ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

evidence requirements for non-eu spouse switch from presettled to settled status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tglutt
Newly Registered
Turkey

Presettled to Settled - when to apply for different arrivals

Post by tglutt » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:01 am

Hi,

I have a question on when to apply for settled status from presettled. I am non-eu spouse of French citizen and we have a daughter who is also French citizen.

Me and my spouse arrived to UK in 21 November 2016 to rent a place. I started working honoring my signed contract 28 November 2016. My spouse went back to our home country to bring our daughter who joined us on 6 Jan 2017. After than date we are continuous residents. We are on presettled at the moment.

My wifes and my 5 years are up to switch to settled this November 2021. Our daughter's 5 years will be up on January 2022.

Would it be a problem if my wife and I apply right after 21 November and apply for our daughter after Jan 6 2022 or we should all wait until Jan 6 to apply?

Thanks,

Tg

kamoe

Re: Presettled to Settled - when to apply for different arrivals

Post by kamoe » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:28 pm

tglutt wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:01 am
Would it be a problem if my wife and I apply right after 21 November and apply for our daughter after Jan 6 2022 or we should all wait until Jan 6 to apply?
Not a problem at all. You each have to submit a separate application anyway.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

tglutt
Newly Registered
Turkey

evidence requirements for non-eu spouse switch from presettled to settled status

Post by tglutt » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:38 am

Hi,

I will be applying to switch from presettled to settled soon. I am a married spouse of an France citizen(married in 2013). We started living in the UK in Nov 2016 and got presettled on May 2019.

Wanted to ask the forum what documents did you use for an succesful application(especially for non-eu spouse married to a France citizen)

The gov website says "You can use the same types of evidence you used to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme the first time." It is quite annoying to have so little information for non-eu applicants!

I remember using the residence card and act-de-marriage(green family book). For this time I also got a recent extract from France embassy which I usually use for applying to schengen visas(extrait de l'acte de mariage). In the last few months they started issuing these documents in multiple languages so it also has english now.

Which documents would you suggest I submit?

Thanks!

Bazinga_

Re: evidence requirements for non-eu spouse switch from presettled to settled status

Post by Bazinga_ » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:57 pm

tglutt wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:38 am
Hi,

I will be applying to switch from presettled to settled soon. I am a married spouse of an France citizen(married in 2013). We started living in the UK in Nov 2016 and got presettled on May 2019.

Wanted to ask the forum what documents did you use for an succesful application(especially for non-eu spouse married to a France citizen)

The gov website says "You can use the same types of evidence you used to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme the first time." It is quite annoying to have so little information for non-eu applicants!

I remember using the residence card and act-de-marriage(green family book). For this time I also got a recent extract from France embassy which I usually use for applying to schengen visas(extrait de l'acte de mariage). In the last few months they started issuing these documents in multiple languages so it also has english now.

Which documents would you suggest I submit?

Thanks!
Documents you have are enough. Your BRC and marriage cert or book are the most important. The system will do an automatic check for your 5 years residency status using your NI number if you are in employment.That is all really. You will need to go through the same application process like you did for presettled. I am doing mine in April and have done some research. If they need further evidence (which I doubt) a caseworker will contact you.

Best of luck. Keep us posted.

tglutt
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: evidence requirements for non-eu spouse switch from presettled to settled status

Post by tglutt » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:24 pm

Thanks, will do.