ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to delete my YouTube channel on Skilled Worker visa?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

godilovegummyworms
Newly Registered
United States of America

Do I need to delete my YouTube channel on Skilled Worker visa?

Post by godilovegummyworms » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:20 am

Hi,

I've dreamt of moving out of the US and eventually getting rid of my US citizenship since I was a kid. I hate the place. Anyway, I recently was sponsored by a UK employer on a Skilled Worker visa and am going through the application process now; submitted biometrics a couple of days ago.

I have a couple of YouTube channels that I've been running for the last 3 years that (for the last 12 monhts or so) have generated about as much profit as my annual salary on the Skilled Worker visa will be, but I expect the amounts to grow quite significantly over the next couple of years if I keep uploading.

It would really be a shame if I had to give this up, but I'm prepared to do so if it is necessary.

Does anyone know of any other posts or articles about this issue? I tried searching but wasn't able to find anything.

My YouTube accounts and AdSense are currently set for US tax residency and US bank account payouts.

Options I can think of:

> Continue uploading videos to YouTube. Change AdSense payment threshold to $1,000,000 so that YouTube earnings will not actually be paid to me until earnings exceed that amount (which they won't), and then after getting ILR, change the payment threshold back so that I will receive payment.

> Continue uploading videos. Temporarily legally transfer the account to a family member in the US while I am on a Skilled Worker visa. Transfer account back to me after getting ILR.

> Continue uploading videos, but turn off monetisation and decline all sponsorship offers. Lose out on >$200k of income over 5 years.

> Stop uploading videos. Continue receiving royalties for existing work. Disable monetisation on new content? It's actually really difficult because there are sponsored videos I'm contractually obligated to leave up for a certain period of time. I'm sure I could buy out of these contracts but still. This makes very little sense.

Surely there must be an option I'm missing here. I mean, is it really this strict?