ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Verification checks form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Proof of Settled Status for Naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:49 pm

You can apply immediately once the 12 months are completed - absences are not an issue if they are within the allowances.
Private insurance for when you are not working is a "red herring" in your case - no issue - you are allowed to look for work.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

stegio80

Re: Marital status "unmarried partner"

Post by stegio80 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:42 pm

I know you said marital status has no influence on naturalisation.
However, according to the home office "unmarried partner" is rather a person you live with and not just girlfriend or boyfriend?

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:34 pm
Marital status has no impact on the naturalisation applications - UKVI do not judge you on your arrangements. For future visa applications for your girlfriend she will have to satisfy the immigration requirements in force at the time. You don't have to provide documents proving marital status.

stegio80

Re: Marital status "unmarried partner"

Post by stegio80 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:48 pm

What I was thinking is that my referees are not aware about my private life and if I put "unmarried partner", would they be asked about my marital status? Referees are supposed to have some knowledge of the content of my application but they don't actually. They didn't read it. They know me obviously though.
alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:40 pm
I guess so too.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:12 pm

The referees are not required to review your application - they certify to the statements on the referee form, i.e. they know you, etc. They are not required to know all your personal arrangements. Referees are not contacted so UKVI don't test them on how well they know you. I didn't let my referees read my application - I told them I wouldn't show it to them ....
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

stegio80

Post by stegio80 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:46 pm

I am really puzzled on what to put. Seems that girlfriend isn't considered unmarried partner.

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:12 pm
The referees are not required to review your application - they certify to the statements on the referee form, i.e. they know you, etc. They are not required to know all your personal arrangements. Referees are not contacted so UKVI don't test them on how well they know you. I didn't let my referees read my application - I told them I wouldn't show it to them ....

stegio80

Documents for naturalisation: colour or grey/black and white?

Post by stegio80 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:59 pm

Good evening,
I know that the Home Office suggests scanning documents in grey or black and white to reduce the file size.
However, it would be easier for me to scan everything in colour and reduce the pdf size through a pc program that I have. Also, certain things such as passport pages and references with my pictures, I'd prefer to scan them in colour. The guideline for scanning say grey or black and white. Would that be a problem if I opt for colour scan?
Many thanks

stegio80

Invitations to interview as proof of lawful residence

Post by stegio80 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:29 pm

Hello,
During the first month after my arrival to the UK as EU national, I was a jobseeker.
Can I use emails with invitations to interviews as evidence of lawful residence?
Together with the NINO appointment letter and the NINO letter, they would show that I was here as a jobseeker, and therefore I didn't need the so-called "comprehensive sickness insurance"
Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Invitations to interview as proof of lawful residence

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:09 pm

By all means include the documents for one month of unemployment.
Note that CSI was only required for EEA citizens exercising treaty rights as "students" or "self-sufficient". It is not required for job-seeking which was part of exercising treaty rights as "workers".

stegio80

Post by stegio80 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:16 pm

Thank you!
I have two letters related to NINO plus some interview invitations from some employers.
I also have an email with the job offer that was sent a couple of weeks before starting to work.
All these pieces of evidence should clearly show I was a job seeker and therefore with no need to have a CSI.

Can I scan these documents in colour? Guidance suggests grey or black and white, but I can see that I have a good pdf program that reduces the sizes of the files and so documents scanned in colour looks better.

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:09 pm
By all means include the documents for one month of unemployment.
Note that CSI was only required for EEA citizens exercising treaty rights as "students" or "self-sufficient". It is not required for job-seeking which was part of exercising treaty rights as "workers".

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:59 am

Shouldn't be a problem as long as the file sizes are within limit.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:27 am

stegio80 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:29 pm
Hello,
During the first month after my arrival to the UK as EU national, I was a jobseeker.
There was no requirement to be a qualified person within the first 3 months of entry.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

stegio80

Post by stegio80 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:55 pm

Thank you.

What do they mean by asking "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"?

I came as a EU national and then applied for pre-settled and then settled status. Is that a UK immigration application?
alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:59 am
Shouldn't be a problem as long as the file sizes are within limit.

stegio80

Post by stegio80 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:12 pm

Hello,
I am completing a UK naturalisation application.

As far as I could understand, for the question: "Have you previously made any other UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?", I should answer "yes" and add my pre-settled and settled status applications.
However, I can't understand what it is meant by "Name in which you made the application"
Is it referred just to my name? It sounds strange because it's obviously my name that I've used for the application.
Many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:10 am

Some applicants may have changed their name.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

stegio80

Post by stegio80 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:15 am

Thank you!

I have answered "yes" because of pre-settled and settled status.

Is it correct?

Thanks again
vinny wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:10 am
Some applicants may have changed their name.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:14 am

Yes.

stegio80

Post by stegio80 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:27 pm

Does it matter if I use colour scanned copies instead of black and white or grey?

The HO suggests black and white or grey in the guidance, but I am able to remain below 6 MB with all the documents by either splitting them or by using a program that reduces the size of the files.
For most documents, I prefer colour for clarity.
vinny wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:14 am
Yes.

stegio80

British citizenship requirement

Post by stegio80 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:11 pm

As to the trips of the last 5 years, if I apply on 8 December 2021, do I need to list the trips made from 8 December 2016? Between 1 and 6 December 2016 I was absent from the UK. Do I need to list this trip too?
Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British citizenship requirement

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:38 pm

No - only trips from 8 Dec onwards.

stegio80

Post by stegio80 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:39 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:38 pm
No - only trips from 8 Dec onwards.
Thank you! What if I miss a couple of trips? I have checked multiple times but I might have missed one or two trips over the five years. My absences would not go above 200 days anyway.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:56 am

You could put an estimate in if you don't have details, including approximate month/year.

stegio80

Post by stegio80 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:00 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:56 am
You could put an estimate in if you don't have details, including approximate month/year.
I have looked for all the possibile trips and found details but I am concerned I might have miss one out. I cannot give an estimate because I can't remember at all. It must have been a week or so.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:02 am

Not much else you can do - guess it would only be critical if absences are on the border line.
You could apply for a Subject Access Request (SAR) to ask whether UKVI have your travel history but that will take extra time, may produce incomplete data or none at all. https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

stegio80

Post by stegio80 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:34 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:02 am
Not much else you can do - guess it would only be critical if absences are on the border line.
You could apply for a Subject Access Request (SAR) to ask whether UKVI have your travel history but that will take extra time, may produce incomplete data or none at all. https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration
I am reviewing my application form. There is a question about the issuing authority of the passport and ID. On both my passport and ID these details are written in Italian. In English the translation would be "Minister of Foreign Affairs" for the passport and "Municipality of" for the ID. Should I just insert these details as they are written (in Italian) or just write the English translation in the application form? 
​​​​​​​Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:56 am

Use English.