ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and tax code

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hassan11
Newly Registered
Mood:

Proof of living in the UK

Post by Hassan11 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:08 pm

Hello,

I am applying for naturalisation based on the ILR that I received in 2018, while filling the online form, under the “Documents” section there are list of documents asked to provide and one of them is

“Proof of living in the UK for Mr --- for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen”

Wondering, is a passport enough as proof, or do I need to include more documents?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Hassan

prs
BANNED

Re: Proof of living in the UK

Post by prs » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:08 pm

The more docs you provide the stronger your case would be imho.

Provide council tax for the past 5 years as they seem to accept that without any issue.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:14 pm

prs wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:08 pm
The more docs you provide the stronger your case would be imho.

Provide council tax for the past 5 years as they seem to accept that without any issue.
Only passports are required if the OP followed the UK visa and ILR route. Council tax bill is irrelevant and not required and does not make a case "stronger"!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

prs
BANNED

Post by prs » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:36 pm

I think you took what I said Literally!!

I don't mean, send them whatever you like and your immigration case will become "stronger" all of a sudden.

1s, it was a figure of speech.

2nd, in my 18 years of experience of dealing with the HO, the more doc you provide to them, the better it is. mainly because you won't leave a room for them to contact you later-on and ask you for this/that which again means your case (whatever it might be) will be delayed.

OP: again, send them whatever you have.

Hassan11
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Hassan11 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:37 am

Thank you both, really appreciate your help.

Regards,

Hassan11
Newly Registered
Mood:

Naturalisation and tax code

Post by Hassan11 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:44 am

Hello,

I am applying for naturalisation based on the ILR that I received in 2018 and have just checked my tax status with HMRC that shows there is “non coded income” under my account and also my tax code is starting with K (that mean I have untaxed income which is more than my tax-free amount.)

Do you think these points will be considered while processing naturalisation applications, what do you suggest?

Thanks,

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation and tax code

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:08 am

Naturalisation has no specific income/tax/benefit requirements so I don't believe there is an issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Hassan11
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Hassan11 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:06 am

Thanks for your reply,

There is a question about the "Tax office reference number" can I leave it empty? would that be ok?

Thanks,

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:25 am

Hassan11 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:06 am
Thanks for your reply,

There is a question about the "Tax office reference number" can I leave it empty? would that be ok?

Thanks,

Regards,
You get this number from your employer or on your P60. If you are employed, you need to fill this in.

It is NOT your tax code etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.