ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 Support Letter Email

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jungle_h
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Stamp 4 Support Letter Email

Post by jungle_h » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:27 pm

Hi, wondering what’s the timeline of receiving the letter. Submitted on 5th Nov and the website says process 8th now. Haven’t received any email after submitting my pdfs. Not sure if this has fallen through the cracks.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Stamp 4 Support Letter Email

Post by littlerr » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:41 pm

They start processing applications from that date. It doesn’t mean they finish processing applications on the same day. There will be checks with INIS, Revenue and your employer, so it usually takes a few weeks.

jungle_h
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by jungle_h » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:19 pm

I see. And I suppose it’s normal that there’s no “we have received your application” email?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:30 pm

That I don’t know. I’ll let whoever submitted their applications recently to chime in. Back in the day it was all paper, and I don’t recall seeing any acknowledgment from them. There was only a final approval letter.

jungle_h
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by jungle_h » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:26 am

Thanks! And from reading other posts, looks like I can use the online renewal even for changing stamps? (INIS’ website isn’t particularly clear on this)

What’s people’s experience on submitting the renewal application before the “30 day before expiry” requirements? Will the system reject it?

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:21 pm

As for Stamp 4 support letter. When you apply you should receive an email acknowledgement stating your Permit number and acknowledgement date.

As for online renewal- if your passport has not changed since your previous renewal then apply online (currently huge delays). If you have a new passport then you'd need to make an appointment and appear at the office.

I didn't try submitting 30 days before as I thought it might be rejected if I did so.

jungle_h
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by jungle_h » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:16 pm

kupuser wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:21 pm
As for Stamp 4 support letter. When you apply you should receive an email acknowledgement stating your Permit number and acknowledgement date.

As for online renewal- if your passport has not changed since your previous renewal then apply online (currently huge delays). If you have a new passport then you'd need to make an appointment and appear at the office.

I didn't try submitting 30 days before as I thought it might be rejected if I did so.
I see. I didn’t get any email reply when I submitted my application. How long did you get the letter after your processing day has passed?

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:14 pm

I received my letter (as PDF) by email on the same day when the "processing date" on the website moved past my application date.

You should give the employment section a call as you should have received an acknowledgement email at least.

jungle_h
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by jungle_h » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:36 pm

Yeah. I called them this morning and no record of my email at all. They asked me to forward the email so they can have a look. No reply so far. Will see. Not sure what else I can do.

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:01 pm

Did you send the email to the address mentioned on the form? I had heard there used to be a different email address previously.

When I emailed them my application for the first time I received an automated "post master" email back saying their inbox was full and so my email was not delivered. I waited for 1 day and resent it. I then received the acknowledgement email 1-2 days later.

jungle_h
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by jungle_h » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:20 pm

I got the acknowledgment today but dated today as well. I’ve replied with my previous email attached and we will call back next week if still not processed.

brdz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by brdz » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:22 pm

jungle_h wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:20 pm
I got the acknowledgment today but dated today as well. I’ve replied with my previous email attached and we will call back next week if still not processed.
I’m wondering if this has been solved and what was the solution.

I’m wondering because I have a similar issue. In my case I have the receipt/acknowledgment but the date moved to 1 day after the day I applied and I still haven’t received anything. Not sure how I should proceed. Today is Sunday so I should give a call to them tomorrow even though there is no way to contact the department that process those letter specifically.

marciorc
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by marciorc » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:22 am

Did you get some answer? It have been passed 2 days after my processing date (12/Jan/22)

excelsia91
Newly Registered
India

Post by excelsia91 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:55 am

Hello,
I'm in the same boat. I applied on 5th January and the website says as of 5th February they have sent applications received on/before 12th January for processing. I haven't received any acknowledgement email. I have emailed EPstamp4@enterprise.ie and info@enterprise.ie stating the same and heard back from the latter who asked someone from the former to look at the issue. Hope its sorted and I'm not pushed back to the end of the queue!

jungle_h
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by jungle_h » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:49 am

I got it in early Jan based on the date I’ve re-sent my application, which was more than a month after my initial submission. I’ve emailed them multiple times but no responses. Very frustrating but nothing much we can do.

The call centre was sympathetic but they can only give you the boilerplate answer: email the address.

marciorc
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by marciorc » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:26 am

for someone who did not received any answer on application, I am sharing what happend to me:

1) EPStamp4@enterprise.gov.ie returns a AUTOMATIC REPLY when you send the application to it.

2) The day after I received the following email from epms@enterprise.gov.ie:
The Employment Permits Section wishes to acknowledge receipt of your
Request for a Stamp 4 Support Letter as follows:

Date Received: 11/01/2022
Permit Type: Critical Skills Employment Permit
Employee: xxxx xxxx
Employment Permit Number: xxxxxxx
Expiry Date: xx/03/2022

Please note that Requests for Support Letters are processed strictly in
date of receipt order and our current processing dates can be found on our
website at:
https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Workp ... ing-Dates/

Employment Permits Section
Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employmet
Earlsfort Centre
Lower Hatch Street
Dublin 2

Tel: 4175333, Lo-call 0818 80 80 90
Fax: 6313268
Email: employmentpermits@enterprise.gov.ie

Regards

brdz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by brdz » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:00 pm

marciorc wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:22 am
Did you get some answer? It have been passed 2 days after my processing date (12/Jan/22)
Hey Marcio, I got an answer, yes. I sent an email to employmentpermits@enterprise.gov.ie explaining that my date of application had already been passed on the website and asking if my application was ok. Then, 8 days after they answered me saying that my case had been passed to the "relevant supervisor". After this, my application was considered and some days after I got my letter.

My advice is to call the employment permits section and also send them an email. Email seems more effective.

brdz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by brdz » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:07 pm

excelsia91 wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:55 am
Hello,
I'm in the same boat. I applied on 5th January and the website says as of 5th February they have sent applications received on/before 12th January for processing. I haven't received any acknowledgement email. I have emailed EPstamp4@enterprise.ie and info@enterprise.ie stating the same and heard back from the latter who asked someone from the former to look at the issue. Hope its sorted and I'm not pushed back to the end of the queue!
Hey, your case seems a bit different than mine because you haven't received any acknowledgement email :(. Try to be fast and send a new application but also mention your previous application in this new one.

Try to email employmentpermits@enterprise.gov.ie instead of EPstamp4@enterprise.ie to explain your case because epstamp4 is just for applications (that's just my opinion and what I could understand. not a fact). Maybe they can repair your first application and that would be your best chance.

edkee82
Newly Registered
India

Post by edkee82 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:49 pm

kupuser wrote:

Hello kupuser, so my current stamp 1 is valid until May end and I received the stamp 4 approval letter from DBEI. I'm a Dublin resident. So change of IRP can be done online from April end, is that correct? (no change in passport)

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:21 pm

edkee82 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:49 pm
kupuser wrote:

Hello kupuser, so my current stamp 1 is valid until May end and I received the stamp 4 approval letter from DBEI. I'm a Dublin resident. So change of IRP can be done online from April end, is that correct? (no change in passport)
Hi.

Yes you can do it online.

You might attach this letter along with other documents that are normally needed.

edkee82
Newly Registered
India

Post by edkee82 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:07 am

great, thanks kupuser