ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surname Change in BRP - Waiting for 6 months

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RedRose123
Newly Registered
India

Surname Change in BRP - Waiting for 6 months

Post by RedRose123 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:02 pm

Greetings!!!

Hope someone can help me on the below question.

I submitted an application to change my surname on the BRP card in the month of May 2021. When i submitted my application I was asked to submit the supporting documents through ukvcas idv app.

From then I have been waiting for the new BRP card. During the month of August I called up the contact number given in UKVI site and escalated the same but till now I haven't received any update from UKVI.
The mailbox which used to answer applicants query have been disabled and the contact centre number also gives only automated messages but not allowing to speak to anyone.

Does anyone know how to proceed in this kind of situation. Also, i got an important question about my travel.

Incase of any emergency am i allowed to travel using the existing BRP card which has a valid visa till 2024 Dec but my lastname in the passport is different to the one in existing BRP card.

kindly advise.

RedRose123
Newly Registered
India

Re: Surname Change in BRP - Waiting for 6 months

Post by RedRose123 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:15 pm

Hi,

Can someone please help me on the above issue. All my calls to UKVI are going to automated message. Does anyone know how to contact UK border agency regarding the travel with different names in Passport and bRP card.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.