ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 years date calculation for ILR need help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Harry1314
Newly Registered
United States of America

5 years date calculation for ILR need help

Post by Harry1314 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:29 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a very confused question about my 5 year continuous date calculation for ILR.

My BRP ISSUED DATE: 20/01/2017
MY VISA stamped on passport date: 13/02/2017
My current brp expired date: 09/1/2022

I know it is safe to calculate the starting date on the visa which stamped on the passport, however, it seems not reach the 5 years even mins 28 days.

The question is whether I can use the BRP issue date for calculate the starting date of the 5 continuous years?

Thanks for everyone

zimba
Mood:

Re: 5 years date calculation for ILR need help

Post by zimba » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:39 am

You should use the earliest date on a document you have been given. ILR qualifying period is from the date of first visa approval. A sticker or a BRP may have a later day as their issue date, often for administrative reasons. Note that immigration documents can not be backdated so if your visa was approved a week ago but the sticker was affixed today, it will have today's date
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Harry1314
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: 5 years date calculation for ILR need help

Post by Harry1314 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:47 am

GOT IT !!!

Thanks for your help Zimba