ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Living- Naturzation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sambath2022
Newly Registered

Naturalization applying Period -Query

Post by sambath2022 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:12 pm

Dear members,
Hope all are doing good and healthy.
Quick query - I am a BP holder and need to apply naturalization for my wife and son who is 8 years old.

They both got ILR in Tier -1 Dependent route ( 5 years ) granted on 02 Dec 2020.
I need some guidance please with respect to this.

- Can I apply Naturalization for both in same application together ?
- Do I need to apply online after 2nd Dec( meaning on 3rd Dec) as they complete one year from ILR or I can apply even now ?
- Do I need to book appointments for Biometric only after submitting the online application or I can take it well in advance ?
- What documents I need to submit for naturalization application for my wife and my son who is studying in year 4.
- As my wife is self employed , do I need to submit any employment proof or as she got the ILR via dependent Tier 1 route .. its not required.

I am really indebted to thank you for your timely help .

thanks a lot
Sam

sambath2022
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalization applying Period -Query

Post by sambath2022 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:39 pm

Sorry to bother .. forget to ask in previous post.
Also one more doubt.

My son who is 8 years old born outside UK and in ILR last one year via Tier 1 dep route - as same as my wife
Do I need to apply MN1 online form my son and Naturalisation form for my wife or can apply Naturalisation form for both ?

thanks a lot for your help again..
Sam

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:41 am

Adults are naturalised (Form AN). Children are registered (Form MN1).
Both wife and child can apply on the same online form - after your wife has completed her application she needs to select your child's (under 18) application and the system will adjust to MN1 form.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

sambath2022
Newly Registered

Post by sambath2022 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:20 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:41 am
Both wife and child can apply on the same online form - after your wife has completed her application she needs to select your child's (under 18) application and the system will adjust to MN1 form.
Thanks a lot friend for replies.
Just curious.. is it better to apply seperately for my son and wife.. for eg. MN1 registration processing takes less time, whereas AN1 take more time .. so is it wise to do that way?

Also could you please help me with the queries I requested in previous thread?

Do I need to apply online after 2nd Dec( meaning on 3rd Dec) as they complete one year from ILR or I can apply even now ?
- Do I need to book appointments for Biometric only after submitting the online application or I can take it well in advance ?
- What documents I need to submit for naturalization application for my wife and my son who is studying in year 4.
- As my wife is self employed , do I need to submit any employment proof or as she got the ILR via dependent Tier 1 route .. its not required.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:50 pm

sambath2022 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:20 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Just curious.. is it better to apply seperately for my son and wife.. for eg. MN1 registration processing takes less time, whereas AN1 take more time .. so is it wise to do that way? There are no issues doing it either way, online together is more convenient of course, and the child's approval normally comes separately, and sooneroften than the parent's approval.

Do I need to apply online after 2nd Dec( meaning on 3rd Dec) as they complete one year from ILR or I can apply even now ?
Your wife needs to complete the full 12 months. Child could apply now if you do it separately. But the 3rd is at the end of the week, so no rush ....
Biometric appointment needs to be booked after the applications are submitted/paid. You can't do it in advance.
The online system will generate a list of documents required for your wife and child.
No employment proof is needed as such, but self-employed need to provide the latest tax self-assessment return. Note that naturalisation is primarily about residency (there are no financial requirements).

This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

sambath2022
Newly Registered

Post by sambath2022 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:22 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:50 pm
sambath2022 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:20 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Just curious.. is it better to apply seperately for my son and wife.. for eg. MN1 registration processing takes less time, whereas AN1 take more time .. so is it wise to do that way? There are no issues doing it either way, online together is more convenient of course, and the child's approval normally comes separately, and sooneroften than the parent's approval.

Your wife needs to complete the full 12 months. Child could apply now if you do it separately. But the 3rd is at the end of the week, so no rush ....
Biometric appointment needs to be booked after the applications are submitted/paid. You can't do it in advance.
The online system will generate a list of documents required for your wife and child.
No employment proof is needed as such, but self-employed need to provide the latest tax self-assessment return. Note that naturalisation is primarily about residency (there are no financial requirements).

Many thanks my friend for your kind replies. much appreciated.
So I will apply both ( AN1 and MN1 ) same time online.
Just one more question- sorry really to bother again..
Actually there is a personal emergency and I am travelling to India with my family 3rd Dec ( this Friday night )
Both my wife and Son completes one year after ILR on 2nd Dec ( i.e ILR granted on 2nd Dec 2020). So I am trying to submit the application by 3rd Dec morning . is this correct as per rules.. meaning applying AN1 and MN1 the next year they complete one year?
Also Is it fine to draft the application today /tomorrow and submit on Friday Morning ( 3rd Dec) ?
I also need not to include the current emergency travel if I submit the application before I travel right ?

thanks a lot again for your valuable replies

Sam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:44 pm

If you are a British citizen, there is/was no requirement for your wife to wait 12 months on ilr before applying for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sambath2022
Newly Registered

Post by sambath2022 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:44 pm
If you are a British citizen, there is/was no requirement for your wife to wait 12 months on ilr before applying for citizenship.
Thanks a lot for your replies . But I am not aware of this . My wife and my son came as Tier 1 dependent and granted ILR only last year Dec 2nd 2020., whereas I got it in 2017 . But I applied naturalisaion and got my BP only this year Aug 2021.
I was under impression both my son and wife, need to complete one year after ILR period and from next day only they can apply Naturalisaion ?? How Ignorant I was really..
so this means I can apply 3rd dec then ..( which is next day after completing ILR one year period)
thanks a lot
Sam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:07 pm

They could have applied in August as soon as you had attended your ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sambath2022
Newly Registered

Post by sambath2022 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:07 pm
They could have applied in August as soon as you had attended your ceremony.
OK . thanks . but any way applying only now :)
Hope it is better to apply both AN1 and MN1 together online right ..

thanks
Sam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:52 pm

It makes no difference if you applied together or individually. Each application is assessed on its own merit and must meet the requirements individually.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sambath2022
Newly Registered

Post by sambath2022 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:52 pm
It makes no difference if you applied together or individually. Each application is assessed on its own merit and must meet the requirements individually.
Ok thanks for the guidance .. really appreciate it

sambath2022
Newly Registered

Post by sambath2022 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:42 pm

sambath2022 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:08 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:52 pm
Ok thanks for the guidance .. really appreciate it
I am really sorry to pester more on this . I am now confused on what basis I should apply naturalisation for my wife
1. is it the option of married to British citizen ( I got BP only this Aug
2. Or as she got ILR , staying 5 years .. ( so tally 5 plus 1 year ) she stayed.. so need to select 5 years route..
sorry to ask again.. which option I should select...
could you please guide, accordingly I will select

thanks a lot
Sam

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:17 pm

You choose option 1) married to a BC, and document 3 years residency back from application date.
The route to ILR is not relevant.

sambath2022
Newly Registered

Post by sambath2022 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:39 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:17 pm
You choose option 1) married to a BC, and document 3 years residency back from application date.
The route to ILR is not relevant.
Many thanks for your replies my friend. I opted that option . yes thanks again .
Now adding my Son as well to the application as registering as BC ( MN1) .. but it asks for main applicant settlement status .. so I selected ILR and date ILR granted etc.,

But just asking is it good to submit this application only for my wife and start a fresh MN1 application for my Son where in I can mention my BC details ..

your suggestion will defintely help me

thanks a lot again
Sam

sambath2022
Newly Registered

Proof of Living- Naturzation

Post by sambath2022 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:44 pm

Dear friends
one of the documents for naturalisation is :

Proof of living in the UK for Mrs XXX for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen.

If you are a Non-EEA National, you need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the relevant 3- or 5-year period.

Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you have been living in the UK.

So this means, we dont need to upload every 3 months bank statements/utility bills etc, where as all pages passport copy scanned and uploaded is fine ?

thanks a lot for helping me friends

Sam

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Proof of Living- Naturzation

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:52 pm

Correct - bills and statements are not accepted - your passport(s) covering the period are sufficient (if you hold UK ILR).

sambath2022
Newly Registered

Post by sambath2022 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:53 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:52 pm
Correct - bills and statements are not accepted - your passport(s) covering the period are sufficient (if you hold UK ILR).
Many thanks my friend for your replies

sambath2022
Newly Registered

Post by sambath2022 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:19 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sorry one more doubt :(
One question while applying AN1 naturalisation form - Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?

I answered No as my Son is also applying but it is MN1 .. so this means I should answer yes right for the above question ?

Many thanks for help again

sambath2022
Newly Registered

Post by sambath2022 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:33 pm

sambath2022 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:53 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Many thanks my friend for your replies
One more question:( sorry . I used the same referees for my Son ( MN1) and my wife ( AN1) - Both are not professional and BCs
But when I read the section for child applicants is says this :

Where the applicant is a child applying, one referee should be a professional who
has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health
visitor, social worker or minister of religion.

Is it a must that we need to submit this only from the above professionals who has engaged with him or I could use the same for both ( used for my wife - AN1)

thanks a lot
Sam