ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion on naturalization applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vin82
Newly Registered
India

Re: General discussion on naturalization applications

Post by Vin82 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:21 pm

I didn’t contact HO. This was automatic mail from them.
My application date was 04th June 2021

kairee
Newly Registered

Post by kairee » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:19 am

Hi,
I applied in March 2021, still awaiting a decision. Anyone else who applied around the same time still waiting for a decision? Thank you

Guzz
Newly Registered

Post by Guzz » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:39 pm

kairee wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:19 am
Hi,
I applied in March 2021, still awaiting a decision. Anyone else who applied around the same time still waiting for a decision? Thank you
Out of curiosity, have you ever received an email from HO advising that they won’t process the application in time? Thanks

Brazos
Mood:

Post by Brazos » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:47 pm

Vin82 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:23 pm
Got this mail from Atlas:
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

We expect to make a decision on your application by date, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

What does that mean ? How much more delay expected?
I got the same email about a week ago. I applied on 07 June 2021 on spousal route with a pretty straightforward application with no issues. Anybody else who got a similar email followed by an approval, just to shed some light as to how much time it usually takes to get a decision after such kind of an email from home office. So frustrating, this waiting game. Hopefully soon.

daku
Albania

Post by daku » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:58 am

Can I just check does the waiting time of 6 months start when you apply or when you give your fingerprints. For some that is 1 month apart.

Hasan1983
Sudan

Post by Hasan1983 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:01 pm

daku wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:58 am
Can I just check does the waiting time of 6 months start when you apply or when you give your fingerprints. For some that is 1 month apart.
It starts when you submit and pay your online application.The biometrics enrolment is stage in application process.

ronniemae
Newly Registered

Post by ronniemae » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:15 pm

Brazos wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:47 pm
Vin82 wrote:
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

We expect to make a decision on your application by date, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

I got the same email about a week ago. I applied on 07 June 2021 on spousal route with a pretty straightforward application with no issues. Anybody else who got a similar email followed by an approval, just to shed some light as to how much time it usually takes to get a decision after such kind of an email from home office. So frustrating, this waiting game. Hopefully soon.
I got the exact same email on the 3rd of dec and I applied on spousal route too on the 11th of June. So pretty close to your application.
I am getting so impatient as well and I’m hoping for the best outcome asap!

How many got that email?
Maybe they are sending these bog standard email as they are late

Brazos
Mood:

Post by Brazos » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:41 pm

Yes, very frustrating. I have been checking the forum and it appears that it is a standard email for the ones overshooting the six month threshold. Obviously they have to write complex issues to justify the delay. Trying to stay positive between continuous checking of emails and waiting for post everyday, stressful in the least. Hopefully soon.

Mafster333
Newly Registered

Post by Mafster333 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:37 pm

ronniemae wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:15 pm
Brazos wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:47 pm
Vin82 wrote:

I got the exact same email on the 3rd of dec and I applied on spousal route too on the 11th of June. So pretty close to your application.
I am getting so impatient as well and I’m hoping for the best outcome asap!

How many got that email?
Maybe they are sending these bog standard email as they are late
I also got the same mail exactly on the same days! I'd applied on 11 June 2021 and I got the letter citing "exceptionally complex issues" on 3 Dec 2021. On one hand it's scary, but on the other:

1. from the formatting and some incongruences in the language, it's clearly a generic letter they sent after six months or so, because they have to justify they missed their promised target date
2.I had a very straightforward application--same job, same address, paid tax etc etc. so the "complexity" thing is an excuse. They should be adults about this and say "we're running late, sorry"
3. a friend of mine had the same letter, and a couple of months later her application was accepted.

It's not the Christmas present I was hoping for, but I'm trying to keep a positive outlook.

Markus2904
Mood:

Post by Markus2904 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:07 am

I had my ceremony yesterday and received my certificate today :)

Happy & proud :)

Thanks everyone for their help and support!

Next stop: Passport application :)

Indiaukaus
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Indiaukaus » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:16 pm

kairee wrote:
Hi,
I also applied in March and haven't received anything in writing neither by email or post.

How to find out what is going on?

kairee
Newly Registered

Post by kairee » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:51 am

Guzz wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:39 pm
kairee wrote:
Hi,
Out of curiosity, have you ever received an email from HO advising that they won’t process the application in time? Thanks
Hi, yes I did. Still waiting… such a torture

kairee
Newly Registered

Post by kairee » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:54 am

Indiaukaus wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:16 pm
kairee wrote:
Hi,
I also applied in March and haven't received anything in writing neither by email or post.

I have tired to email them but haven’t heard anything

SBB900
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by SBB900 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:01 pm

Hey,

Has any one got an email from Home Office asking them to send a document as proof of address in the last 5 years? I got this email on Sunday. HO said they were processing my application but said would need this information in other to process my application or else they will process my application. I have replied to them. They needed this information with 10 days. I recently moved house to my new house. I stayed at my old house close to 7 years. I sent them letters from my old house and one bank statement with my new house. Hope this goes a long way. Let me know anyone who has had a similar email from HO. I hope I get an approved email for my naturalisation soon.

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:29 pm

Indiaukaus wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:16 pm
kairee wrote:
Hi,

As it is beyond 6 months, I think you can also approach your local MP and take their help to follow up with Home office on your case.

ronniemae
Newly Registered

Post by ronniemae » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:43 pm

SBB900 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:01 pm
Hey,

Has any one got an email from Home Office asking them to send a document as proof of address in the last 5 years? I got this email on Sunday. HO said they were processing my application but said would need this information in other to process my application or else they will process my application. I have replied to them. They needed this information with 10 days. I recently moved house to my new house. I stayed at my old house close to 7 years. I sent them letters from my old house and one bank statement with my new house. Hope this goes a long way. Let me know anyone who has had a similar email from HO. I hope I get an approved email for my naturalisation soon.
When did you apply for ur naturalisation ?
And nope, but how did you manage to not send documents with your old address? Did you have to send letters like dated each different year to make up the 7 years?

SBB900
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by SBB900 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:56 pm

ronniemae wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:43 pm
SBB900 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:01 pm
Hey,

When did you apply for ur naturalisation ?
And nope, but how did you manage to not send documents with your old address? Did you have to send letters like dated each different year to make up the 7 years?
Hi
I applied on the 1st Of October 2021.I sent all my documentation. I also read from this platform that for naturalisation, you do not need to send a lot of supporting document so i didn't send too many documents only the ones which were mandatory. I did add document from my pervious and current address but they still asked for them again. The documents i sent had different year on them from 2015 to 2021.

prs
BANNED

Post by prs » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:07 am

prs wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:33 pm
Aerotony wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:40 am
I submitted an FOI request last month and received a reply from the Home Office.

The average processing time for naturalisation applications submitted this year is approximately 100 days.

The number of naturalisation applications received in 2021 is below: Jan 11244, Feb 12,081, Mar 14,067 Apr 10,807 May 10,956 June 11,487. The delay of June applications might be caused by the impact of the high number of applications submitted in March.

In 2021 approximately 8% of the applicants received approval within 30 days. Over 23% of the applications were approved within 60 days.

I have submitted another FOI request and asked for the order that UKVI processed the applications, and why they prioritised the later submissions instead of dealing with the early pending applications.
I've also requested a FOI from the Home Office Yesterday and asked the following:

1- What are the EXACT steps that a caseworker will take once a Naturalisation Application has been assigned to them?

2- How many cases are assigned to each caseworker (an average would suffice).

3- What are the names of the 'third party' companies that HO and UKVI work with to gather information about the applicant?

4- What is the Naturalisation fee (£1,330+) for?

5- Does the applicant nationality (country of origin) play a role in making decisions for his/her Naturalisation Application?

6- Why UKVI and HO ignores emails and requests sent to them regarding Naturalisation Applications even though they charge a huge amount of money for this service?

I got a reply from the HO today which answered all of my questions:

here's their reply:

1. A caseworker will assess the application and all documentary evidence supplied
against the requirements applied under and will decide the application under the
prevailing legislation, policy and guidance available. All legislation, policy and
guidance is available on the Gov.uk website.

2. There is not a standard number of cases that we assign to each caseworker.
Applications vary in complexity and in the type of application being considered and
are considered by caseworkers based on their experience and training.

3. No “third party” companies are used to gather information about an applicant.

4. All fees are defined under the Immigration and Nationality Fees Regulations.

5. No an applicant’s Nationality does not play a role in the decision-making process.

6. Emails are not ignored. Emails sent through the correct channels in relation to
Naturalisation applications are responded to.
Our website outlines the correct contact details in relation to Nationality enquiries at
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

prs
BANNED

Post by prs » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:10 am

TerryGH wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:09 pm
prs wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:33 pm
Aerotony wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:40 am
I submitted an FOI request last month and received a reply from the Home Office.

The average processing time for naturalisation applications submitted this year is approximately 100 days.

The number of naturalisation applications received in 2021 is below: Jan 11244, Feb 12,081, Mar 14,067 Apr 10,807 May 10,956 June 11,487. The delay of June applications might be caused by the impact of the high number of applications submitted in March.

In 2021 approximately 8% of the applicants received approval within 30 days. Over 23% of the applications were approved within 60 days.

I have submitted another FOI request and asked for the order that UKVI processed the applications, and why they prioritised the later submissions instead of dealing with the early pending applications.
I've also requested a FOI from the Home Office Yesterday and asked the following:

1- What are the EXACT steps that a caseworker will take once a Naturalisation Application has been assigned to them?

2- How many cases are assigned to each caseworker (an average would suffice).

3- What are the names of the 'third party' companies that HO and UKVI work with to gather information about the applicant?

4- What is the Naturalisation fee (£1,330+) for?

5- Does the applicant nationality (country of origin) play a role in making decisions for his/her Naturalisation Application?

6- Why UKVI and HO ignores emails and requests sent to them regarding Naturalisation Applications even though they charge a huge amount of money for this service?
HO will not answer any of your questions, as they don't fall under FOI. Only question 2, was it formulated differently, could be considered under FOI.

Question 4 is partially answered here. Basically the cost of naturalisation is much lower than the fee, HO is making a lot of profit on these applications.

as I said before, HO answered my questions. not the best answers but they all have been answered unlike what you stated!

TerryGH
Chile

Post by TerryGH » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:12 pm

prs wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:10 am
as I said before, HO answered my questions. not the best answers but they all have been answered unlike what you stated!
Happy to stand corrected, didn't expect them to respond at all, good job getting an actual answer from them!

prs
BANNED

Post by prs » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:40 pm

TerryGH wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:12 pm
prs wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:10 am
Happy to stand corrected, didn't expect them to respond at all, good job getting an actual answer from them!
Not happy with their answers as they seem to have replied in a rush just to shut me up :D

but at least we know there are actual humans working in the HO, lol

daku
Albania

Post by daku » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:50 pm

Not sure i trust the HO. Nationality plays a big role and definitely some are discriminated more than others. Some have applied in October and got answers others are waiting for 6 months.

prs
BANNED

Post by prs » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:20 am

daku wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:50 pm
Not sure i trust the HO. Nationality plays a big role and definitely some are discriminated more than others. Some have applied in October and got answers others are waiting for 6 months.
Absolutely right. The response they've given me seems to be incorrect based on what we see and experience.

For example, I have seen people on this forum that contacted HO and asked for an update about their applications and the HO responded by saying that "we are waiting for a clearance from your country of origin..." or something in that relation!

So, that seems to me that the country of origin does in fact play a role in decision making for the HO!

They are also saying there are no "third party" companies involved in their work! this is blatantly a lie as well. They work with police and other agencies to gather information about the applicants. Or are they trying to say that the police and other agencies they work with are part of the HO/government?!?

Finally, they say that don't ignore emails! But they do. I've sent them an email over a month ago and never received any confirmation or reply. And I know for a fact that I have sent the email to the correct "channel" as they call it.

Honestly, I have no idea why they are lying!! what do they get from lying? This is what happens when the leader of this country (BOJO) is a compulsive liar.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:12 am

prs wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:20 am
They are also saying there are no "third party" companies involved in their work! this is blatantly a lie as well. They work with police and other agencies to gather information about the applicants. Or are they trying to say that the police and other agencies they work with are part of the HO/government?!?
It does depend on the exact phraseology, but the police, local authorities, judiciary, etc are all a part of the public sector and can and do share information. I doubt that they will be considered third parties to each other.
prs wrote:
For example, I have seen people on this forum that contacted HO and asked for an update about their applications and the HO responded by saying that "we are waiting for a clearance from your country of origin..." or something in that relation!
Are you sure about this? I could not find any reference to such a phrase if I did a quick search in the British citizenship forum here.

Can you link to any posts on these forums about such a phrase being used during a natuarlisation application?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

prs
BANNED

Post by prs » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:18 am

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:12 am
prs wrote:
It does depend on the exact phraseology, but the police, local authorities, judiciary, etc are all a part of the public sector and can and do share information. I doubt that they will be considered third parties to each other.
prs wrote:
Are you sure about this? I could not find any reference to such a phrase if I did a quick search in the British citizenship forum here.

Can you link to any posts on these forums about such a phrase being used during a natuarlisation application?
Yes, they are playing with words now.

This is one of the emails they sent to many applicants:

As part of the application process, UKVI routinely conduct enquiries with other government departments and external agencies. The extent and length of time taken to complete these varies according to the particular circumstances of each application. In some instances, these have to be pursued at length.

So they are using third parties!

Also, I'm definitely sure that I came across a post here a few weeks back that someone said that the HO checks stuff with the country of origin! especially if the applicant is a political refugee of some sort!