ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP (ILR) replacement and travel

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tabea
Newly Registered

BRP (ILR) replacement and travel

Post by Tabea » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:47 pm

I have ILR and my BRP is expiring in May 2022.

I am planning to apply for my replacement BRP soon but also need to travel in January.

Do I need to submit my original passport with the BRP replacement application? I understand it could take up to six months? Would my passport be held up at the Home Office until the new card is ready? (I travel frequently for work.)

Can I submit the application and travel as per normal while waiting for the new BRP? My original
passport is eligible for e-gates and I have only ever had to show the BRP when the e-gates are not in operation.

Would appreciate insights on timeline and what to expect, from others who have been through the process. Thank you.