ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document list for ILR SET(O) Skilled Worker

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

engrcj
United States of America

Mistakes in the dates for UK entry/exit

Post by engrcj » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:39 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone here made a mistake with entry/exit dates in the application? I wonder how much this'd impact..

i mistakenly put an incorrect return date - 15 days difference!.. hopefully it won't be a big problem..

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Mistakes in the dates for UK entry/exit

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:52 am

engrcj wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:39 pm
Hi all,

Has anyone here made a mistake with entry/exit dates in the application? I wonder how much this'd impact..

i mistakenly put an incorrect return date - 15 days difference!.. hopefully it won't be a big problem..
Yes it'd being done and addressed severally. If yet to submit, clarify it in a cover letter if submitted already your records are with HO, thye pick up on the error.

engrcj
United States of America

Absence dates in the letter(employer) vs. in the application

Post by engrcj » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:49 am

Hello all,

hope you're well.

I had a few days working remotely outside the UK after taking days off. In the letter provided by my employer, they'd put a period where I was on annual leave. I returned to the UK 2 weeks after so I will put an extended period in the application. Could I write a cover letter to clarify this?

I appreciate your time and help.

engrcj
United States of America

Employer letter for absences

Post by engrcj » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:25 pm

Hi all,

I'm also going through a similar situation :( I don't think I can get my employer to write 'annual leave + working remotely' on the letter.
- Tier 2 G / Skilled Worker route
-- not shortlisted job
- SET (O)
- 60-month continuous residence qualified

There's this one period that I'm struggling with as I didn't inform my employer about 'working remotely'
First 8 days of absence from the UK - paid annual leave - this will be in the letter
Last 15 days of absence from the UK - working remotely outside the UK - won't be in the letter

Sorry @Zimba thank you for your time and support. The rule has changed really? therefore, we no longer need to provide a letter from the employer detailing?
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1035136/Continuous_residence.pdf is helpful! but why the below
[quote]Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK and Crown Dependencies for [/quote]
is mentioned in the application process - Other documents - If you do not provide these documents, your application may be delayed or refused.

If I don't have to provide a letter from the employer.. it'll be superb! can anyone confirm this..?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:36 pm

Please do not tag your questions onto other members topics. Keep all your questions in your own topic. Post merged with your existing thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

engrcj
United States of America

Post by engrcj » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:45 pm

HI CR001
Can you please delete the whole thread?
I will write a new post asking whether a letter from the employer re absences is required or not.
I am very confused about this after reading several threads here :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:47 pm

No need to write a new post and posts are not deleted. This topic is visible to anyone reading the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

engrcj
United States of America

Documents Relating to Periods of Absence - ILR SET (O) Skilled Worker

Post by engrcj » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:59 pm

Hi all,

Thank you for your time and support in advance :)

Backgroud:
- Working on SET (O) application
- SOC code 2423 'Management consultants and business analysts'
- no period of permitted absences (all my absences include business trips and holidays/paid leaves)

I understand that there were some changes in the requirements for settlement as a Skilled Worker. One I'm particularly after is evidence required for 'Since you first entered the UK, have you had any absences from the UK.'

Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK and Crown Dependencies
It sits in 'Other documents.' although 'If you do not provide these documents, your application may be delayed or refused.' is stated, the letter from the employer is no longer required as I understand?

If you read my posts above, I'm struggling with my most recent period of absence - just one and only period I was outside the UK with my current employer which doesn't support working remotely. My previous employer supported working remotely so they are preparing the letter for me.

Has anyone gone through something similar to my situation? or can someone confirm again that 'Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK and Crown Dependencies' is not required?
According to references below, I understand that any absences in the Immigration History section of the application form will be cross-checked by passport pages for a record of absences.

Reference:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-skilled-worker
Immigration Rules Appendix Skilled Worker - Settlement as a Skilled Worker

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1035136/Continuous_residence.pdf
Continuous Residence guidance Version 2.0 (This guidance for decision makers explains how to assess the continuous residence requirements for applications for settlement (indefinite leave to remain) in the UK)
Published for Home Office staff on 16 November 2021
Thanks to Zimba

engrcj
United States of America

Tier2 date on Employer's letter

Post by engrcj » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:08 am

Hi Zimba,

I hope you’re well.

I believe you mentioned that the employer letter isn’t required for absences from the UK in another related thread. For this thread, since it’s more than 4 weeks?
Hope this can be clarified. Thank you so much.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier2 date on Employer's letter

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:51 pm

engrcj wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:08 am
Hi Zimba,

I hope you’re well.

I believe you mentioned that the employer letter isn’t required for absences from the UK in another related thread. For this thread, since it’s more than 4 weeks?
Hope this can be clarified. Thank you so much.
The rules have changed as Tier 2 does not exist. They expect a letter but it is not specific
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

engrcj
United States of America

Post by engrcj » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:08 pm

Thank you Zimba.

I requested my employer to state that 'all absences from work were approved by the employer' so fingers crossed!

I hope HO will update that generic list for documents in the application process reflecting the changes in the rules.

engrcj
United States of America

Post by engrcj » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:09 pm

There are many conversations around this here so here's the final response I'd say..
indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier2-date-o ... #p2044056
Huge thanks to Zimba.

engrcj
United States of America

Post by engrcj » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:01 pm

Hi Zimba

Sorry me again..! Do you think I can go with the 2nd option below in the quote if the employer doesn't write me a simple letter stating that all absences from work were approved/authorised by the employer?
You must confirm that the applicant’s sponsor (where they are on a sponsored route)
agreed to their absence for this purpose. There is no specified evidence for this, but
you would normally expect to see:
1. a letter from their sponsor agreeing to the absence for this purpose confirming
the start and end dates of the applicant’s absence
2. payslips or bank statements covering the entire period of absence or other
evidence to show the applicant was still employed during this time
Page 27 of 31 Published for Home Office staff on 16 November 2021
I feel like the letter I received by my previous employer would cause a confusion as it provides too much information. My previous employer, does not need to mention my employment period even right?

Is it about 'unpaid leave' or 'unemployed period?' I have this furlough period - do you think I need to mention it separately? I was outside the UK for 82 days.

If okay, please review the letter below..
This letter is to confirm that Miss XXX was full-time employed as a Manager with [COMPANY NAME], from 15th September 2016 to 31st October 2020. She was employed on a Tier 5 (Youth MOB) Migrant visa till 16th October 2016, and Tier 2 (General) visa from 24th November 2016.
During her employment, she had been absent from United Kingdom on the following days:
Day left the UK/ Day Returned UK / Total No of Days (Including weekends) / Reason for absence (business/leisure & destination country)

Please note that Miss XXX worked 37.5 hours per week from 9:00am to 17:30pm five days a week. The above absences relate to paid annual leave.
Please do not hesitate to contact me at YYY should you have any further queries.

Thank you again for your continued support!

ref: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idence.pdf

engrcj
United States of America

Post by engrcj » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:13 pm

I think you answered here : indefinite-leave-to-remain/applying-for ... l#p2035847

that I can go ahead with #2 but probably I need to explain my furlough period perhaps?

I do not need to provide a letter from my previous employer - understood.
Also not from my current employer? if I go with option 2?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:36 pm
Please do not tag your questions onto other members topics. Keep all your questions in your own topic. Post merged with your existing thread.
Please desist from posting or tagging onto every topic you find. It is considered rude and unfair to other members. Please keep ALL your questions in your own topic, this one!!

Please bear in mind that we are all unpaid volunteers on the forum and members will post a response if they choose to. It is not an "on demand" service and we are not immigration lawyers/advisors etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

engrcj
United States of America

Post by engrcj » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:28 pm

Apologies.. I'd have deleted my posts as I found answers to my burning questions :(

I truly appreciate your time and continued support. Hopefully, I will have an opportunity to pay back soon.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:02 am

engrcj wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:13 pm
I think you answered here : indefinite-leave-to-remain/applying-for ... l#p2035847

that I can go ahead with #2 but probably I need to explain my furlough period perhaps?

I do not need to provide a letter from my previous employer - understood.
Also not from my current employer? if I go with option 2?
What option ? They expect to see both items
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

engrcj
United States of America

Post by engrcj » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:18 pm

Hi Zimba,

Thanks for your reply.

Are you saying that I need to provide both pieces of evidence below which are possibly expected?

1. a letter from their sponsor agreeing to the absence for this purpose confirming
the start and end dates of the applicant’s absence

2. payslips or bank statements covering the entire period of absence or other
evidence to show the applicant was still employed during this time
Page 27 of 31 Published for Home Office staff on 16 November 2021

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:00 am

engrcj wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:08 pm
Thank you Zimba.

I requested my employer to state that 'all absences from work were approved by the employer' so fingers crossed!

I hope HO will update that generic list for documents in the application process reflecting the changes in the rules.
Do you have this letter ? This is enough

engrcj
United States of America

Post by engrcj » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:50 pm

Thanks Zimba for your time and continued support.

Just received a letter with full details and a line saying 'All periods of absences from work relate to paid annual leave and were authorised.'

Hope that's okay. There's a bit of complication as I was outside the UK for 82 days while furloughed. The statement above should cover that I believe.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:20 pm

Yes it is all good

engrcj
United States of America

Post by engrcj » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:00 pm

Thank you Zimba! Have a lovely weekend.

engrcj
United States of America

Post by engrcj » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:07 pm

Hi Zimba,

After waiting for 16 working days... my current employer finally issued a letter as follows:
They are also following old guidances so taking a while... argh!
There is a continuing need for <insert name> to remain in permanent employment with this firm in the UK.

Please also note that <insert name> is entitled to annual leave of <insert number of days> days per annum. As you will note from <insert name>’s schedule of absences from the UK, <insert name> is frequently required to travel outside the UK as part of the duties of his/her employment.
Do you think this will be fine? Sorry and Thank you again..!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:45 pm

Yes it is fine

engrcj
United States of America

Document list for ILR SET(O) Skilled Worker

Post by engrcj » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:47 am

Hi all,

Thank you for your time and continued support. I was able to submit the application! now in the process of uploading documents :)

ILR
SET (O)
Skilled worker

- Current Passport all pages
- Current BRP
- Consent
- Previous Passport all pages
- Ecctis/Naric academic qualification level statement
- Diploma degree certificate
- Current employer letter - There is a continuing need for XX to remain in permanent employment with this firm in the UK + Please also note that XX is entitled to annual leave of YY days per annum. As you will note from XX’s schedule of absences from the UK, XX is frequently required to travel outside the UK as part of the duties of his/her employment.
- Previous employer letter - All periods of absences from work relate to paid annual leave and were authorised.
- Latest payslip less than a month old
- Latest bank statement less than a month old
-- showing one day only - pay day with opening and closing balance
- Absences log - outside the UK travel history
- Absence calculation

Does the list above look okay? anything missing?
I'm a bit concerned about my bank statement - annoyingly my bank produced a statement for one day but it was my pay day so got the salary transaction printed. Would this be okay? or should I attach an additional MONTHLY bank statement?
and is a cover letter necessary?

Thank you for your support in advance!