ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Signed for Delivery of Supporting Documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MYA

Signed for Delivery of Supporting Documents

Post by MYA » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:00 am

Good morning All

Just want to confirm with members about supporting documents return from passport office, I have paid £5 extra when I applied for my wife’s passport to be delivered by signed for delivery.

Will these documents will be delivered by Royal Mail or TNT.
As I have heard that these will be delivered through Royal Mail as i paid as signed for .

Any members who have experience this please confirm as Iam waiting for supporting documents and there is no sign and not even showing up on TNT as well.
Received passport week ago by TNT

Thanks

dexmo

Re: Signed for Delivery of Supporting Documents

Post by dexmo » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:17 am

MYA wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:00 am
Good morning All

Just want to confirm with members about supporting documents return from passport office, I have paid £5 extra when I applied for my wife’s passport to be delivered by signed for delivery.

Will these documents will be delivered by Royal Mail or TNT.
As I have heard that these will be delivered through Royal Mail as i paid as signed for .

Any members who have experience this please confirm as Iam waiting for supporting documents and there is no sign and not even showing up on TNT as well.
Received passport week ago by TNT

Thanks
This should show up on the TNT tracker under the same HMPO application reference number once the documents have been passed on to TNT. According to HMPO, there is currently a 'slight delay' to returning supporting documents which can take up to 4 weeks. Some people have reported waiting for longer. And, it seems once your passport has been issued and sent HMPO can't even tell you where the documents are as the examiner will have passed them on to a different department to be processed for return.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Signed for Delivery of Supporting Documents

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:17 am

I paid the extra amount 5 years ago and remember clearly the documents were just dropped through the letter box.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.