). That stamp basically means you can live in Ireland until that date, but if you want to live beyond that date, you must be registered with INIS before that date.

A residence permit is where you have registered yourself with INIS and have had legal permission to reside in Ireland. Until this happens, you are not considered a resident from the immigration perspective.

Therefore, your start date would be 4 Feb 2019.

Having a gap will not affect her application, as long as the renewal application is submitted before the expiry date. If you live outside of Dublin (which means you need to make an appointment with local Garda station), you should do this as early as possible. If you live in Dublin, it's a simple online application where you fill in the details and you shouldn't need to worry about it.

gurnaam21
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by gurnaam21 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:59 pm

Thanks for your replies guys.