ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker application- Waiting for nearly 4 months

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LSTSB
Newly Registered

Skilled worker application- Waiting for nearly 4 months

Post by LSTSB » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:51 am

Hello members,
As the title suggests, I made an application for a Skilled worker (employer sponsored) visa from within the UK on the 9th of August 2021. I am on a PBS dependant visa that is valid until the end of 2024, however my employer had offered to sponsor my visa and hence I made a fresh application from within the UK.
As per standard process I cleared the IELTS exam, filled the application, paid the fees, paid the IHS, booked an appointment and submitted my application at the centre along with biometric data. It's been close to 4 months and I had not heard from them until a couple of weeks ago and also there seems to be no way to escalate or follow up on the case. On the 1st of November however, I received a notice from the Home office to advise that they haven't received my Biometric data yet and hence my application is incomplete. It also says that if I don't arrange for the biometrics to be collected within the next 63 days, the application would automatically get cancelled. I promptly replied to the email providing evidence of my biometric submission appointment and the acknowledgement I had received on the day of the appointment. In addition I also contacted the local Biometric centre in Peterborough (Regus), St John’s Street Stuart House, East Wing PE1 5DD and they have reconfirmed that the biometric data was indeed submitted.
I haven't had a response yet to my email to the Home office or to the chaser. The phone numbers lead to employees who can only give you generic information and nothing case specific. Could someone advise please?

Kind Regards
Venky

ywlgy

Re: Skilled worker application- Waiting for nearly 4 months

Post by ywlgy » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:06 pm

I think there were some data transfer or communication bugs between UKVACS and UKVI recently. Another member also complained about UKVI not receiving submitted supporting documents and asking for them again.
BTW, working under dependent visa has much less constraint in my opinion.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

LSTSB
Newly Registered

Post by LSTSB » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:13 pm

Thanks for your response. Would you know by any chance if the other member eventually got their visa? I agree that working on a dependant visa has its own benefits and can be liberating in a certain sense, however in the last year where a lot of businesses went under administration or had to lay off staff to cope with the financial crisis, it makes sense to have two visas to remove the dependency on a single sponsor.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:19 pm

I hope you are aware that by switching to your own Skilled Worker visa, your clock for ILR resets to zero and a new 5 year period before you can apply for ILR.

The same applies to any children you have who are born abroad, they will only qualify for ILR when you do, even if your spouse remains on their own sponsored visa and applies for ILR when they qualify.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.