ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 28 days rule

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

areng2022
Newly Registered

Job Creation for ILR

Post by areng2022 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:44 pm

Hi,

the guidance on job creation for ILR application is not clear.

if i maintained the jobs that created during the initial 3-year leave for another 12 months during the 2 year extension period, can I use them to score points for job creation?

The guidance confirms it for the second extension but it is not clear for the settlement application.

Any help would be appreciated.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Job Creation for ILR

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:22 am

This is NOT how to ask a question on the ILR forum. You must mention your immigration history and route. Many here cannot read your mind. I assume you are under the Tier 1E route.

The requirement is the same as an extension. If you maintained them for 12 months after the grant of extension you are good
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

areng2022
Newly Registered

Re: Job Creation for ILR

Post by areng2022 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:25 am

sorry for my mistake and thank you for your reply!

areng2022
Newly Registered

SET(O) Questions

Post by areng2022 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:29 am

Hi

I have some questions about SET(O) application. I am a Tier 1 Entrepreneur applicant.

1-application form asked for "Employee Payment Records, original HM Revenue & Customs P45 or P46". What is "Employee Payment Records"? I am submitting Payslips and RTI. Are they same?

2-do I need to provide the two following items?
(i) an overview of the business’s activity, including an explanation of the goods
or services it provides to its customers or clients; and
(ii) the applicant’s job title and job description, setting out their role within the
company, how they are implementing their business plan and what their
main tasks and responsibilities are in running the business on a day-to-day
basis

a business bank statement from a UK account which shows business
transactions, or a letter from the UK bank in question, on its headed paper,
confirming that the company or partnership has a bank account, that the applicant
is a signatory of that account, and that the company or partnership uses that
account for the purposes of their business

thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET(O) Questions

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:36 am

1. Topics merged in the ILR sub forum.

2. Please do NOT post ILR questions in the tier 1 Entrepreneur sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

areng2022
Newly Registered

Post by areng2022 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:11 am

Any idea from those who applied for SET(O) in this category?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:52 pm

1. You must submit RTI records (the best is the FPS reports from the payroll software)
2. Yes you need all those
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

areng2022
Newly Registered

ILR 28 days rule

Post by areng2022 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:22 pm

Hi,

I have a question about the ILR 28 day rule.

What happens if the application is paid online over 28 days before the 5 years qualifying period but the appointment is attended within the 28 days?

In that case the 28 days rules is met when he is considering the case

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR 28 days rule

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:25 pm

There is no such a thing as the 28 days rule. It is simply a concession provided by the home office for all ILR applications where you can get ILR without completing the whole 5 years. UKVI will use the date that is most beneficial to the applicant, so the date of decision is used.

ywlgy

Post by ywlgy » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:19 pm

areng2022 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:22 pm
Hi,

I have a question about the ILR 28 day rule.

What happens if the application is paid online over 28 days before the 5 years qualifying period but the appointment is attended within the 28 days?

In that case the 28 days rules is met when he is considering the case
In this scenario, the decision date has to be on/after the 5th anniversary. If UKVI look at your case before that (e.g. when priority is used), they could refuse the application unless they are kind enough to delay the decision after the anniversary.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

garrick
- thin ice -
India

Post by garrick » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:53 pm

@zimba, how can you say that there is no such rule of 28 days!! Have you read homeoffice guidelines?? It clearly mention about 28 days before expiry of current leave.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:14 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:25 pm

garrick wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:53 pm
@zimba, how can you say that there is no such rule of 28 days!! Have you read homeoffice guidelines?? It clearly mention about 28 days before expiry of current leave.
Because it does not exist in the immigration rules. As I said it is merely a concession as per home office guides. I was very clear :!: