ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EEA2 Divorce

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mary1

Non EEA2 Divorce

Post by Mary1 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:50 pm

Hi All, a very informative website indeed. To tell about myself: I am a non eu migrant who got marrid in november 2003 to a non eu citizen(Irish) We had been together since early 2001 and were enjoying a beautiful marrige and relationship before we lost the spark in our marrige despite trying to rescue it which led to a separation. I meanwhile had applied for RC in march of this year (received COA) as we tried to work things out but things just got worse.Eventually he pressed for a divorce which i granted him as i had no choice due to the pressure he put me under as he thought i had eyes on the house we lived in together. The divorce has now finaly come through quite quick as the heartbreak eats me away to even think he thought i was after money he did not have.

1.My questions are do i contact the home office and advice them of my new situation? and will this affect my original application which is still pending?

2.can i recall the original and apply on my own merrits granting three years of marriage,living together over two years and excersing treaty rights?

your thoughts are welcome

js101
Newly Registered

Post by js101 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:01 am

Hia;

is't ur first time are u applying for the RC on EEA2 froms? or is't PR. coz according to your post you got married in march 2003...did u applied then for the RC?

Mary1

Post by Mary1 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:52 pm

Hi There, i never applied for the RC then. i did it march of this year. thanks

shandave2001

Post by shandave2001 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:54 pm

Hi Mary

According facts you have stated you (non-EU) married in Nov 2003 with an EU national. In that case, you became entitled to reside in the UK as an spouse of EU national immediaely upon your marriage. To apply for EU Fam permit is mere formality. What I understand you should have applied for EEA4 (permanent residence) directly as you have completed post marriage 5 years in Nov 2008. However, this is some thing attached with your second question where you say you have cohabited with your partner only for 2 years.

Could u clarify your second question?