ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ILR non sponsor share holder

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rm12345
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ILR non sponsor share holder

Post by rm12345 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:06 am

My husband and I are applying for ILR this year.
I am on tier 2 general with five year visa via my sponsor and my husband is on spouse visa and hes contracting via limited company. Both of our jobs come under the same SOC code.

I initially was a director and share holder in his company, after a year our accountant made an error in her tax assessment which I found out a month later and have email evidence of him accepting his mistake, we amended her tax returns and paid the required amount.

After this we realized if she can be a director although she doesn't do any work in My company, so she resigned aa director and has just been a share holder for the last couple of years. She got a hike a year back and it was not feasible for her to get dividends anymore as we were paying more tax for her, so she withdrew and has no longer been a shareholder as well forpast one-year.

My questions are,

1. Will this affect my ILR application? I have paid all the taxes genuinely.
2. Many places say that there should be no problem in being a shareholder in another cpany as long as it's not your sponsor and you're not more than ten percent in your sponsor.
3. Many rejections have been due to tier 1 tax amendment issues where they used the amount to claim points but didn't pay tax accordingly, mine is tier 2 general and my employer has given me more than thirty percent hike for past five years and m well above the salary limit.
4. Do I need to submit any documents for above? Currently m no longer a share holder, but should I submit it myself? I am not sure as people do pay tax themselves from other incomes or savings as well?

Pls confirm and any help will be appreciated, thanks a lot!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 ILR non sponsor share holder

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:23 pm

Tier 2 rules only allow you to work for your sponsor. Why did you start a company ? Your spouse is under PBS dependant route NOT the spouse visa but has no restrictions on the type of work he can do.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rm12345
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 ILR non sponsor share holder

Post by rm12345 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:30 am

Thanks for the reply, we got ILR today :-)