ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visa fee - refund

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gihanp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

UK visa fee - refund

Post by gihanp » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:47 pm

hi, I'm a student and I received my visa a few days ago. Yesterday I applied for visa for my dependents (applied from outside the UK). My dependents bio-metric is not given yet and their bio-metric appointment (VFS global) date is on Tuesday next week. I'm in a situation where I may have to cancel the dependents visa application because they may not be able to travel with me (not confirmed yet though). If I cancel their application prior to the bio-metric appointment date, will I get a full refund (both healthcare surcharge and the visa fee) ?

And If I couldn't make a decision about their traveling and if I postpone their bio-metric appointment by another week and still I had to cancel the visa application however and If I did so prior to the postponed bio-metric date, will I get a full refund (both healthcare surcharge and the visa fee) ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: UK visa fee - refund

Post by sah10406 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:01 am

gihanp wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:47 pm
I'm in a situation where I may have to cancel the dependents visa application because they may not be able to travel with me (not confirmed yet though).
Can they not just join in the UK you later?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

gihanp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by gihanp » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:34 pm

They may join later. But I cannot confirm it yet.
Simply,
Can I withdraw an application prior to giving the bio-metrics, although I have postponed the bio-metric once of twice after paying the visa and healthcare fee ?
And if I do so, will I get a full refund including the visa fee ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:41 am

The application portal has this detailed guide:

https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.