ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling outside Canada after the Oath Ceremony

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aditarya
Newly Registered
Canada

Traveling outside Canada after the Oath Ceremony

Post by aditarya » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:30 pm

Hi
I currently live outside Canada. I moved out temporarily for a job for 2 years. I finished my citizenship test and left the country. I got my oath ceremony scheduled for Dec. 15th., 2021. Here is my question:
I found out that we have to cut our PR card during the oath ceremony. I can travel to Canada for my Oath ceremony. But I have to fly out of Canada right after my Oath ceremony. In my case, the PR card will no be longer valid (So I cannot reenter Canada!). I can give my friends address for the officials to mail the certificate of citizenship and he can mail it to my international address. Can I then use this citizenship certificate to apply for my passport from outside Canada (at the local Canadian embassy)? Is this possible or will there be a problem? Any advice is highly appreciated. Thank you.