ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skiller Worker Dependent visa check list (separate application from outside UK)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

andreisultanov96
inactive

On Skilled Worker Visa - how can I bring my wife ASAP?

Post by andreisultanov96 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:33 pm

Hello everyone,

New here and have a question, hope you can help.

I'm currently in UK on Skilled Worker visa, and I'm going back to my home country in December to get married. I know that she has to apply for dependent visa after the wedding to come here, but that'll about 2 months (I think) until she gets the visa.

So my question is, is there a way for her to join me immediately after the wedding? Can she come on a Visit visa, and once the dependent visa is issued she'll just stay in the UK under that visa?

Thanks in advance!

vinny

Re: On Skilled Worker Visa - how can I bring my wife ASAP?

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:20 am

No. The environmentally unfriendly SW 26.4.
An applicant who is applying for permission to stay as a dependent partner or dependent child of a Skilled Worker must be in the UK on the date of application and must not have, or have last been granted, permission:
  • (a) as a Visitor; or
  • (b) as a Short-term student; or
  • (c) as a Parent of a Child Student; or
  • (d) as a Seasonal Worker; or
  • (e) as a Domestic Worker in a Private Household; or
  • (f) outside the Immigration Rules.
prevents visitors from switching in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

andreisultanov96
inactive

Skiller Worker Dependent visa check list (separate application from outside UK)

Post by andreisultanov96 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:30 pm

Hello all,

I am currently in the UK with a Skilled Worker visa, but I now I want to bring my wife over from outside the UK. I have searched of course from various sources about what documents to provide as part of her application for dependent visa, but just wanted to get more assurance in this forum.

Could anyone please provide a checklist of documents to provide for dependent visa application?

Thanks in advance!