ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Whyworry
Nigeria

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Whyworry » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:53 pm

Win49 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:21 pm
Hi all,
Quick question for the ones that have received their biometric letters, please when did you apply and also was it by email? I have been waiting for mine and nothing yet.
Thanks in advance
For me they sent email that I should register account with UkCAS that I should be waiting for biometric letter to book for appointment and fortunately I received my biometric next day letter and my passport
Fortunately again I got free appointment with 30 days

Blessed child
Newly Registered

Post by Blessed child » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:01 am

Win49 wrote:
Hi all,
Quick question for the ones that have received their biometric letters, please when did you apply and also was it by email? I have been waiting for mine and nothing yet.
Thanks in advance
I applied on the 29th of June 2021 by email and got my passport and biometric letter 3rd week of November though it was dated second week. I know a friend that applied earlier than me but by postal and she has not received anything. She is still waiting. You are not alone. Hopefully yours will come soon. Good luck!

Win49
Newly Registered

Post by Win49 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:36 am

Thank you @why worry for your response

Win49
Newly Registered

Post by Win49 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:40 am

Blessed child wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:01 am
Win49 wrote:
Hi all,
Thanks in advance
I applied on the 29th of June 2021 by email and got my passport and biometric letter 3rd week of November though it was dated second week. I know a friend that applied earlier than me but by postal and she has not received anything. She is still waiting. You are not alone. Hopefully yours will come soon. Good luck!

Thank you Blessed child , I also sent it through post as well. Looks like they are responding to those who emailed first.
Will keep waiting 😊 thanks once again for the reassurance 🙏

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:45 pm

i made postal application on 09.09.2021 for my new born baby. still waiting for biometric letter. both parent have pre settle Zambrano status. sent email to home office.

Lagosbos

Post by Lagosbos » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:50 pm

For those who are primary carer for an adult (Zambrano) might find this judgement useful which was delivered today. Especially the para56 is quite interesting.
https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2021/1754.html

Lagosbos

Post by Lagosbos » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:51 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:45 pm
i made postal application on 09.09.2021 for my new born baby. still waiting for biometric letter. both parent have pre settle Zambrano status. sent email to home office.
Mubashir, its been ages and congratulations on your new born.

Lagosbos

Post by Lagosbos » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:23 pm

Akinsanya v SSHD hearing has been listed for tomorrow, but not before 10.30 am and it will be live streamed for those who intend to follow it live. All the best.

Catalley09
Zimbabwe

Post by Catalley09 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:47 pm

Lagosbos wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:23 pm
Akinsanya v SSHD hearing has been listed for tomorrow, but not before 10.30 am and it will be live streamed for those who intend to follow it live. All the best.
do you have a link?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:23 pm

Underhill LJ is a decent judge. Lets hope he will do the right thing. Need all the Home Office applications before the Tribunal to fail.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Lagosbos

Post by Lagosbos » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:33 pm

Obie wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:23 pm
Underhill LJ is a decent judge. Lets hope he will do the right thing. Need all the Home Office applications before the Tribunal to fail.
Catalley09 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:47 pm
Lagosbos wrote:
do you have a link?
Court 74

https://www.judiciary.uk/you-and-the-ju ... -hearings/

Onomskky
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Onomskky » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:41 am

Lagosbos wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:33 pm
Obie wrote:
Catalley09 wrote:
Lagosbos wrote:
do you have a link?
Court 74

Just watching the case live and the HO is arguing the case like their life depends on it. From what I have seen so far, it’s not looking good but it would be interesting to see what ruling the judge gives.

gee4
Nigeria

Post by gee4 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:46 pm

Onomskky wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:41 am
Lagosbos wrote:
Obie wrote:
Catalley09 wrote:
Lagosbos wrote:
do you have a link?
Court 74

Just watching the case live and the HO is arguing the case like their life depends on it. From what I have seen so far, it’s not looking good but it would be interesting to see what ruling the judge gives.
I also watched it and HO’s argument looking strong

Onomskky
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Onomskky » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:09 pm

gee4 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:46 pm
Onomskky wrote:
Lagosbos wrote:
Obie wrote:
Catalley09 wrote:
Lagosbos wrote:
do you have a link?
Court 74

The one positive from the closing argument was the HO agreement that some errors were made in the drafting of the law. This is also compounded by the fact that the HO argued with the draft at the Supreme Court hereby making it confusing if it was an actual error or just an attempt by the HO to change the goal post when the wording isn’t in their favour. For me it’s a 50:50 probability regarding the Judge’s decision.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:11 pm

One thing about litigation, never draw conclusions when only one party has provided their case.

It seems to me that Underhill was at least not happy with their ground 2 argument, to change the law through the courts after 8 years. A law that has to all intent and purpose being repealed.

The court will be reduced to a laughing stock if it were to do that.

Ground 1 may have convinced them but not sure Ground 2 has.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

gee4
Nigeria

Post by gee4 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:41 pm

Onomskky wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:09 pm
gee4 wrote:
Onomskky wrote:
Lagosbos wrote:
Obie wrote:
Catalley09 wrote:
Lagosbos wrote:
do you have a link?
Court 74

The one positive from the closing argument was the HO agreement that some errors were made in the drafting of the law. This is also compounded by the fact that the HO argued with the draft at the Supreme Court hereby making it confusing if it was an actual error or just an attempt by the HO to change the goal post when the wording isn’t in their favour. For me it’s a 50:50 probability regarding the Judge’s decision.
I’m not very legal competent and struggled to read between the lines, hopefully it’s good news for us all

Tina87
Nigeria

Post by Tina87 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:39 pm

gee4 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:41 pm
Onomskky wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:09 pm
gee4 wrote:
Onomskky wrote:
Lagosbos wrote:
Obie wrote:
Catalley09 wrote:

do you have a link?
Court 74

I’m not very legal competent and struggled to read between the lines, hopefully it’s good news for us all

Hello everyone, please any feedback from today's court judgement?

to be free
Venezuela

Post by to be free » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:57 pm

Waiting here confused in this constant darkness

apollo_alpha

Post by apollo_alpha » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:14 pm

Hi Folks,

To the gurus in the house. How long should we be looking at for this judgement to be handed down.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:34 pm

snooky wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:47 am
To all

For those still waiting for their decision, we understand the heartache which lingers on at the moment.

Still keep your fingers cross as whatever goes up comes down.

The modus of operandi of the HO is to force you to flee and to concede. Again to put fear and to destroy family instead of uniting family.

As there's check and balance in the system and no one is above the law, the system will be just towards you.

Good morning to everyone especially Lulubaby.
Thanks Snooky, I am just here like I am not here. I am emotionally drained. I just blanked out everything about this EUSS application/Akinsanya case, pretending that everything is ok. Honestly, I don’t even know what to do or say anymore.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:00 pm

netqueen wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:22 pm
Dear All,

Hope every one is good.

Letting you all know that Finally I have been granted settled status by Home Office. Yes it has been a long wait , frustrated along the way but still kept faith and finally been granted.
To every one who shared their story on this platform many thanks ,

Snooky, a very big thank you for helping on this platform, many a time I kept wondering if HO will really adhere to the EEA regulations, but alas Finally been granted.

Thanks every one and still praying with those who are yet to be granted that they will also win their cases.

All the best.
Congratulations Netqueen, I still can’t believe HO just intentionally decided to keep you waiting despite you having a Derivative Card already, despite the fact they already gave settled status to other Zambrano carers who
were in the same situation with you.
Mhhhhhh.

Global warming is busy blowing hot and cold externally, HO is busy blowing theirs internally. It’s so difficult and frustrating because with the HO ‘if the heat becomes too much, leave the Spam’ doesn’t work.

Tina87
Nigeria

Post by Tina87 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:15 pm

apollo_alpha wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:14 pm
Hi Folks,

To the gurus in the house. How long should we be looking at for this judgement to be handed down.

January I think .

Onomskky
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Onomskky » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:25 pm

Tina87 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:15 pm
apollo_alpha wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:14 pm
Hi Folks,

January I think .
I believe it takes about 7 days to know the judgement. This is just the 1st stage of the appeal process. Should the judges grant the HO the right to appeal the tribunal’s judgement then I’m afraid it’s going to be a long long process before this gets resolved.

Fustrated2019

Post by Fustrated2019 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:24 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:34 pm
snooky wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:47 am
To all

For those still waiting for their decision, we understand the heartache which lingers on at the moment.

Still keep your fingers cross as whatever goes up comes down.

The modus of operandi of the HO is to force you to flee and to concede. Again to put fear and to destroy family instead of uniting family.

As there's check and balance in the system and no one is above the law, the system will be just towards you.

Good morning to everyone especially Lulubaby.
Thanks Snooky, I am just here like I am not here. I am emotionally drained. I just blanked out everything about this EUSS application/Akinsanya case, pretending that everything is ok. Honestly, I don’t even know what to do or say anymore.
@lulubaby it’s nice to hear from you . Hang in there. The end is in sight 😊

to be free
Venezuela

Post by to be free » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:06 pm

Amen! So let it be