ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Visitor Visa for my parents from UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

n8net
- thin ice -

Applying for Visitor Visa for my parents from UK

Post by n8net » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:22 am

Hi,

I am in the UK now and going to apply for visitor visa for my parents to visit me.

I am using the online application, so first wanted to make sure if I am allowed to do that, or is it my parents who should apply from back home.

Also, is the process for uploading the docs is same as normal in-country applications, like once you pay the fee, they ask you to create an account and you have some time to upload the docs ?

also where does on the form it asks for visa duration. I want to apply for 5 year visa, but as far as I can see, the online application does not ask for it..is it after the declaration statge?

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Applying for Visitor Visa for my parents from UK

Post by secret.simon » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:40 pm

From memory, aren't you in the UK as a refugee?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:45 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:40 pm
From memory, aren't you in the UK as a refugee?
Tier 1 General, ILR and BC based on previous posts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:45 pm
I remember the OP asking questions about traveling to Europe on a Convention Travel Document.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:19 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:48 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:45 pm
I remember the OP asking questions about traveling to Europe on a Convention Travel Document.
Asks for "others" often I think.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:28 am

hi, yes, I have BC and Refugee questions were for a friend.

but, why couldn't refugees invite parents anyway ?

any idea/ advice about my original questions pls? is visitor visa applications for my parents can be applied by me and the process is same as the applications I made in-country in terms of booking appointments and submitting docs?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:31 pm

n8net wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:22 am
Hi,

I am in the UK now and going to apply for visitor visa for my parents to visit me.

I am using the online application, so first wanted to make sure if I am allowed to do that, or is it my parents who should apply from back home. You can fill on their behalf.

Also, is the process for uploading the docs is same as normal in-country applications, like once you pay the fee, they ask you to create an account and you have some time to upload the docs ? Yes

also where does on the form it asks for visa duration. I want to apply for 5 year visa, but as far as I can see, the online application does not ask for it..is it after the declaration statge?

Thanks
https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:45 pm

thanks for the reply.

any idea, how I apply both both mum and dad together so that they get the appointment at the same time pls?

As far as I can see, each person has to fill their own form, so if I submit one first and book an appointment, then no guarantee that other would get the same appointment right?

I wonder how others in same situation has done it...

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:48 am

n8net wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:45 pm
thanks for the reply.

any idea, how I apply both both mum and dad together so that they get the appointment at the same time pls?

As far as I can see, each person has to fill their own form, so if I submit one first and book an appointment, then no guarantee that other would get the same appointment right?

I wonder how others in same situation has done it...
While making first application and it get to the point of "will this person be going to UK with them" probably can link from there (not tried it before). If not then individual application will have to be submitted. The appointment you will get depends on availability and no guarantee that you will be able to secure same appointment for them. When it get to the stage see if you get 2 consecutive times and thereby block book.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:32 am

thanks all.

one more question, when trying to upload documents (which I am doing to save money from VFS doing it for my parents), just want to know under which section their passport copies should be added?

The file upload is divided into several sections, but none relevant to applicant's passport.

I know my parents supposed to handover their passports at the time of their appointment at VFS when their finger prints are taken, but just wanted to avoid VFS charging them just for it, as I had already done most of the work and self uploaded all other docs just to avoid this and any delays.

also, I believe at this appointment their photos will be taken too ?

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:38 am

also there is a section for Tubeclosis, but I think it does not apply for visitor visa as it is less than 6 months..what do I upload for it..believe it may not allow 'finalising' the bundle until 'something' is uploaded.

anybody who came across this for visitor visa applications online ?

again asking this as I just want my parents to have pleasant experience at VFS, where they just go in, give passport and biometrics and come back without enduring any delays and paying money needlessly for VFS as I have heavily invested my time with application and self upload of docs..

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:15 am

n8net wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:32 am
thanks all.

one more question, when trying to upload documents (which I am doing to save money from VFS doing it for my parents), just want to know under which section their passport copies should be added?

The file upload is divided into several sections, but none relevant to applicant's passport.

I know my parents supposed to handover their passports at the time of their appointment at VFS when their finger prints are taken, but just wanted to avoid VFS charging them just for it, as I had already done most of the work and self uploaded all other docs just to avoid this and any delays.

also, I believe at this appointment their photos will be taken too ?
Upload wherever you want. While the different sections are there, uploading all relevant documents is what matters.
Yes photos will be taken.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:18 am

n8net wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:38 am
also there is a section for Tubeclosis, but I think it does not apply for visitor visa as it is less than 6 months..what do I upload for it..believe it may not allow 'finalising' the bundle until 'something' is uploaded.

anybody who came across this for visitor visa applications online ?

again asking this as I just want my parents to have pleasant experience at VFS, where they just go in, give passport and biometrics and come back without enduring any delays and paying money needlessly for VFS as I have heavily invested my time with application and self upload of docs..
Didn't cine across it and its not needed.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:53 am

thanks a lot.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:27 am

btw, any body have the HO Guidance documents on what doc should be submitted and what should not.

found this via Googling: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ing-the-uk

but it does not have the list of document, me as a sponsor should submit.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:53 pm

one more question:

the fee we pay to HO for visitor visa, is it inclusive of the VFS charges ?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:47 pm

n8net wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:53 pm
one more question:

the fee we pay to HO for visitor visa, is it inclusive of the VFS charges ?
HO and VFS knows the arrangement they have between each other and how they share the fees.
However if you choose other options like assisted service, check my documents etc, these are additional fees that you pay and it goes to the VAC for providing you such additional services.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:44 pm

yes, my question was, if we pay the £684 for 5 year visa at the time of submitting online application and we do not use any additional services at VFS, still is there any service VFS can charge?

may be to take the fingerprints etc, or is that visa feel inclusive of those, stuff absolutely critical for visa?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:22 am

n8net wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:44 pm
yes, my question was, if we pay the £684 for 5 year visa at the time of submitting online application and we do not use any additional services at VFS, still is there any service VFS can charge?

may be to take the fingerprints etc, or is that visa feel inclusive of those, stuff absolutely critical for visa?
No other charges if you have not selected any other service.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:14 pm

does anyone know what is the avg time these days to process visitor visa?

coz my parents applied just over a month ago and no updates since then?

the applicants are supposed to get an email for sure when the applications are processed right ?

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:54 am

UKVI website says 90% of the applications are processed within 15 days...but is it just me or the trend in reality looks like 90% of the applicaitons take 45 -60 days for visitor visa ?

has this always been the case or coz of Covid?

aamirchoksi
BANNED
India

Post by aamirchoksi » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:37 pm

I think the long processing times are because of the high demand of UK standard visitor visas and shortage of staff due to covid, as I've seen many of my friend's family members getting their decision in 3-4 weeks' time.

QSDanik
Mood:

Post by QSDanik » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:18 pm

n8net wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:14 pm
does anyone know what is the avg time these days to process visitor visa?

coz my parents applied just over a month ago and no updates since then?

the applicants are supposed to get an email for sure when the applications are processed right ?
My Brother Applied on 5th jan from Lahore, but still no email confirmation of for application dispatch etc.