ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Processing Times - Help us to help you

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Munmun
Newly Registered

Post by Munmun » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:39 pm

Hi All,

I have been silently following this forum since long.I had also applied for tier 1 (General) and to my surprise I got my passport today .Following are my timelines :-

Application sent -- 11 th Sep
Ack Recieved -- 12th Sep
Payment deducted -- 12th Sep
Visa Stamped -- 9th Oct
Got my papers back -- 22nd Oct

I called up HO last week (17th Oct) and they told me that its under consideration.

All my papers and proofs were from India only but I applied from UK. Was on a work permit then...

One more thing that I would like to share this that the CC was patient enough to tell me the steps of processing a visa, which are as follows :-
1. The application is entered into the database
2. Assigned to a Case worker
3. Case worker then hands it over to his/her manager to cross check all the details.
4. Manager then passes it on to Visa department which takes a week to get it stamped.

Hope this helps..
Thank you all ..
Cheers,
Moon

pino700
Newly Registered

Post by pino700 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:00 pm

Munmun wrote:Hi All,

I have been silently following this forum since long.I had also applied for tier 1 (General) and to my surprise I got my passport today .Following are my timelines :-

Application sent -- 11 th Sep
Ack Recieved -- 12th Sep
Payment deducted -- 12th Sep
Visa Stamped -- 9th Oct
Got my papers back -- 22nd Oct

I called up HO last week (17th Oct) and they told me that its under consideration.

All my papers and proofs were from India only but I applied from UK. Was on a work permit then...

One more thing that I would like to share this that the CC was patient enough to tell me the steps of processing a visa, which are as follows :-
1. The application is entered into the database
2. Assigned to a Case worker
3. Case worker then hands it over to his/her manager to cross check all the details.
4. Manager then passes it on to Visa department which takes a week to get it stamped.

Hope this helps..
Thank you all ..
Cheers,
Moon
Munmun,

Congrats. Thanks for sharing the info on processing of the visa application. Why the long delay between stamping of the visa on 9/10 and your receipt of the posted docs on 22/10?

jimmylau8080

Post by jimmylau8080 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:14 pm

jimmylau8080 wrote:Application Type: WP -> Tier 1 ( General )
Applied From: UK

Posted Application: August 30th 2008
Payment Taken: Sept 1st
Confirmation Letter Dated: Sept 3rd
Assigned to case worker: Oct 1st

I just called HO on Thursday 9 Oct 2008. The customer service seam the phone pass to someone. Guess what that guy says, he says the application is going smooth, will be ready approximately a couple of weeks.

Does it means application approved?

I called one day later. Twice I get the answer 'under consideration'. I a bit confuse now!
Just a update here

Posted Application: August 30th 2008
Payment Taken: Sept 1st
Confirmation Letter Dated: Sept 3rd
Assigned to case worker: Oct 1st

Today, I call the first CC told me my application will be dispatched soon. But, unable to tell any status.

I call again the 2nd CC told me my application is under consideration. I really confuse....

I call again finally the last CC told me my application will be dispatched soon.

Hopefully will receive this few day

here4tier1

Post by here4tier1 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:07 am

Sep08T1Applicant wrote:hey here4tier

i have a query to ask you if you could help me with this what have you written in your UT because i am thinking to send UT as well i have applied on 6th of sep but still it's underconsideration day before yesterday when i called HO the guy told me that you application is in final stages and case worker passed to manager for final decision but today when i called HO the lady told me that your application is still underconsideartion and with case worker now i am very very tensed that what is happening:(

Thanks
Hello Mate - I used the same form, which is on HO website, for HSMP UTR.

I have to travel to my home country latest by end of Nov. So, I did mention tht. Also, attached the copy of my flight bookings. Below is what the request looks like -

Reason for Urgent Treatment
Due to unavoidable family matter, I have to travel to my home country, latest by last week of November-08. I would be truly very obliged if you can consider my application under urgent treatment. However, please do not withdraw my application if urgent treatment is not granted.

To insure maximum possible time, I have booked my flight on 23-Nov-08. Attached is with this request, is my flight booking, for your kind consideration. Please do not hesitate to contact me via email/phone /correspondence address, if any clarification is required.

Also, I would be very grateful if you could please acknowledge the receipt of this request form.

here4tier1

Post by here4tier1 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:12 am

here4tier1 wrote:
Sep08T1Applicant wrote:hey here4tier

i have a query to ask you if you could help me with this what have you written in your UT because i am thinking to send UT as well i have applied on 6th of sep but still it's underconsideration day before yesterday when i called HO the guy told me that you application is in final stages and case worker passed to manager for final decision but today when i called HO the lady told me that your application is still underconsideartion and with case worker now i am very very tensed that what is happening:(

Thanks
Hello Mate - I used the same form, which is on HO website, for HSMP UTR.

I have to travel to my home country latest by end of Nov. So, I did mention tht. Also, attached the copy of my flight bookings. Below is what the request looks like -

Reason for Urgent Treatment
Due to unavoidable family matter, I have to travel to my home country, latest by last week of November-08. I would be truly very obliged if you can consider my application under urgent treatment. However, please do not withdraw my application if urgent treatment is not granted.

To insure maximum possible time, I have booked my flight on 23-Nov-08. Attached is with this request, is my flight booking, for your kind consideration. Please do not hesitate to contact me via email/phone /correspondence address, if any clarification is required.

Also, I would be very grateful if you could please acknowledge the receipt of this request form.
Forgot to mention - It is always good if you can attach the proof along with your UTR. It increases the chance of your application being treated as urgent.(This was suggested by HO CC) :)

helloimran

Post by helloimran » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:18 am

Thanks JESSIES,

Once again thanks for your kind support,i will do that next week and let you know.

here4tier1

Post by here4tier1 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:36 am

Guys - Does any one know by wht means does HO sends our docs back ?
I have the been told by HO CC tht my docs were sent to me via recorded delivery on 22Oct.

Do they send it via recorded 1st class or recorded 2nd class delivery ?

------------------------------------------------------------
Story So far .....
------------------------------------------------------------
Application Sent: 18-Sep-08
Payment deducted: 19-Sep-08
Ack Letter received on : 24-Sep-08 (Dated 19-Sep-08)
Assigned to CW on : 10-Oct-08 - As per HO CC
Docs sent back by HO : 22-Oct-08 - As per HO CC
Approved/ Rejected : Don't know. Still waiting for the docs.

here4tier1

Visa Approved

Post by here4tier1 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:43 pm

Hello All,

It’s definitely my lucky day. Just collected my docs from the post office.
Visa approved for 3 yrs. The application was through in exactly 5 weeks.

-----------------
My Time Line
-----------------
Ack Letter received on: 24-Sep-08 ( Dated 19-Sep-08 )
UT faxed on: 21-Oct-08 @ 8:50 a.m. on 0114 207 2932
UT Acked: 21-Oct-08 – The HO CC notified me tht they are considering it as Urgent.
Docs sent back by HO: 22-Oct-08
Approved/ Rejected: Approved
Docs Received: 23-Oct-08 @ Just 15 minutes ago
Visa stamped on: 21-Oct-08 valid till 21-Oct-11
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Best of luck to all who are waiting. I will be around to help, in case some one asks.

I am very gr8ful to this forum for all the support.

Cheers guys!!

cadeaux
Newly Registered

Applied on 4th of Spt, still waiting

Post by cadeaux » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:45 pm

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I haven't been using this forum while applying but now I'm seriously worried about my application.

I applied on 4th of Sept, then got a job offer and sent it together with urgent treatment which was received by HO on 16th of Oct and now when I check the status CC are telling me different stories all the time, either the application is under consideration and has been passed to CW on 30th of September or it has not been passed to CW at all but will be treated as urgent...

Do you know any other contact numbers or e-mails so that I can verify the exact status of the application? Also, do you know how much time does a CW require to verify evth on average?

So far dates are:

Applied: 4th of Sept (from UK, but originally from Russia, switching from Work Permit)
Ref number granted: 5th of Sept
Ref number: PB317*
Ackn received and Payment collected: 8th of Sept
Passed to CW: 30th of Sept (according to some calls)
UT received by HO: 16th of Oct
Current status: under consideration (according to some calls)

Thanks a lot

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:29 pm

Thank you very much here4tier1, I will see what I can do in order to send UT.

I called homeoffice today and came to know that my application is "Still Under Consideration", i don't know what to say, I told the CC that i have spoken to someone and they told me that my application is completed and is in the final stages, she said that is not right as far as i can see in my system your application is still under consideration, so calling them is of no use apart from frustration.

My timelines are :

Applied: 06/09/2008
Payment Deducted:09/09/2008
Ack Letter recd: 10/09/2008
Allocated to case worker: 06/10/2008

Finger crossed!
Regards,
AZ

agarwalanil1
Newly Registered

Post by agarwalanil1 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:40 am

HI,

I tried calling the home office contact number - 01142074074.
But I was not able to talk to any customer contact person.

Afte few automated messages, the call gets disconnected. COuld anyone please let me know what is the best way to talk to them regarding the application status.

Thanks

pino700
Newly Registered

Re: Visa Approved

Post by pino700 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:00 am

here4tier1 wrote:Hello All,

It’s definitely my lucky day. Just collected my docs from the post office.
Visa approved for 3 yrs. The application was through in exactly 5 weeks.

-----------------
My Time Line
-----------------
Ack Letter received on: 24-Sep-08 ( Dated 19-Sep-08 )
UT faxed on: 21-Oct-08 @ 8:50 a.m. on 0114 207 2932
UT Acked: 21-Oct-08 – The HO CC notified me tht they are considering it as Urgent.
Docs sent back by HO: 22-Oct-08
Approved/ Rejected: Approved
Docs Received: 23-Oct-08 @ Just 15 minutes ago
Visa stamped on: 21-Oct-08 valid till 21-Oct-11
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Best of luck to all who are waiting. I will be around to help, in case some one asks.

I am very gr8ful to this forum for all the support.

Cheers guys!!
here4tier1

Congrats mate for the good news. Following your advice I sent a UTR on 21/10 and HO confirmed that the docs were passed on to a caseworker on 22/10. This morning on 24/10 I rang HO and I was told the docs were dispatched to me on 23/10. I hope its positive news. Really need the visa to boost my chances of landing another job after recently being made redundant. I am gratefully and appreciative of the forum for the ideas, encourangement and the support. I wish all the luck to all those waiting for expeditious processing of their applications.

pino700
Newly Registered

Post by pino700 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:05 am

agarwalanil1 wrote:HI,

I tried calling the home office contact number - 01142074074.
But I was not able to talk to any customer contact person.

Afte few automated messages, the call gets disconnected. COuld anyone please let me know what is the best way to talk to them regarding the application status.

Thanks
Keep on calling the number. I had the same experience this morning. Be patient its Friday.

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:01 pm

Today i sent UT to HO in the morning and when i called HO in afternoon to ask either they have accepted my UT or Not then they replied that we will decied on Monday either we accept it or not anyone here has any idea about it beacause i am confused:(

Thanks
AZ

fumanchu314159265
Newly Registered

quick approval received

Post by fumanchu314159265 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:03 am

I've been a lurker here since I started preparing my application -- thanks for all of the helpful discussion. Like many of you, we've had pressing needs to travel and so have been anxiously waiting, concerned that we might have somehow made a mistake somewhere in our application. But we were very fortunate and received a quick approval.

Here are our details:

Applying in the UK, US citizens (applicant + spouse + 2 children), switching from IGS to Tier 1 with 75 points claimed

I noted in the cover letter that I had international business travel planned for 21 Nov and included a copy of my itinerary. I noted that I did not want my application withdrawn if the date could not be met.

06 Oct 2008 -- sent special delivery to Home Office
07 Oct 2008 -- payment debited
07 Oct 2008 -- acknowledgment letter dated (Reference Number: PB3202*)
11 Oct 2008 -- acknowledgment letter received
22 Oct 2008 -- approval letter dated
25 Oct 2008 -- approval received by special delivery with stamped passports through 22 Oct 2011

Thanks again for a very helpful forum and I hope all of you have quick, positive replies, too.

cheers2boss

Post by cheers2boss » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:45 pm

Success........I got my Tier1 FLR stamped for 3 years. This forum is rocking and I would like to give a big thank you for this forum.

Switching from WP to Tier1, already has HSMP approval letter. Here are my timelines for FLR...

FLR appln sent from within UK:- 2 Oct 08
Recvd HO:- 3 Oct 08
Recvd ack letter:- 6 Oct08
Recvd passport with VISA and docs:- 22 Oct 08 (Visa dated 20 Oct 08)
VISA valid for 3 years till Oct 2011.

Thank you one and all......
Bye

helloimran

Post by helloimran » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:43 am

Hi,
Just called to HO,they told me that my application still with caseworker and she said application is not completed yet but she also mensioned that it will not be too long now.

Has anyone got the same answer from HO?
Any advice on tnat please?

Applied with one dependant 16/sep/08
Payment 17/sep/08
Ref received 22/sep/08

Still waiting............

gallic1010
Newly Registered

Post by gallic1010 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:17 am

[quote="helloimran"]Hi,
Just called to HO,they told me that my application still with caseworker and she said application is not completed yet but she also mensioned that it will not be too long now.

Has anyone got the same answer from HO?
Any advice on tnat please?

Applied with one dependant 16/sep/08
Payment 17/sep/08
Ref received 22/sep/08

Still waiting............[/quote]

Hey,

I am getting the same answer from last 2 weeks. I had applied with one dependent on 19th August. Its more than 10 weeks now and am still waiting.

Lets hope n pray that we get our documents soon.

-G

pino700
Newly Registered

Post by pino700 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:52 am

cheers2boss wrote:Success........I got my Tier1 FLR stamped for 3 years. This forum is rocking and I would like to give a big thank you for this forum.

Switching from WP to Tier1, already has HSMP approval letter. Here are my timelines for FLR...

FLR appln sent from within UK:- 2 Oct 08
Recvd HO:- 3 Oct 08
Recvd ack letter:- 6 Oct08
Recvd passport with VISA and docs:- 22 Oct 08 (Visa dated 20 Oct 08)
VISA valid for 3 years till Oct 2011.

Thank you one and all......
Bye
To All.

I finally got my approved and stamped visa on my passport. Applied for switching from WP to Tier 1:

My timelines for FLR:

Application posted via special delivery on 30/09/08
Received by HO on 01/10/08
Ack letter dated 02/10/08
Fees deducted on 03/10/08
Received ack letter on 04/10/08
UT sent on 21/10/08
Application approved on 22/10/08 including visa stamping.
Visa valid to 22/10/11 (3 year duration)
Docs received on 24/10/08.

Replaced WP based leave to remain visa was valid for 5 yrs up 25/02/12.

I also join Cheers2boss in expressing my heartfelt gratitude and thanks to the forum for the unselfish tips and advice. Wish all the luck to other forum members who are still anxiously waiting for the outcome of their applications.

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:12 pm

Congratulation Pino
i have question to ask you that after sending UT to HO did you receive any acknowledgement letter from HO. when did you gave a call to HO beacuse i sent UT yesterday didnt get any reply from their side and when gave you a call to HO what did they reply you about your UT Acceptence

Many thanks
AZ

gallic1010
Newly Registered

Post by gallic1010 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:50 pm

I finally got my approved visa. Applied for switching from WP to Tier 1 (along with 1 dependant) from UK:

Application posted on 19/08/08
Fees deducted on 26/08/08 (paid by cheque)
Ack letter 28/08/08
Application approved on 03/10/08 including visa stamping.
Docs received on 28/10/08 (Don't know why it took so long to reach me)

I would like to express my gratitude towards this forum and all the contributors. Good luck to all those who are waiting and let me know if I could be of any help to anyone.

Wishing you all a very happy diwali.

PS: I called up CC yesterday and they told me that its still under consideration.

GIMS

Post by GIMS » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:18 pm

Got my passport back today with approval.

Application Date: 10 Oct 08 (Royal Mail Recorded Delivery)
Received and Payment Date: 13/10/08
Approval Letter Date: 24 Oct 08
Passport Received: 28 Oct 08

I did apply with approval letter but didnt send any UT.

Good Luck to everybody waiting for theirs.
Last edited by GIMS on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pino700
Newly Registered

Post by pino700 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:46 pm

Sep08T1Applicant wrote:Congratulation Pino
i have question to ask you that after sending UT to HO did you receive any acknowledgement letter from HO. when did you gave a call to HO beacuse i sent UT yesterday didnt get any reply from their side and when gave you a call to HO what did they reply you about your UT Acceptence

Many thanks
I sent my UT on 21/10 and when I called HO on 22/10 they said the application had been passed on to a caseworker on the same day.I did not receive any acknowledgement letter from HO. I am not sure whether the approval on 22/10 was instigated by the UT or not.

zee
Newly Registered

28 June 2008

Post by zee » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:42 am

hi i applied 28 june 2008 still waiting

if any body waiting from June plz reply. does this delay is -tive????

zee
Newly Registered

28 June 2008

Post by zee » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:43 am

hi i applied 28 june 2008 still waiting

if any body waiting from June plz reply. does this delay is -tive????