ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

not received naturalization certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pikapika
Peru

not received naturalization certificate

Post by Pikapika » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:11 pm

hello and I do apologize if there is a topic already exciting with similar question, I couldn't find it.

I became a British Citizen on the 10th of November 2021 (online ceremony) after completing the 5 year spouse route. The local council said that the copy of the certificate will be sent to my address and it takes up to two weeks.
It's been over 2 weeks now and still nothing. I want to apply for a passport but obviously without the certificate I can't do it.

I believe that contacting the council will be pointless as they said that certificates are sent by HO.

Shall I start panicking or this is a normal time frame for waiting for certificates to be posted?

Pika

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: not received naturalization certificate

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:56 pm

It is the council that sends the certificate if you had a virtual ceremony or at it is at the council you collect it after you virtual ceremony. UKVI send the certificate to the council to facilitate handing it to you at the in person ceremony. It is not UKVI that posts the certificate to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pikapika
Peru

Post by Pikapika » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:15 pm

ok thank you I will give them a call in the morning

Pikapika
Peru

Post by Pikapika » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:29 am

I have received my certificate and applied for passport on Monday sending the documents with next day delivery.

How soon does the status of my application change on the website if anybody had experience?

Thanks